Facebook Not Working On iPhone?

When I access the facebook application on the iphone it starts but exits 2 seconds later. It's not working on the iphone. I tried to access facebook from my computer and it works just fine so the problem is with the iphone mobie phone.
We all know that things go wrong from time to time in facebook and we are not blaming anyone but merely wanting to get to the bottom of the iphone issue as it is a pain in the backside.

Anyone got the same problem?
What is the solution?

asked by Adriana in Internet | 7856 views | 12-11-2009 at 12:48 AM

There is a known facebook bug on the iphone that impacts iPhone applications that use Facebook Connect. The UID overflow bug could affect about 10 percent, or 25 million, Facebook users. The fix is pretty simple. The company has shared a way to patch it on its blog.

“The overflow appears to have occurred a few months back, and Facebook’s amazing growth has resulted in anyone who signed up after June being touched by the bug,” according to LuckyCal’s blog. “The impact is that no Facebook Connect-ed iPhone applications will work for those users.”

Its the million dollar question... Broken for a lot of people it seems and can't figure out why.

I have exactly the same problem, the one person I chat with all the time has disappeared from the chat box and says she is offline, and I am speaking to her on the phone and she is online. It is driving me crazy! I have removed FB from my iPhone, but still cannot see her online on my laptop. I am at a complete loss as to where to go now.

answered by Loren | 12-11-2009 at 12:53 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.