My Eyes Are Always Red?

The other day I had to go out in the cold wind -10 with wind chill factor for hour and half.
After that I had an eye irritation in both eyes. Bit blood shot and sore. Don't think I have something in it.
I'm in front of my mac several hours during the day. For some reason my eyes are always red now. And I fell my eyes tired, I have to blink several times to keep them wet because they dry up easily.
I don't like the red color, what medication can I take or apply to my eyes so they look normal again?

asked by Guest_ in Diseases & Conditions | 5349 views | 01-07-2010 at 07:00 PM

Some reasons your eyes can be red are: conjunctivitis, hangover, rubbing your eyes, fever, cold, allergies and pink eye.

The problem could be caused by a medical problem with your eyes or from an allergic reaction.
If you have constant dry eyes, like I do, and they're sometimes red and even blurry, you may have blepharitis. But your doctor will tell you better.

Some tips:
If the problem stems from an allergy, you will need to determine what it is you are allergic to and remove the irritants from your environment. If it is an allergic reaction, you should see some variations in the degree of irritation when you move from one location to another. However, it is possible that you are transporting the allergen on your hands, which would allow you to irritate your eyes after leaving a location where the irritant was present. I have a severe problem with cat dander, which I am extremely allergic to. I have frequently made the mistake of rubbing my eyes after leaving a house where cats are present and before washing my hands.

If the problem is not an allergic reaction, you may have a medical problem with one or both of your eyes. You should consult an optometrist and have an examination to see if you have such a problem. A chronic and untreated problem could present a danger to your sight over the long term.

answered by Robert | 01-07-2010 at 07:45 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.