Is George Stephanopoulos Married?

George Stephanopoulos will inherit Diane Sawyer’s seat on “Good Morning America.”
What do you think of George Stephanopoulos as the choice for the new anchor on GMA? Is he married?
I like the guy but he seem a little too serious sometimes.
Also why wouldn't they just offer the co-anchor seat to Chris Cuomo in the first place? He is terrific on the show and he is there already.
Anyway is George Stephanopoulos married? Who is George Stephanopoulos's wife?

asked by Glee_ in Television | 2465 views | 12-11-2009 at 03:16 PM

Yes, George Stephanopoulos is married.

Stephanopoulos and his wife, Alexandra Wentworth, live in Washington, D.C., with their two daughters. He was briefly engaged to Jennifer Grey, star of Dirty Dancing.

Stephanopoulos told the Washington Post that it was a "terribly hard" decision to accept the gma job because he didn't want to leave Washington.

"Ali and I and the girls love Washington," he said, referring to his wife, Ali Wentworth, and their daughters, Elliott and Harper. "That's what made it so difficult. . . . To have to leave Washington and eventually give up 'This Week' was terribly hard for me."

Along with a number of other notable Greek Americans, George Stephanopoulos is a founding member of The Next Generation Initiative, a leadership program aimed at getting students involved in public affairs.

answered by Kade | 12-11-2009 at 03:19 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.