Microphone Not Working in Steam?

Hi all, i have recently purchased a headset with microphone complete to play my steam games, mostly Team Fortress 2.
I put the microphone cables in the correct ports and i can hear the music etc but cannot hear or detect the microphone on the headset, also I launched a game and when use the microphone while playing a game people can't hear me. I say "hey, can anyone hear me?" and I get no answer.
The microphone is working. How do I solve this?

asked by Question in Software | 17387 views | 01-07-2010 at 07:00 PM

This is what you have to do if your microphone is not working while playing steam games.

Go under control panel>Hardware and Sound>Manage Audio Devices

Go to the recording tab, find your hardwear, select it and click properties.

Under advanced tab uncheck the box Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.

If this doesn't work then check your gain on your mic in the steam options. Your mic might have a low gain inside of steam.

answered by Found | 01-07-2010 at 07:52 PM

I have the same problem
I have been using my ps3 eye as my microphone in win7, and it was working great for 3 days in CS:Source, then randomly in the middle of a game it stopped working. It no longer works in steam, my other mics work, and the ps3 eye mic works in ALL other games just not steam. Works on desktop and audio device setting as well, I didn't change anything, it literally just stopped working in steam. I tried allow access to programs etc, neither way works.

answered by Guest | 10-15-2010 at 02:44 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.