Was Abraham Lincoln Black?

Today in my history class my teacher said that it is believed Abraham Lincoln was half black.
One of the students said it was not true because it's just a historic myth.
Was Abraham Lincoln really black? He doesn't look black to me from the pictures but he could've had a black relative.
If it's true, then Obama is not our first black president after all.

asked by Joe in History | 25035 views | 07-12-2009 at 09:42 PM

Abraham Lincoln was half black according to some historians.
After doing some research, he has been discovered to have had a black father. But it can't really be proved.
Supposedly, Abraham Lincoln's mother was having an affair with a black plantation worker and she somehow tricked her husband into believing that Abraham was the couples child.

answered by Ana | 07-12-2009 at 09:47 PM

There is no historical evidence of any kind to suggest that Lincoln had any black ancestry of any kind.
Everything else is just speculation.

answered by Dean | 07-12-2009 at 09:48 PM

wow!

like my father once told me, there are a lot of stupid people in the world,
after this past election there are over 5 million in the USA alone.

There were actually 5 black presidents with Black ancestry.
check out the link http://www.geocities.com/cureworks1/5blkpres.htm

for you others who voted because Obama is supposedly black...
please go onto ancestry.com and find out for yourself he is actually not
black, but Iraqi.

answered by Guest | 07-13-2009 at 08:26 PM

Your father was right...
...there are a lot of dumb people in the world, including you! The statement that Obama is not black but "Iraqi" is beyond ignorant. "Black" refers to ethnic origin, meaning his ancestry is predominantly African, while "Iraqi" suggests that he is a citizen of the country of Iraq. It draws conclusions based on false premises, because the categories "black" and "iraqi" are not mutually exclusive; it's like saying "Jose can't Latino because he's American."

You're a real, real dumb person.

answered by Dago Mustache | 08-25-2009 at 04:07 PM

Don't hate the player, hate the game. I love it. If Lincoln was half black that makes it all the better. It only means that we have 2 black Presidents instead of one. More for my black folks to love.

answered by Guest | 10-09-2009 at 07:19 PM

IDK
I don't know he doesn't look black, but there is some suspension around his assassination, and the penny. The penny is the darkest American currency and his face is facing the opposite way of the rest of the presidents.... I think the people that killed the president was the same people that started the KKK.

answered by Guest | 05-16-2011 at 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't know he doesn't look black, but there is some suspension around his assassination, and the penny. The penny is the darkest American currency and his face is facing the opposite way of the rest of the presidents.... I think the people that killed the president was the same people that started the KKK.
They could've killed him because they figured out (later on) that he was black!

answered by Guest | 06-13-2011 at 06:40 AM

Careful what you say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago Mustache View Post
You're a real, real dumb person.

Actually to call someone out their name shows the level of your intelligence.
A Smart man realize he doesn't know it all. There is know way to no it all, so learn as you go don't burn bridges and by the way black Is a color like a crayon lol
There is know way any man or women can be a color (Its Party of the matrix)
You have you come from a culture. Do your research.

answered by Guest | 09-30-2011 at 01:43 PM

Abraham lincoln is black
Yes because if you look at the coins the brown one is Abraham and hes facing the right because the whites were turning him down, at least that's what I think.

answered by Guest | 10-21-2011 at 02:28 AM

comment