All The President's Men Was About Which President?

For anyone who has seen the movie All the President's Men? I am supposed to explain the role of reporting in the movie, which I know sounds like it should be easy, but it sounds so vague to me.
I mainly want to know, the movie All The President's Men was about which president?
Do you think the movie was an accurate portrayal of journalism and an accurate retelling of what happened?

asked by Vertigo in Movies | 2069 views | 12-01-2009 at 02:29 AM

All the President's Men (1976)
Starring Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford
The story chronicles the Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporting of Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein from the Woodwards' initial report on the Watergate break-in through the resignations of H. R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman, and the revelation of the Nixon tapes by Alexander Butterfield in 1973. It relates the events behind the major stories the duo wrote for the Post, naming some sources who had previously refused to be identified for their initial articles, notably Hugh Sloan. It also gives detailed accounts of Woodward's secret meetings with his source Deep Throat whose identity was kept secret for over 30 years. Only in 2005 was Deep Throat revealed to be former FBI Associate Director W. Mark Felt.

answered by Patrick | 12-01-2009 at 02:31 AM

All the President's Men is a 1974 non-fiction book by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward, two of the journalists investigating the first Watergate break-in and ensuing scandal for The Washington Post. The book chronicles the investigative reporting of Woodward and Bernstein from Woodward's initial report on the Watergate break-in through the resignations of H. R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman, and the revelation of the Nixon tapes by Alexander Butterfield in 1973. It relates the events behind the major stories the duo wrote for the Post, naming some sources who had previously refused to be identified for their initial articles, notably Hugh Sloan.

answered by Patrick | 12-01-2009 at 02:31 AM

comment