Reset LG phone to factory default?

I am about to sell my LG mobile phone. Is there a way to reset my LG to factory default?
The reason I want to do this is so none of my stuff is in there. Also I don't want my number to be seen in the "my number" section.
How can I do it?

asked by Goombla in Mobile Phones | 51559 views | 07-17-2009 at 07:15 PM

In order to erase all your personal information from you LG mobile phone, you just want to do these 3 operations:

1. Erase your contact list - Erase Contacts (this is found in the security menu in settings and tools on your 6100 and 3200. On the 8100 you will have to go one level deeper, into "Phone Setting" and choose "Master Clear")

2. Return phone to factory default settings - Reset Default (also found in security menu. On the 8100 it is called "Master Reset")

3. Remove your MTN (Mobile Telephone Number) information from the phone's memory - this is not possible without editing the NAM info, and that is something nobody should mess with unless they know exactly what they are doing. You can easily break a phone by doing something wrong in the NAM screens. Better just to leave it and hope you sell the phone to someone who does not bear any malicious intent towards you.

answered by Annie | 07-17-2009 at 07:17 PM

Yeah I agree, do everything as described above but try not to mess up with the NAM thing.

answered by Casa | 07-17-2009 at 07:18 PM

i have just perform a reset factory on my LG Gt505 and found out that some of my idle widget such as calender, clock, navigator and notepad was missing after the process. To my surprise that only the four items was missing but the balance are there, Can i know will there be a way to retrieve back??

answered by Francis | 10-18-2009 at 02:14 PM

how to reset factory on LG GT505 francis

answered by Train | 08-12-2010 at 02:45 AM

I think that the code reset is km555 but I'm not sure. Also, try this at your own risk and if something happens to your phone, it's your own fault.

answered by nima | 11-01-2011 at 07:54 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.