Can Facebook Track Visitors?

Is there a way Facebook can actually track visitors?
I visited a profile of a person, a cousin of my friend and clicked on his friends list. Then looked some of his pictures.
A day later I received a friend request from this person, is this a coincidence or was he tracking me and found out I was watching his profile?

asked by Ralph in Internet | 97669 views | 07-07-2009 at 08:00 PM

It is just a huge coincidence.
Facebook does not allow any kind of visitor tracking, so there is no way this person knew you were visiting his profile.
Some websites claim they can track people on Facebook but it's not true, they're just trying to sell you something.

answered by Rubber | 07-07-2009 at 08:04 PM

Wait, it is possible.
There's an application for that, I think it's called Stalker or something similar.
It allows you to track other people but the catch is that they need to install the application too in order for you to see them.

answered by Mary | 07-07-2009 at 08:06 PM

websites can see what your IP address was, and what your ISP is and city and country, they can see what pages referred you to their page... what system your computer has (XP Vista Or Mac etc.)
generic data but like for instance when i see a town in Philippines and i know my friend there or in canada the town... i know who it is... by inference.

now the question is can a person use that software to gather statistical information on facebook... on a photography gallery i have i can do that and also another domain that i manage the website. it is just a matter of getting the code onto the page the people visit. the software i use is called " Extreme Tracking" located here:

http://extremetracking.com/

well just my 2 bits

answered by Guest | 08-04-2009 at 09:58 PM

who ever you are.. pls help me track some user in facebook..
he / she is bitchin my friend and he made a false account to do it..
track me down and msg me if you may.. please and thanks

answered by Guest | 09-02-2009 at 09:55 AM

Track facebook vistors
Hey everybody,

I stumbled upon a real working facebook tracker. ProfileStalkers is a facebook tracker that actually shows you who is viewing your profile. With this, you can track facebook visitors, and this is real tracking...unlike the other fake tracker applications. I suggest you check it out.

answered by Roland | 11-16-2009 at 08:04 AM

profile stalkers - not ok
profile stalkers - not ok for use people be careful

answered by Guest | 01-03-2010 at 10:36 AM

If they do come out with something like this make sure it is made by facebook and is run by facebook. If you install and use an application made by someone else then that gives them full access to your account and your details

answered by Guest | 01-09-2010 at 08:09 PM

ProfileStalkers
it works. nonetheless, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about. when you install it some gurus recommend naming the stealth app something innocuous. the honest thing to do is name the app something obvious so the visitor knows they are being tracked and they know you're watching them. Name it something so obvious so that only the truly dishonest will avoid your internet presence like the plague! If you're sneaky about tracking someone then you're just as suspect as the visitor who doesn't want to be tracked.

answered by Guest | 03-15-2010 at 08:36 PM

Unfortunately, profilestalkers seems to be shut down

answered by Guest | 04-03-2010 at 04:51 PM

profilestalkers is a good app for that.

answered by Guest | 04-09-2010 at 02:58 AM

Friend in common
A likely explanation to your problem is that you have a friend in common with the person you visited.

If this is the case you may have come up as a suggestion on his page, this is very common and would explain this "strange coincidence"...

answered by Guest | 07-14-2010 at 02:46 AM

profilestalker
profilestalker app is not safe for sure. its a real life stalker that will ruin your life..lmao be careful everyone!

answered by facebooker | 10-24-2010 at 12:12 AM

Profile staker is spam
There is no way any anyone can track who visited your profile without Facebook giving them access to run the application at their site. So such alleged applications are spam trying to hijack your account. Be careful.

However if you visit someone's open profile, then Facebook will ask you to become his/her friend under the inference that you know her/him and that his/her friend list might contain people you might know. It does not mean that the person who sent you friend request knows you viewed their profile.

answered by Guest | 07-31-2011 at 06:49 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.