Tina Knowles Ethnicity?

What is the Ethnicity of Tina Knowles?
If you don't know who Tina Knowles is, she's the mother of beyonce knowles.
Is she white? african american? What's her ethnicity?

asked by Hagrid in Music | 55135 views | 12-18-2009 at 07:09 PM

Technically Beyonce' is a MGM (Multi-Generational Mixed) person. She can call herself whatever she chooses really. But in the eyes of most, she is black. Her mother Tina Knowles's ethnicity is French and Black and her father is black.

Beyonce's maternal grandparents were both Louisianacreoles so her mother Tina Knowles was one as well.

Her mother Tina gave her the name because the Beyince name was dying out but her grandfather Lumis Beyince was not impressed because he said it was a surname and predicted Beyonce would be annoyed a it as she grew up.

Even if Beyonce has all of these mixed up races within her, she is still considered to be black. Look at her father.In white peoples eyes if she is fathered by a black man her race is black, no exceptions.

answered by Callie | 12-18-2009 at 07:14 PM

Stop thinking black or white...
Listen to you in (white people eyes) listen to you.. I think in anybody's eyes beyonce does look mix of course but she represent as a black female regardless ( who has comes from a mixed background) still thinking with a slave mind.. she is black and has other mix background within her because of her mothers bloodline. Who really cares thou shes beautiful and health that's all that really matters. You probably never meant for your comment to sound the way it did. But if your making comments like that you shouldn't be. We are in 2010 take your mind away from thinking black and white and just think in general. There is no need to keep thinking in that way because you are the only person holding yourself back and due to the comment you made about (in white peoples eyes) it has come across like you haven't really learned much about anything that this world has offered you regard race.

answered by BlkChyneIndnJew | 02-25-2010 at 02:50 PM

TO CALLIE
"Look at her father.In white peoples eyes if she is fathered by a black man her race is black, no exceptions."

What kind of stupid, ignorant nonsense are you babbling about? Please stop embarrassing yourself and shut up.

I am white, Chinese and Philippine. My husband is black. My son is mixed. Just because his father is black does not make him black. This is 2010... MOST people are open minded and multi-racial children are becoming the norm. So you need to drop your ignorant mind frame, do some soul searching and get real.

answered by Guest | 10-23-2010 at 05:26 AM

I don't know why you people are attacking the person that left the comment " Her father is black so she is considered black" Just for your information, IN THIS COUNTRY if you are mixed you are automatically considered the minority. That is not ignorance it is the TRUTH. Obama is half white and black but since his father is black is is considered African American. If a white man has a child with black woman the child is considered black, and vice-versa. Point.Blank. No racism involved. I am Hispanic and my boyfriend his half white/half black. His features are those of a black man but he has green eyes, blond hair and fair skin. He is considered AFRICAN AMERICAN. Some of you people need to pick up a book and read.

answered by Guest | 12-22-2010 at 02:23 PM

I really don't care whether she is Black or White or a hybrid... All I know is Beyonce is Superb with her work and looks terrific Period.

answered by Guest | 12-25-2010 at 02:46 PM

Beyonce looks like a human being to me. I'm sure she is pink on the inside like the rest of us. Why is race such a big deal? skin color is too big of a deal in this day and age.

answered by Guest | 01-05-2011 at 10:12 AM

Well no one's racist I think they're just curious. I'm mixed and I don't know why I get curious about people's background. People mistake me for Brazilian Argentinian when I'm really a bit of everything, people get curious and usually its not a negative thing its positive, they just wanna know because they see a unique exotic or interesting look and just have to know, at least that's how i feel : ) or people feel when they see me.

answered by Guest | 01-26-2011 at 04:25 PM

the truth
I'm sick and tired of the mentality that you people have when it comes to race...if you are multiracial...quit pigeon holding them into "one" plain race because that is not the truth...no matter what you consider them. That's just like calling a trans female a female just because HE considers himself to be a female, but he is really a MAN. So if people are mixed that's exactly what they are considered MIXED, if you consider it or not. Get over it...it's the truth and the truth is undeniable.

answered by asher | 05-23-2011 at 04:49 AM

The bottom line is Beyonce is not black. Beyonce is not white. She is mixed. That goes for anyone who is mixed with any race. You cannot just label someone a certain race if they are mixed. You have to acknowledge both sides. Obama is not black, he's mixed. Mariah Carey is not black, she's mixed. Halle Berry is not black, she's mixed. Alicia Keys is not black, she's mixed. I could go on and on and on but you get the point. Tina Knowles is obviously mixed. She basically could pass for a white woman. So why are people calling her black?

answered by Guest | 06-02-2011 at 11:06 PM

pigs
All this **** talks going about multi-racial people as minorities, is high time everyone recognize the fact that no matter how good the white person is, deep down they discriminate and they will ever remain like that. If a black man or other races commit the same type of crime a white person commits, the white person will always be treated differently in court and also white people will react with abusive words if another races commit that same crime. This is coming from me, and I am a white person saying this.

answered by Phil mackson | 06-13-2011 at 01:16 PM

To set the record straight! I myself have an creole/Indian/french/Irish/black background, because of my dad's grandmother who was full creole, very fair skinned with blond curly hair! We are fair skinned black people! Beyonce's dad also has other cultures in his bloodied too, as most black people in the U.S. Beyonce adds a bunch of color, wigs, and perms to enhance her European look! So, don't get us twisted!

answered by Guest | 11-01-2011 at 12:20 PM

comment