Star: Story Of The Christmas Star?

What the star on the Christmas tree stand for?
Since I was a little kid my dad always placed the christmas star on top of the christmas tree, it had a light on it. I always wondered what was the meaning of the star and the story behind it.
What is the story of the christmas star?

asked by Jumper in Holidays | 2372 views | 12-19-2009 at 03:53 AM

The story of the star is on the bible.

One of the most important and famous symbols of Christmas is the Christmas Star. The Star of Christmas has been part of human imagination for the past 2000 years. You can find this star atop Christmas trees, cards, cribs and in homes and streets during the Christmas season. The star is not only an ornament but is also a symbol of hope and happiness. As you decorate your homes and trees, think about the sparkling star which led the magi to baby Jesus. In the Bible, the Gospel of Matthew tells us about the Christmas Star and the birth of Jesus.

The star is also known as the Star of Bethlehem. Jesus was born during King Herodís rule in the region of Judea. According to Christian tradition, it led the Three Wise Men also known as the Magi and the Three Kings to Bethlehem, to the birthplace of Jesus. The magi were men from the east and came to worship Christ, the King of the Jews. The names of the Three Wise Men have been traditionally fixed as Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar.

After Jesusí birth, the Magi followed the Christmas Star from the east to Jerusalem.

answered by Julia | 12-19-2009 at 03:56 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.