Zynga Toolbar Problem: Rockholmi.ru?

I have a problem with my Zynga Toolbar. Somehow it's been replaced by another toolbar named Rockholmi.ru?
This new Rockholmi.ru toolbar just poped up today and I've never seen it on my computer before, it's in a foreign language I think its a Russian toolbar and i think maybe a friend got it there accidentally but I don't know for sure.
I used to have the Zynga toolbar but this took its place.
How do you get rid of the Rockholmi.ru toolbar? I've gone into toolbars menu, also into add-ons and into the control panel but its not listed anywhere so I don't know how to remove it. How do I remove it?

Is it spyware or adware? Is it a Zynga virus?

asked by Laurence in Software | 2805 views | 10-17-2010 at 05:10 PM

I just got it too. It's where my Zynga toolbar was.
The toolbar looks like a black and orange themed bar with the text “rockholmi.ru,” on it.
Even though there hasn’t been any official statement from Zynga, some believe that the new Rockholmi.ru toolbar is the work of hackers.

I uninstalled the Rockholmi.ru toolbar and went back to Zynga and reinstalled from Zynga and this Russian bar still came up.

I think Zynga was hacked by some Russian guy and they're redirecting to their own toolbar.

I had the same problem in Internet Explorer and Firefox.
I hope it's not a serious virus or malware. Hopefully they will have it worked out soon. I am running my antivirus scan just to make sure nothing else has been affected.

answered by Stuart | 10-17-2010 at 05:10 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.