Why Did Lauren Holly Leave NCIS?

It was a surprise for me, I never imagined Lauren Holly leaving NCIS.
What a great cliffhanger but why is Lauren Holly leaving the show? I don't like that, she's such a good actress I want her to stay.
Is it because she's mad at someone from the cast?

asked by Brown in Celebrity | 63798 views | 07-12-2009 at 05:02 PM

The reason Lauren Holly left NCIS is because she wanted to have enough time to raise her kids.
I think she didn't understand what it means to work on a full time TV show, I mean if you want to be a TV actress then you have to make some sacrifices.

answered by Rob | 07-12-2009 at 05:07 PM

I guess it is because she has kids and she wants to spend more time with them.
Still, the real reason Lauren left NCIS has never been published so who knows.

answered by Mercury | 07-12-2009 at 05:08 PM

It's a mystery. Series insiders said it had been planned for some time, she's a responsible person so I think she put her family before her work.
Well done I guess.

answered by Josh | 07-12-2009 at 05:12 PM

Cancer patient
I am a cancer patient and have learned to recognize certain characteristics of those who may have been or are being treated for cancer. The later shows of NCIS show Jenny Sheppard with hair styles that are often worn by women who have undergone chemotherapy for some type of cancer. It may be no coincidence that Lauren Holly has been very active in promoting fund raisers for breast cancer treatments. I have nothing on which to base this other than my own observations of her physical appearance, and I certainly hope that she is OK. Interesting that she had a mysterious illness on the show that was eventually going to lead to her death, though, isn't it? Lauren, we love you lots and hope all is OK with you and your family. Hang in there, Hon! We miss you, but family, friends and life come first.

answered by Lauren Fan | 07-24-2009 at 08:18 PM

Diversity.

answered by Guest | 03-18-2010 at 03:54 PM

Laren Holly Leaving NCIS??
I have been watching NCIS since it came on the air and continue to be a dedicated fan. I was very disappointed when Lauren Holly's character was killed off. I thought she did a great job with her character and enjoyed watching her perform. I understand family comes first, however, it has never been clearly stated as to why she left the series. Kauren my wife and I wish you the best in whatever your future entails.

Roy & Sharon from Ontario, Canada

answered by GuestRoy | 02-24-2011 at 08:12 PM

Terrible Actress
Her acting is pathetic! Always whispering with intensity. It's no wonder they wrote her off the show!

answered by Guest | 05-28-2011 at 02:24 AM

comment