Is Jonathan Groff Straight?

I've heard a lot of rumors, and a lot of people's opinions, but does anyone ACTUALLY know if Jonathan Groff from Spring Awakening is straight? Does he like men?
He's going to be on Glee this season, he's very handsome but his way of talking sometimes makes me suspicious he's not straight. Is he?

asked by Brittany in Controversy | 9888 views | 12-10-2009 at 12:18 AM

Jonathan Groff never said he he's straight or not.
I don't believe he's ever come out one way or another with it. In interviews during the Tony Awards and Spring Awakening, he talked about his conservative upbringing. He also, when asked about a relationship with his costar, stated that she had a boyfriend (but didn't say anything about himself). In my opinion, he's not straight.
And when asked about dating, stated he was so busy he didn't have time.

Maybe he's not straight, we'll find out soon.

answered by Marshall | 12-10-2009 at 12:20 AM

does it matter?
jonathan groff is an amazing performer! if he's on glee how does that make him gay? There is one gay person on that show and he kicks ass!!! In todays society we are judging people before we even get to know them!!!!! I SAY PEOPLE GET OVER YOURSLEF THEY'RE PEOPLE TOO!!!!! I <3 JONATHAN GROFF!

answered by musiclover_11 | 12-18-2009 at 07:23 AM

Jonathan Groff
So yeah Jonathan Groff is a really great performer!!! And even if he is he is still very nice to look at! You can't not deny that he is y!!!!!!

answered by Guest | 04-16-2010 at 12:55 AM

yes Jonathan is gay. he's dating one of his costars Gavin creel. Jonathan is an amazing, hot, young actor and will go far in his career.

answered by Guest | 04-21-2010 at 05:43 AM

rele
i love Jon and I'm not against gay people but i was just surprised to hear that. i saw hair on Broadway (with Gavin Creel) and he was amazing! i already knew he was gay though...i love Jonathan Groff and he is a great performer and its cool to see him every Tuesday @ 9/8 central on FOX in "Glee" so watch his beautiful voice...and face!!!!!♥♥♥

answered by Guest | 04-22-2010 at 08:58 PM

Jonathan Groff is amazing and G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S, I actually love him. He is an amazing performer and HE IS IN GLEE. It does NOT matter whether he likes men or women. He can bloody SING!!!

answered by Guest | 04-29-2010 at 06:25 PM

?
i think some people may have wanted to know his orientation not to be mean but because lets face it not only is he amazingly talented but he is hot! and i just wish he was bi so that we all could be happy because being a girl i just wanted to know if i had a chance with him, it is a sad day knowing that i dont but oh well i still love him as an actor and singer so its all good

answered by Guest | 05-05-2010 at 03:11 AM

I don't know if he's gay or not but i heard a rumor that he was in a relationship with gavin creel. But no matter what i <3 JONATHAN GROFF

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 02:25 PM

I don't see it..
Everyone says how obvious it is that he's gay, but i don't see it. He plays a convincing straight guy in Glee and until he actually admits to anything, people should stop making assumptions about him. Personally I really hope he's not gay because he is gorgeous <3 and has a to die for voice. Everybody said Matthew Morrison was gay when he was younger, but he's straight. People are only saying this because he sings and dances and was in Broadway, which proves how stereotypical everyone is.

answered by Jess | 05-18-2010 at 07:56 PM

Jess, he came out months ago. "Tony-nominated Spring Awakening heartthrob Jonathan Groff, reunited with the cast of Hair, took the day's opportunity to tell Broadway.com he is gay and proud." http://www.broadway.com/shows/hair/buzz/137273/let-the-sun-shine-hair-and-broadway-make-history-at-the-national-equality-march/

Broadway.com is an official website, they won't say it until someone tells them to. He's been in the news about being out, if he wasn't I think he would have cleared it up by now. It's not exactly been getting him good press. http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0002972.html

answered by Jordan | 05-28-2010 at 01:47 AM

Oh come on people so what if he's gay, we all should have nothing against gays. I'm not one because I'm a girl and he is smoking but really so what?
I think discrimination against anybody is terrible, I was bullied for 4 years by the same dude and then 2 by another. And another is still going on and it has been for 1.6 years, I think it's plain wrong to bully somebody and to all those people who are saying things about him, karma is real, I had a really bad class last year and this year I have a good class.

answered by Guest | 08-04-2011 at 08:15 PM

comment