Motorola Droid Price?

I watched a spot tonight that sounded like the iPhone ad but it was the Motorola Droid Does Phone.
In the ad the phone reels off a number of things that the iPhone can't do, and then abruptly goes into full-on tease mode by flashing glimpses of a robot-controlled future and a tagline that simply states: "Droid Does." No shots of the actual Motorola Droid (or Sholes, as it was known in the past) are shown.
When is the phone going to be released and what's the price going to be?

asked by Master in Mobile Phones | 19311 views | 10-18-2009 at 09:30 PM

About time, I love my iPhone but it was a close call between Android and the iPhone.

My next phone unless the iPhone majorly is changed will be an android phone.
Nothing has been said about the price or the release date yet, they're just letting us know the Droid Does is comming.

answered by Left | 10-18-2009 at 09:33 PM

This is the Motorola Droid Price: US 499.00

answered by Guest | 10-19-2009 at 09:11 AM

The Droid looks like a really nice Phone but the price is still unknown. Nobody know how much is going to cost so don't post fake prices.
Motorola makes a great phone once again.

answered by Guest | 10-19-2009 at 05:20 PM

The Droid price will be most likely around $500-600 retail.
Of course, I'm sure Verizon will subsidize the phone for new subscribers and "new every two" upgrade options.
At this time, Verizon will typically subsidize about $200 off the retail price of a phone, so, in theory, a new subscriber/upgrade customer should be able to get the droid for around $300-400.

answered by Guest | 10-19-2009 at 08:18 PM

If you look at the pricing of the HTC Touch Pro2, Verizon is selling it at $150 below the subsidized price of the competitors. So I guess it depends on how you want to promote the phone. I wouldnt expect it to be more than $250.

answered by Guest | 10-20-2009 at 12:22 AM

Proce
It is actually going to be 199 same as the iphone for a 2 year contract

answered by Guest | 10-21-2009 at 02:47 AM

I upgraded with verizon in July and got a free lg dare but It def doesn't approach the iPhone. Now this of course comes out at a $600 retail tag and I'm stuck with this inferior phone. My plan is to explain to verizon I want the droid but it would be cheaper to pay early termination and price of a 2 yr iPhone plan and see if they call my bluff. Hopefully they will break

answered by Guest | 11-02-2009 at 05:21 AM

Droid Price
I went in to Verizon and Im not eligible for an upgrade till Jan. So I have to wait or pay $750.00 for the phone a bit steeper than the 600.00 I see on here

answered by Guest | 11-16-2009 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I upgraded with verizon in July and got a free lg dare but It def doesn't approach the iPhone. Now this of course comes out at a $600 retail tag and I'm stuck with this inferior phone. My plan is to explain to verizon I want the droid but it would be cheaper to pay early termination and price of a 2 yr iPhone plan and see if they call my bluff. Hopefully they will break
OHHHH! Good idea!

answered by Guest | 11-26-2009 at 01:50 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.