Apocalypse Island Location?

On the History Channel sunday at 9PM EST, there was an episode that had questioned an island in the middle of the Pacifc Ocean. The island was found by Jim Turner.
Some people, especially those who were able to watch the 2010 movie, are interested to know more about the Apocalypse Island. In the movie, it was stated that the msyterious island is located somewhere in China. And there's something about the mayan civilization.
What is the location of the Apocalypse Island? I mean the exact location.

asked by Guest in Places of the World | 29733 views | 01-04-2010 at 01:42 PM

According to the History Channel in their episode, an island named Apocalypse holds clues relating to the Mayan apocalyptic predictions.
I wish I knew the location of the Apocalypse island.
These predictions are somehow similar to the events that happened in the movie “2012″. If by any chance that the Apocalypse Island indeed holds the clues to these Mayan predictions, where can we find the Apocalypse Island?
Nobody know the exact location but rumors say that the Apocalypse Island is location in the Pacific Ocean. Or china.

If tou missed the show, it will probably be reaired soon.

answered by Tom tom | 01-04-2010 at 01:44 PM

By the shape of the island map it seems that the island is also known as "Robinson Crusoe Island" about 400 miles off the West coast of Chile.

Here is a google maps link to the location;

Apocalypse Island

answered by Guest | 01-30-2010 at 08:00 PM

makes me think why didn't they fly there....... if there's a runway............

answered by Guest | 02-12-2010 at 10:26 PM

well after further research yes the island is off the coast of Chile and the runway and roads that are viable are recent additions for a archeological dig to move and transport equipment and what not to the dig site do to the fact of the changing seasons and accessibility to the island by boat and the island in question is name Robinson Crusoe island but as its said the monolith in question is shrouded in clouds all yea long so no way of seeing it till the pics come out or the island is mapped and photoed

answered by Guest | 03-02-2010 at 10:20 PM

The show was fake
Watch the last scene where theft are descending to mountain. The water in the background isn't moving...

answered by Guest | 03-29-2010 at 04:39 AM

I noticed it too. The people were walking but the waves were stationary. It was a brief scene but it was there. After watching for half an hour I realized the show wasn't going to have any substance because it was all about the journey and nothing about the artifact.

answered by Guest | 03-29-2010 at 07:36 PM

Apocalypse? Try Robinson Crusoe Island!
This is a well known island, renamed Robinson Crusoe Island by Chile to aid in the tourist trade. It has a town of 650, an airport, a ferry service and a road that cuts deep through the island. It is the site of a sunken WW1 German warship popular with scuba divers. Tourists have been crawling all over this island for many years, taking thousands of photos.

Turner could have easily taken a flight or a ferry ride to the island, then hired a ride to a close jump off point for his backpack trip. How he turned it into a two day hike on so small an island is a real accomplishment! Pretending that getting there required a long sea voyage in a small fishing boat, then a wet and rough landing on a tiny sand spit using a row boat is all just too ridiculous.

The monument itself is a volcanic remnant, common all over the world. We have them here in Arizona. Many photos from Robinson Crusoe Island show similar natural formations. Just ancient volcanic activity eroding slowly away. It does no tin any way resemble anything other than a pile of crumbling igneous rock.

The entire film is utter nonsense. It is not a remote, unexplored and uninhabited island. It has been heavily explored, known for centuries and has lots of people living on it.

Then there is the little problem of the Mayan calendar. It does not end in 2012. It does what all calendars do, including shorter cycle Mayan calendars. At the end of a cycle, it starts all over again!

HAPPY NEAR YEAR MAYANS!!!

answered by Guest | 03-30-2010 at 03:11 AM

OK...noticed the water not moving too....but if you fast forward/rewind you will notice it does move...its just so far in the distance it does not look like it!! Good catch though....

answered by Guest | 03-30-2010 at 03:42 PM

What a load of crap this "documentary" was. I liked how they dramatized the ascent of this obviously natural rock formation, showing the lead climber -- from above. If it was such a daring climb, why was there a camera man already on top? Pure garbage. Turner is a true nut case, or a terrible actor, or probably both.

Shame on the History Channel.

answered by Guest | 03-31-2010 at 08:12 AM

Apocalypse outcome.
Hello

I don't really think the world will 'END,' i believe it will simply be resurrected. Also known as 'rebirth.' There is also proof of this on the Mayan calender. It doesn't end. The world will reach a breaking point and/or 'Apocalypse' but wont literally 'end.' There is also more possible proof in the bible. get a bible and read Revelation 20;1 to Revelation 20;15 OK? this may give you an answer.

answered by zelda124 | 05-24-2010 at 10:23 PM

Mayan Monolith Coordinates Are
Explorer Jim Turner found some remote artifacts about ten years ago and since then has been thoroughly studying the artifact. At the same time, the explorer has been making preparations for a journey to find out if the island located in the Pacific Ocean has any clue to the predictions about the end of the time in 2012 by the Mayan Calender.

You can see island and Mayan Monolith on Google Earth at

<coordinates>-78.87016300000001,-33.646707,0</coordinates>

As long as they do not update sat photos with cloud cover again.

Varies on updates.

The Ron

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 06:02 PM

Utter Nonsense!
Such utter nonsense, the History Channel should be ashamed of itself for broadcasting this hogwash.

The island is Juan Fernandez Island. A very well known place with an airport, a town, tourists, a road bisecting the island and scheduled flights and ferry service. Google Earth links to numerous tourist photos from all over the island.

How remote and mysterious is it then? Well, it was the inspiration for the "Robinson Crusoe" novel. It is a popular destination for shipwreck divers as the German battleship "Dresden" sank there. Hundreds of people live there making money off of fishing and the tourist trade. Aircraft and ferries arrive their on regular schedules.

The rock formations the story focuses upon are common to all volcanic regions. You can see similar "monuments" anywhere volcanic remnants are found, all over the world.

The entire presentation is a shameful con job. The journey across the ocean in a small boat instead of simply booking a flight or ferry ride is only the beginning of the foolishness. All they had to do is fly in like any other tourist, hire a ride across the island and get dropped off where they wanted their hike to begin!

James Turner is either a self-deluded fool or a con artist out to make a buck.

answered by Chris | 07-18-2010 at 04:54 PM

The point to the journey is to show the voyage of the Mayans. its an hour spot. if they just went right to the monument they would have run out of time. instead they explained the story and history involved. Then they went over the actual location. you can clearly see the carving in the stone as well its not just a volcanic creation. and the rock climb is a very dangerous climb on that type of rock. Yes your right in saying they did a lot of acting but it is a documentary being broadcasted nationally its not like there going to throw on your movie made on home camera it needs some embellishing. dont be such and a**hole towards someones life work. what have you all done besides sit on your ass and work a 9-5 job with no contribution to society.

answered by Myles | 07-19-2010 at 05:06 PM

Myles,

I'll overlook your misspellings and grammatical gaffs to respond: I've traveled to many archeological sites, from Palenque and Tikal and Chichen Itza to Machu Picchu, Nazca, Sipan, Chan Chan, Ingapirca, Angkor Wat, Abu Simbel, Luxor, the Plains of Bagan, Borobudur and many other places you couldn't point to on a map if I held a gun to your head. If you believe these are monuments, then you’re an ignoramus who has no idea of the formations that can be caused by lava flows. Why don’t you pull your head out of your posterior and do something for society yourself (like jump off a cliff)?

answered by Guest | 08-17-2010 at 06:24 PM

Or you can just go to James Turner's website about the expedition and look at his photos. It shows the location direct from Google Earth. There has got to be a decent explanation of why he took the boat there... maybe cost or what not. It made the show more interesting... Quit dissing his work. We could all be so lucky to go backpacking an island in the South Pacific and make a film about it.

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 05:34 AM

Garbage
What a waste of two hours...History Channel should be ashamed. An insult to my intelligence.

answered by Guest | 08-24-2010 at 04:01 AM

great job
You know...i found it very intriguing.......why not believe in the mans word and obsession about 2012 and where the best location for the eclipses will take place......i like you thought that this man might be out of his mind......but after seeing this show about three times.....i believe that he is right about the location, and what the monument is about......the monument depicting Sun God emerging from a snail shell. The snail shell symbolizes time and has associations with the December solstice.....that is great eye observation. Hopefully modern archeologist & astronomers can see this.

answered by Guest | 08-24-2010 at 05:19 PM

What a load of crap
Watching this show was like getting ripped of at a flea market buying a rare antique that is actually worthless.

There is absolutely no content other than adding astronomical events such as the precession of venus as being visible in that part of the world and making that significant to the mayan calendar. There are all sorts of astronomical events visible in other areas of the world than the Mayan centers, that also have nothing to do with the mayan calendar.

I hate these big long BS journey buzzkill documentaries. They have like 2 minutes of footage you want to see and waste your time with BS.

I should just continue watching the ancient astronaut crap at least I will see more than one set of ruins.

And Whitley Strieber has no credibility outside of alien abduction fiction. He is writing a book now about the secret connections between 2012 and the book of Revelations. Maybe history channel can do a special on that ala...Holy Grail Holy Blood style....

answered by Guest | 08-28-2010 at 02:46 PM

Emperor's New Clothes
There are no photos showing the rock formations are man made because there is no evidence they are man made. This is an “Emperor’s New Clothes” farce, only those who really, really want to see Mayan sculpture in these lumps of rock will see it. Whether you call it a hoax, a scam, a sham, or disinformation, this was a shameful ruse which wasted two hours for thousands of people.

Never mind that Robinson Crusoe Island is not in the middle of the Pacific but in the far southeast corner, is not uninhabited, is not inaccessible, but is well traveled with tourist trails over the island, including one that goes to the immediate vicinity of the rocks and a campsite with permanent buildings there. It is 3500 miles from Guatemala and the Mayans. Iberia to the Bahamas (the voyage of Columbus) is only 4000. So the Mayans sent hundreds of workmen 3500 miles in canoes to work for years to create sculpture which would not be seen for hundreds of years. How would they know of the existence of the Juan Fernandez Islands? Told by Polynesians
from Easter Island? Or by the Ancient Aliens of Erich von Däniken?

Then what about that two sided figure, a snail viewed from the south and a jaguar viewed from the north. There are such two sided sculptures in the world, Margaretta and Mephistopheles in the Salar Jung museum are very impressive.

http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/andhra/sjung.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salar_Jung_Museum

But I do not think the Mayans or other natives of Mesoamerica ever carved such. Then the jaguar seems to have collapsed, it no longer has the space under its chin or between its front and back legs.
But the snail’s back does not have corresponding collapses.

There is nothing whatsoever in either the program or Turner's website to make me think either that those rock outcroppings are man-made or that any Native Americans reached these islands before Juan Fernandez discovered them. Even Jeff Salz, who accompanied Turner, does not defend the Mayan origin of the rock formations. In his response of January 14, he states "all I can say is that at no point and at no place on/near the “monument” was I able to detect any historical presence of humans."

http://jeffsalz.wordpress.com/2009/11/14/156/#comments

Archeologists say there were no humans on these islands before the Spanish discovery.

http://palaeoworks.anu.edu.au/pubs/Andersonetal02.pdf

answered by Harriet | 09-06-2010 at 04:39 PM

wars
It would be nice if the Mayans could come back and end the Mexican drug wars.

answered by Guest | 11-01-2010 at 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What a load of crap this "documentary" was. I liked how they dramatized the ascent of this obviously natural rock formation, showing the lead climber -- from above. If it was such a daring climb, why was there a camera man already on top? Pure garbage. Turner is a true nut case, or a terrible actor, or probably both.

Shame on the History Channel.
Ha! We were just laughing about that too! What a JOKE!

answered by Guest | 11-18-2010 at 03:40 AM

There's an island in the same chain to the west called Isla Alejandro Selkirk. Just pull it up in google earth and find the photo Tres torres. Guess what, more vertical monoliths. Which makes me think these are just naturally occurring.

answered by Guest | 11-18-2010 at 04:51 AM

I Agree
I agree with most of you, John Turner is a complete fool and the show was a waste of my time. I feel like America is obsessed with the idea the world will end. America needs to pull it head out of it ass and see reality. Josh Turner does not deserve a show on the history channel. I was very convinced about 2012 from all shows on TV but now I've done my research i feel the Mayans were as crazy as john turner. TV is brain washing ignorant Americans.

answered by Guest | 11-18-2010 at 07:12 AM

Farce
My grandson liked the animations. Since it was off the coast of Chile, I suspected it was Juan Fernandez or San Felix. That's how I found this site.

Darned history channel. Puts out more fiction these days than fact. You have to be careful with what they purport as a documentary. I have tried to contact them in the past with mistakes, but I have given up.

Heck it is TV entertainment. A venue to sell advertising.

More bunk. You can't see the total solar eclipse of 2012 from there. You might catch a sunset glimpse of the Venus transit start.

answered by Guest | 11-18-2010 at 12:25 PM

To all of you ranting on about how much this documentary sucked: why did you sit there for the whole two hour presentation if it was such garbage? For the amount of **** you talk its more then evident you immensely lack the ability, much less common sense to change the channel.

Further more, I look forward to all of you ignorant cockmonglers dying within the next two years.

The whole concept was directed at expansion of knowledge- you're probably the kind of wankers that sits there and preaches about how advanced modern civilization is when in all actuality it's been downgraded to nothing more then a bunch of pathetic 30 year olds sitting in their mothers basements jacking off and bitching on the internet about the television.
Go humanity.

answered by God. | 11-27-2010 at 08:08 AM

This whole thing over 2012 being the end of time is a bunch of hooey !! The Mayans couldn't even predict their own end.

answered by Guest | 01-26-2011 at 07:55 PM

Mayan college boy
I happen to have a Mayan friend from Merida, Mexico who is a marine biologist by profession.
I asked him what he thought about the credibility of Mayan predictions for the end of the world in 2012.
He said, "Why would the Mayan predictions be any more accurate then the hundreds of predictions by Anglo nut cases?"

Geez, ya send a Mayan to college and they're no fun anymore.
Well said, Javier.

Steve

answered by Guest | 02-05-2011 at 06:25 AM

Beautiful Island, Garbage Science
Like most of you previous posters, I thought this whole thing smelled like a con job. At one point they talk about climbing over rough terrain, then they are filmed walking up an obviously well-used path. I have no training in geology or archaeology (not even sure I spelled it right!), but nothing I saw on Jim Turner's "monument" looked man made. It looked like so many other volcanic "plugs" I've seen pictures of.

Beautiful scenery, though. I'd love to go there.

answered by Guest | 06-10-2011 at 02:17 PM

The island is not in the path of totality
This is a great place to see a partial eclipse, but the path of totality is several hundred miles north. As an avid eclipse chaser, the difference between a partial and total solar eclipse is analogous to seeing a fireworks display in late afternoon vs at night. This show is nothing more than blatant misinformation and agreed that the monument is nothing more than eroded natural rock.

answered by Guest | 07-11-2011 at 07:03 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.