Was Walter Collins Ever Found?

I just watched the movie Changeling.
Now I'm wondering if Christine Collins ever found her son Walter Collins.
Was this case ever officially closed? Did Gordon Northcott ever said where the kid was?

asked by June in History | 41802 views | 07-12-2009 at 10:01 PM

No. If he somehow survived, he would be like 80 years old today.
His mother died not knowing his fate. But she never stopped looking.

On October 1930, Northcott started to confess but denied that Walter was among his victims.
Northcott's mother admitted to killing Walter, but she also denied it later on. So we still do not know if he was killed or not.

answered by Suri | 07-12-2009 at 10:07 PM

What a great movie.
Christine Collins never found her son and no one really knows when she herself died.
The location of the remains of Walter Collins is still a mystery and no traces of him were ever found in the Wineville Chicken Coops.
Gordon Northcott was hanged for his crimes on October 2nd, 1930.

answered by Jill | 07-12-2009 at 10:11 PM

No, he was never found.
I think there is a 50/50 chance that Walter Collins was killed by Gordon Northcott or ran away from him and is alive. Since his mother died in 1935 we will probably never know what happened to him.
I loved the movie too.

answered by Hugh | 07-12-2009 at 10:14 PM

what a movie??
I believe that she never found her son. But there is hope that he was alive because one of the boys came home years later and told that they escaped not knowing dead or alive. Gordon Northcott was guilty of the molestation, abuse, and brutal murder of nearly 20 young boys. As well as holding his canadian cousin, 15 year old Sanford. Which was taken to jail as an accomplice to the crime. The boy Arthur posed as Walter Collins to get a free ride from Marion, Iowa to Los Angeles, California which was supported by the L.A.P.D. Later, Christine Collins continued her search. Unfortunately never to see her son again. And Gordon Northcott was sentenced to 2 years in prison and would be given the death penalty of being hung on the day of October 2, 1930. Captain J.J. Jones was permanently removed from his duties as Captain, the Chief of Police was demoted, and the mayor decided not run for re-elect as mayor for the city of Los Angeles. May all those young boys rest in peace and smile on us from heaven.

answered by Nick Jonas | 07-29-2009 at 02:35 PM

was walter found
While i don't know if she found her son but i do know that the LAPD never found his body.

answered by jay09 | 08-22-2009 at 04:40 AM

omg!!!
I really do believe that Walter Collins wasn't murdered by that creep. In real life they said (i have been doing research on this) that Godot Northcott gave C.Collins a telegram that said if you come see me than i will tell u that i killed Walter. When she got there, Gordon told her he didnt know about killing him and if he told her that he did he would go to hell with a lie on his lips!!!!!!! So i believe that Walter (not now however) was still alive!!!!!! but closing and pardon my french SCREW GORDON NORTHCOTTS GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!

answered by ali katz | 10-13-2009 at 10:04 PM

Walter
I saw the movie and if those boys escaped from the ranch and if any of the boys were re-captured by the murderer, then why didn't his cousin tell if any of the boys that escaped were brought back to the ranch?

answered by Guest | 11-05-2009 at 09:36 AM

any DNA evidence & did they search the surrounding area?
In the movie, there were body parts,etc. at the crime scene. Does anyone know if perhaps those remains are still viable for DNA testing?
Also, in the movie, they said there were boys that had escaped, but they also showed that nutcase getting into his car with his gun and going after those boys. Did the police search the surrounding area? Perhaps Northcot shot the boys and left them there. Or maybe he buried them somewhere in the woods.
I think someone should look at this case with fresh eyes. What about using a psychic investigator? I know that sounds off the wall, but you'd be surprised at what some of those people can do.
I feel for Christine Collins...she lived out the rest of her life without knowing what truly happened to her son.

answered by Guest | 11-16-2009 at 07:38 PM

O_O
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wineville_Chicken_Coop_Murders

This should clear up a lot of questions. There were also some facts that were not included in the movie that are cleared up here as well. Hope it helps

answered by Guest | 11-19-2009 at 08:12 PM

do we know if the bones of the bodies were examined to rule him out being there as his dentist prob's had dental records or he seemed to know something about his teeth in the film

answered by Guest | 12-20-2009 at 02:46 AM

They never found Walter
Its so sad, they never found Walter Collins. If he was alive at the time he would have turned himself in in no time at all, he loves his mom why would he hide from the only person who understood him? the person he trusted the most? in fact the only person. I think that A-hole may have killed the young boy and placed his body someplace else.
R.I.P Mother and Son.

answered by Feagaeiai | 01-09-2010 at 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I saw the movie and if those boys escaped from the ranch and if any of the boys were re-captured by the murderer, then why didn't his cousin tell if any of the boys that escaped were brought back to the ranch?
Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I kept expecting them to question him about it. I don't think Christine would have missed out on that.

answered by Guest | 01-10-2010 at 07:42 AM

great movie indeed
those poor and innocent boys... I hope that Northcott ***ker rots in hell with never-ending punishment.

answered by Guest | 01-11-2010 at 08:21 PM

Case closed
It has been settled I've watched the movie and I did some brightness scan on the part where Walter was going to escaped but he helped his friend who's foot was stuck in the fence and when he got his friend out, so I saw every move clearly when the 2 kids got out they followed with the others and Gordon Southcott ( Southcott just an insult to Gordon for killing innocent kids ) was shouting "GODDAMMED!!! KIDS I'm going to get you, you better be prepared because i got a HELL OF A GUN for you and while Walter and his were running there were hiding somewhere in the trees unfortunately there were killed by a gun shoot

answered by Alvin and the Chipmunks | 02-02-2010 at 05:48 AM

What a movie
I do really think Walter Collins could of still been alive, I found the movie was sad, But also happy to!. That doofus capturing children I'm glad he got hung a guy (sick minded), I'm sorry to say this too! but the LAPD was a pretty bad police station well only the one guy.

Anyways that's just my opinion i have way more stuff to add in but w/e

answered by Lex - C - Allan | 02-07-2010 at 11:10 PM

Is anyone %100 certain was Walter Collins ever found
and if so was he ever reunited with his mother

answered by PTBarnum | 04-10-2010 at 04:21 AM

IDK
well sad the killers mom admitted to killing Walter, but denied it later so no one REALLY knows.... that sucks but it was an awesome movie!!

answered by UDONTNOMEHAHA | 05-20-2010 at 04:08 AM

teacher
Just saw the movie Changeling. Absolutely love it and had to watch it twice. I have the same questions that were posted and completely agree with all the comments. I always found that death penalties was not be determined by humans, but I was so glad this bastard was hanged

answered by Nidia Gonzalez | 07-11-2010 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
In the movie, there were body parts,etc. at the crime scene. Does anyone know if perhaps those remains are still viable for DNA testing?
Also, in the movie, they said there were boys that had escaped, but they also showed that nutcase getting into his car with his gun and going after those boys. Did the police search the surrounding area? Perhaps Northcot shot the boys and left them there. Or maybe he buried them somewhere in the woods.
I think someone should look at this case with fresh eyes. What about using a psychic investigator? I know that sounds off the wall, but you'd be surprised at what some of those people can do.
I feel for Christine Collins...she lived out the rest of her life without knowing what truly happened to her son.
i agree with you we could finally find out what happened to Walter Collins I think that we could find out because we have all this new technology

answered by Guest | 07-31-2010 at 02:31 PM

Omg
Lets get one thing out the way THIS WAS THE BEST ******* MOVIE... and Angelina Jolie did a great job in the movie. No one really knows if he dead of alive in the movie Gordon says he didn't kill her son, i looked up and it says Gordon mother or grandmother confessed in killing him but later on changed it. In the movie at the end when the lil boy came out on spoke saying Walter help him escape. So like she said if he help them escape Walter could be out there scared not knowing to come and tell the people. Also when Rev was talking to her he said Walter could be up there waiting for his love one.. So Christine is dead right now she could be up in heaven with her son right now.... Anyways best movie

answered by LadiiBoss | 10-19-2010 at 03:12 AM

walter collins is dead
The Changeling is "based on a true story" it is not "a true story". It is a really good film, but because it is exactly that - a film - its not the whole truth.

answered by Guest | 10-19-2010 at 08:12 PM

Look at this, I do know what if walter collins dead in the forest that animal may eat him somewhere in forest. We don't know where is it mostly. No worry, he will see his mother in the heaven. They would very happy see each other in heaven than hurt feel, depressing, cry, upset, worry, and other. There would be alright, God would take care of them. people need stop worry about walter collins and his mother. I believe they are gone. They are happy in heaven no matter what. (Smile) it is really good story. U guys have a good day. Take care. (Smile)

answered by Kennith Defoor | 10-24-2010 at 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No, he was never found.
I think there is a 50/50 chance that Walter Collins was killed by Gordon Northcott or ran away from him and is alive. Since his mother died in 1935 we will probably never know what happened to him.
I loved the movie too.
Just letting you know that in 1941 she filed a claim again Captain JJ. So she obviously didn't die in 1935. Her death was unknown considering there were over 30 Christine Collins in the death record for the state of California from 1940-1975.

answered by Guest | 07-19-2011 at 01:06 AM

Sad
Its so sad that this sort of stuff happened back then. I hope that sick man pays for his evil. R.I.P to all those children who died because of that guy. If Walter did die I hope he realized his mother NEVER EVER gave up hope. I hope they reunite in heaven. As for that crooked cop, SHAME ON HIM.

answered by Guest | 08-02-2011 at 09:31 PM

May be
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Was this case ever officially closed? Did Gordon Northcott ever said where the kid was?
Me too I watch the film but it seems that in those days there were no one try to understand why this man kill all these kids and if he was in need of a person to understand him cause he try to confess himself with the mother but maybe if there were a moral support he would have told everything (I say maybe). What happened to the little boy who was with G Northcott did he live happily after or he was leave to himself to fight those nightmare he was afforded. Did anyone after try to know what has happen ti Gordon Northcott during his childhood because for me to be a serial killer like him he must have been victim of serious moral or physic attack by a dominant person during his childhood. So what has happen, has happen and now we are here to suppose to make critic on everyone present on that time but if you are a good film watcher just watch that one THE GIRL NEXT DOOR this one too is a real one just watch and leave comment cause me when I watch the film I remain with no comment

answered by litalien76 | 10-13-2011 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
No, she never found Walter, but there is a chance that he could still be alive. The case was officially closed at some point, but I don't know when. Nortchott never said, if he killed Walter or not.

answered by Guest | 11-28-2011 at 07:35 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.