Cant Connect to Wireless Internet?

I can't connect to my friend's wireless internet. He is my neighbor and he setup an unsecured network for me to connect to.
We tried to make the connection by cable, maybe the settings are probably set on only allowing certain computers to connect to it, and that might be the problem.
How do I configure the wireless router so that I can connect to it?

asked by Guest_ in Internet | 1644 views | 01-09-2010 at 11:21 AM

On your internet browser just click on tools and then internet options. under the connection tab click on the lan settings and just check that the automatically detect settings is ticked.

If that is not why you can't connect to wireless internet turn off the computer. Disconnect router, and modem from power source for 30 seconds.
Power them back on.
Restart computer.

If that doesn't work, bypass router, and connect computer straight to the modem.

If that doesn't work...
Go Start>Run (Start search in Vista), type in:
cmd
Click OK (in Vista, while holding CTRL, and SHIFT, press Enter).

In Command Prompt window, type in following commands, and hit Enter after each one:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Restart computer.

This may sound strange, but is the Xbox next to the computer that is having trouble connecting? It turns out that the Xbox 360 can interfere with nearby wireless networks. To troubleshoot try unplugging the Xbox 360 completely from the wall and then see if things improve.

answered by Kid | 01-10-2010 at 06:32 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.