Is Selena Gomez a Christian?

What religion is Selena Gomez?
I think she is a Christian but I don't know for sure. Could you help me? I couldn't find anything about her religion.
I had a look at her profile and she says she wears a purity ring.
Also if she is, what type of Christianity? And if you think she is a Christian how do you know for sure?

asked by Kyra in Celebrity | 54866 views | 11-27-2009 at 03:24 AM

Selena Gomez is definitely a Christian. I am her fan and here is what I read about her religion:

1. In an October issue of J-14 magazine, she stated: "I am proud to be a Christian. God has made me who I am today. I am thankful for what he has given me and that he gave me the strength to carry on."

2. On her official myspace account, under her 'Influences' it is stated: My mom, God.

3. She proudly displays wearing a purity ring on several occasions, one of them being the youtube videos she makes with her friend Demi Lovato. It says," True Love Waits"

answered by Milena | 11-27-2009 at 03:26 AM

Yes she's a Christian. That's why I love her. I don't think she's interesten in any specific branch of christianity. I just think she's normal straight foward Christian.

answered by Cora | 11-27-2009 at 03:28 AM

I am not sure. Does it really matter I mean come on she is a great actor isn't she?
I don't care if she's a christian or an atheist, I love her for who she is.

answered by Jazmine | 11-27-2009 at 03:29 AM

You know what, Selena Gomez is a fake just like Micheal Jackson. She cares nothing about her fans. If you think she does, then you are the stupidest person in the world.

Okay, lets say you are as rich as her, you have that amount of money, and the same occupation. Honestly, use your heads you dimwits. Nobody would care about their fans. Talking to them is like convincing them to watch her show and buy her music for more money.

She probably doesn't even remember any fan she has ever met because they are the suckers that buy and watch her stuff. You guys also think she is a christian. If she was a christian, she would never ever be an idol! If you crackers ever read the Bible, it clearly states that you are not to have any gods before me. That girl is an idol. Would you rather sit there and watch Wizards of Waverly Place or go to church and listen to a sermon. 95% percent of you would definitely want to watch it.

She is not a christian. In a relationship, a christian knows boundaries, a christian knows that you don't date a gazzilion guys and break up with them. In conclusion, she is a bad example for kids, all she, or ANY OTHER ACTOR care about is the money. Come on, she may be nice to you, but which celebrity wouldn't be like that? She only cares about fans because the more she has, the more she is financially stable.

FYI, television is like a dark hole... It sucks you in. She helps that happen. There is no actor who is christian. The job of an idol is not a job for God. She probably goes to church once a year. By the way faith by itself doesn't save a soul (if you read your Bible). It is your actions of faith and proof to God that matter. Going to church 100 times a week won't save you if you have no faith. To be a christian you must have faith and go to church on Sundays. You must have a duty for God. Selena doesn't. She is just like the rest of the actors in this world. Famous, but not for God.

People like Kent Hovind who is in jail that sits there simply because he is a christian and he preaches the truth.

If Selena was a christian, she would be in church praising the lord with that voice of hers. For some reason, she hasn't made one song about the good Lord Jesus Christ.

Open your eyes people!

I don't mean to judge her. I don't really know her and I don't know this for sure, but you people are unbearable. This is what all actors are like. This propaganda is exactly what turns people away from Christ.

answered by MoNsTeRs | 01-08-2010 at 04:36 AM

At MoNsTeRs
sure some of what you said is true, showing your faith in God is the most important thing. But we're also told not to judge, and that's what you're doing right now. Many actors, especially with disney aren't allowed to write songs about their faith and sing them for disney. That doesn't mean they don't love God. They could have a different CD out for all you now. If you know all these actors that call themselves "Christians" then that's one thing. But if you're just saying all this trash about them, that's another thing.

answered by Guest | 01-29-2010 at 01:42 PM

What the heck she doesn't hate a gazillion guys what are you talking about? i heard her say she's only had a few boyfriends, and that's way below average for even a christian her age
how judgemental, and you call yourself a christian, maybe you are but judging others is clearly wrong. I bet you're just purely jealous of her.

answered by Guest | 02-07-2010 at 10:01 PM

yea
i totally agree with the person above me (unless someone else wrote before i did) just because she can't sing songs bout God doesn't mean she isn't a christian. i personally am one and i don't always talk about God 24/7. but i can get full of the holy spirit when I'm focusing at church. so just cause she doesn't talk bout god 24/7 doesn't mean she ain't a Christian!!!

answered by Guest | 02-08-2010 at 11:00 PM

i agree with monter's says, but only half. the other guests are right

answered by Guest | 02-21-2010 at 02:02 PM

First of all, I second everything stated above. I am a proud Christian myself, and I'm so sick of the hypocrisy that floats through churches everywhere. You have no right to judge Selena, or anyone. You don't know her from Adam, so please do yourself a favor and quiet yourself.

John 8.7 : But when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

The church isn't for perfect people, firstly, if you recall Jesus was friends to tax collectors and prostitutes; don't put the hollywood label on her. I pray for her every day because I don't want her to fall into that trap. Lastly, Even if she was a quote, "fake" then you should be praying for her not reprimanding her like you've got it all sorted out. I believe Jesus said in Matthew 5:44, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you".

Read your bible before you go spreading slander like that. Take the plank out of your eye before you go pointing out the speck in hers.

answered by Guest | 02-24-2010 at 03:47 AM

monster shut up if you don't like her don't post anything then i'm a catholic and I think Selena's great. And if your a christian you should know if you got nothing nice to say don't say it. You Selena hater!

answered by Guest | 02-26-2010 at 02:12 PM

I agree with the other guests don't judge people by their covers. Some of whatever Monster said was true but true Christians [ and I'm not saying you aren't ] should not call people they don't know dimwits and stupid because that is hurtful and called cyber bullying.

answered by Guest | 03-06-2010 at 07:58 AM

I totally agree with what the first person wrote. Mostly what they said is ABSOLUTELY true. The bible talks about how your actions should be based on God's wants. Many celebrities tend to get lost in their own world that they forget that. But I also don't think Selena Gomez should be bad-talked like that either. Don't forget that God lies WITHIN everyone, so when you judge someone, you're judging God. just a thought.

answered by Guest | 03-23-2010 at 10:27 PM

she is amazing but is she christian?
Selena may be a christian but does it matter if her religion isn't ours?
no it doesn't so all of you saying it does you are racist for religion (whatever that is called)
SELENA IS AMAZING AND MY ROLE MODEL ! I LOVE HER <3

answered by Guest | 04-15-2010 at 09:56 AM

123
i hate Christians and Christ because there were no Christians in India. Because of the Britishers spreading our Hindu Muslims India have gone bad

answered by joil khan | 04-16-2010 at 12:20 PM

I LOVE SELENA
indiana jones shut up wat u know about selena i mean just because ur hindi and big term nerds
christianity is great that's why selena is so famous & rich and ur so dumb & poor
i love indians but u guys spoil its name

answered by Guest | 04-18-2010 at 10:17 AM

rethink your thoughts
joil kahn, you need to rethink your thoughts. the only reason you are not burning in Hell right now is because Jesus died on the cross for you. I pray that you will change your thoughts, he blesses you everyday with life and you go and say that you hate him. I'll pray for you.

answered by Guest | 04-18-2010 at 11:40 PM

selena gomez
yeah she is

answered by Guest | 04-19-2010 at 11:13 PM

selena gomez is the best
Well i think Selena Gomez is a Christian because of the way she acts & treats her fans. I also think Selena is a nice, kind, Beautiful, loving girl. Personally i love Selena Gomez because she really Cool & she has a nice voice.

answered by Mikey | 04-25-2010 at 10:21 PM

i need to say as one of her fans that selena remembered my name
this is to the monstors

answered by christin | 05-04-2010 at 03:07 PM

you guys have no right to be judging selena in the bible it says so that you should not judge a person
i am a christian and i don't talk 24/7 about the lord either but he is in my mind
so would you guys stop questioning her and ''sweep your own doorstep first''

answered by friend | 05-05-2010 at 03:10 PM

i really dont think that u should worry about it, its her life and not yours so.. why do u people worry about Selena i love her but i want let myself in her personally stuff, i love her she is nice and can sing BEAUTIFUL........

and u people stop worrying about her, if she would want u 2 know I'm sure she'd tell u so" First Wipe your own door steps"

answered by Guest | 05-07-2010 at 06:50 PM

dont worry about her
all i know don't worry about her, she has her own life and own things she wants you to know so i really dont want to know, and i still like her if she'd want you to know she would surely tell you
so you people don't worry please listen to me
you don't worry i know i've told you many times but i want to know if you listened i just hope you do

answered by Guest | 05-07-2010 at 07:41 PM

yes she is.
OF COURSE I AM. why wouldn't I

answered by selena gomez | 05-07-2010 at 11:27 PM

you guys should just all stop if shes a christian shes a christian if she isn't she isn't its her life i have one of her cds and it does have a paragraph all about God but if you look on others they say the same thing bu the best way to tell if they are o not is by there actions and she is a very nice person so just let her live her life..

answered by Guest | 05-18-2010 at 12:27 AM

I have a question is Selena catholic or pentecostal or what is she

answered by Jessica interiano | 05-31-2010 at 03:38 AM

End of Subject
Most of your comments are right, but if she is a true follower of Christ then leave it at that. I mean come on people she is just one woman who have people who absolutely hate her and some who absolutely adore her. So if she is a Christian-it's end of subject.

answered by Guest | 06-02-2010 at 10:33 PM

god knows all within man
monster i totally disagree with you and your bratty mouth half of it is true but most of it not. if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. you know what monster i dont think your a christian at all and i know that selena gomez is because she used to sing in day star christian television when she was a little girl just like miley cyrus!

answered by crissypoo32 | 06-07-2010 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica interiano View Post
I have a question is Selena catholic or pentecostal or what is she
She's half Italian, so she's probably Catholic.

answered by Guest | 06-14-2010 at 07:11 AM

religion
ok people who gives a **** about religion you can believe what you want about god and monsters i think your dumb ass simply because you were saying some of the stupidest **** first of all you dont know Selena Gomez not every actor is exactly the way you describe your just jealous because she's rich and your a spoiled little bastard we dont know if Selena is a christian or not if so you'd have to contact and ask her some how whatever works and second of all Michael Jackson is dead so show some grief for the guy so he was a child molesting psycho noone is perfect its just the way they are which is why your a stupid ******* who judges people when you dont even ****** know them so think about that you piece of ****

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 04:06 AM

Yes she is a Christian.

1) She and Demi both confirmed on one of their YouTube videos that they do, it says "True Love Waits". Selena wears a ring and Demi wears it as a necklace.

2) She and Demi always talk about God in most interviews that they have done.

3) Selena and Demi always say, "I thank God..." and continue

answered by Guest | 07-24-2010 at 04:48 PM

Hi guys, i a new to this forum. I have been wanting to get this off my chest for a long time. I am a christian and i have posted something about this same topic on a christian forum. It's great to hear your opinions and that some of you here might be christians. For those of you who are not christians, i welcome you all the same.

I wanted to share this with all of you guys as this regards the topic if Selena is a christian or not. I am a 19 year old guy and i live half way across the world. Initially, i had a crush on selena Gomez. The reason was because she seemed different and nice from all the other actors. She is beautiful and i admit that i liked her a lot too( i am human after all. Furthermore, she dressed up properly whenever she went out in public and was a role model to young girls. However, my respect slightly decreased when i saw pictures of her in a bikini. she wore a purple bikini on her vacation in 2008 and most recently, she was seen wearing a bikini on the set of monte carlo in france.
Now, i know that all of you are going to ask me what is wrong with Selena wearing a bikini and you might accuse me of being old fashioned and crazy. However, i was raised in a conservative family and taught buy my mom and through the bible that the body is a sacred thing that should not be revealed in public. God said that all christians should dress modestly wherever we are as a reflection of Christ's glory and love. If a christian were to wear a bikini, it would be disrespectful to God an yourself. Your body is meant for your spouse alone, not for guys to look at. I know that we must not judge and i am not judging Selena. I myself am imperfect and God has shown me mercy on more than one occasion. What i am trying to say is that if Selena were a mature christian, she would be aware that the eyes of a male are like heat seeking missiles. I know that it is not entirely the girls fault and that guys should control their eyes too. However, tempting us to sin is equally as bad as well.
If a guy saw Selena Gomez in a bikini and tells you that he is not thinking of lustful thoughts, he is lying because none of us are without sin, me included. The point i am trying to make is that Selena wears a purity ring, claims that she is a christian, and then goes on to break the definition of purity by immodestly dressing in a bikini. She is basically telling all the girls that look up to her that it is okay to sell your body on the beach for a few bucks. Once again, i am not judging her guys because i am a sinner who has been saved by Christ. All i am trying to say is that she should realize the consequences of the way she dresses as she is inviting guys to lust after by making herself an object of desire. That is not what a christian should do. If you want to find proof from the bible about how a practicing christian should dress, i will be more than happy to oblige. This is my view and i know that some of you might not have thought about this topic before. Don't get me wrong! I still have a crush on her, but i will respect and believe her claims more if she covered up a little bit more. But then again, who am i say all these things? Anybody can comment and please do tell me your views are. I respect all of your opinions and i hope that you respect mine too.

( p.s By the way, if any of you want to ask this question "If Selena can't wear a bikini on the beach, what is she supposed to wear, a burka? " My response is that there are plenty of modest swimsuits out there and even Olympic swimmers wear a one piece swimsuit. Wearing a bikini is the same as going out in your underwear. You are half naked.)

answered by Floran | 08-02-2010 at 12:59 PM

shes not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
What religion is Selena Gomez?
I think she is a Christian but I don't know for sure. Could you help me? I couldn't find anything about her religion.
I had a look at her profile and she says she wears a purity ring.
Also if she is, what type of Christianity? And if you think she is a Christian how do you know for sure?
she's not Mexican and she doesn't like to say anything if you say it to her

answered by Guest | 08-12-2010 at 04:33 AM

Floran, I have thought about that also. I've been home schooled for most of my life so my parents have had a lot of control over what I do with my life. I actually am glad though because had it not been for that I don't know where I would be at. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be all that glorifying to God though.

We all know that Selena isn't perfect and just because she wears a bikini doesn't mean we should start judging her or anything. Yes, it's probably something she shouldn't be doing, but no one is perfect and I believe that God would want us to put that behind us and move on. God loves her and he made her the way he wants her, just because she makes one mistake means nothing. No sin is greater than another, so her wearing a bikini (though it may affect more people) is no worse than you telling a little lie.
Obviously she, like anyone else, has some things in her life that could use improvement, it's not right of us to make judgments about that. God is the one who can make judgments about what is or isn't right. Lets leave that up to him and put it behind us

And for Monsters, like I said, it's not our place to make judgments. That is God's job not ours.
And just because someone is famous doesn't mean they're not a christian. She has flaws and no, she doesn't have to do a ton of good deads to get salvation. Salvation is earned by faith alone. From what I've seen, compared to the world around me, Selena is a great girl and I think she would make an excellent role model. You guys just keep missing out on one of the most basic things. KNOW ONE IS PERFECT!!!!!
(i feel like i've been real repetitive, so sorry if i am)

answered by Guest | 08-17-2010 at 04:08 PM

The question of whether or not Selena is a christian cannot be answered. All we know of her is that, yes, she is one of the better pop stars and she doesn't seem to have any major flaws and shes seems to have a good, kind heart. However as people have been saying, its not doing good stuff that makes you a christian its by faith alone apart from works. There are tons of "good" people in the world who do not trust Jesus Christ as their only way of getting to heaven. So unless someone sat down with her and talked to her about what she believes, there is no way to know. Even though the Bible says that what is in our hearts will come out in our lives. This being said, if Selena truly loves God, we would see it. Hollywood needs Christs influence and i hope and pray that someone will step up and do just that. Maybe it will be Selena, or maybe not. One more thing I want to say is that I completely agree with the people who have been saying that we cannot judge someone by what we see. God knows the heart, leave it up to Him to do the judging.

answered by Guest | 09-20-2010 at 10:09 PM

maybe she doesn't have time 4 church maybe Sundays are the only days she gets 2 relax and maybe she prays before she goes to sleep just leave her alone why do you care if she's a christian

answered by Guest | 09-22-2010 at 11:21 PM

Floran, the bible says the body is a sacred thing. the bible also says though shall not commit adultery and having many boyfriends is adultery because if you think about it, If you love someone and you go and love someone else, that's adultery or, "cheating" even if you "broke up" with them. But shes a very beautiful girl and I'm very sorry that she was placed in a place such as that. She might act happy and she might even fell happy but deep, deep down inside, The voice of the risen savior is calling her name and trying to get her to come back to God. The devil wants us all to think that its OK to be a pop star idol singing sensation as long as you go to church. But Lucifer knows that the moment you make that decision, you are his. If we as Christians dont do our job as not only worshiping God on this earth but also spreading the word of God and loving our enemies, its people poor in the soul like our friend Selena how say, " WHY< WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT JESUS!!" when they die. So go brothers and Sisters and spread the word of God.

answered by Guest | 09-27-2010 at 06:48 PM

hey there a friend of mine sent a mail with this direction for an interesting forum (sorry for my bad English I'm still learning)and i felt a little curious about this but I'm not a huge fan of Selena but what caught my attention was if she is a christian or not and i have to say that God has shown me the way to be in a very intimate relationship with Him and must say that is great but i also learned that He has Tests for us to prove Him our love
seeing all your comments i think Selena has been placed in a road with many decisions but just one is the right one (the one that God shows you) and you have to take it fast and be self confident because you live based on decisions and well... if she takes the right decision I'm pretty sure God will make such a great work on her and like jars of clay song God will lift up her head in this case her soul and will make her a much better person in the life.

note:i dont really know if shes on this process or something and that doesn't mean I'm saying shes a bad person or if she doesn't know God at all its just an opinion not only for her but for all of you
also for the ones judging and the ones who insult the judges i just say calm down and let God make his work

jars of clay new cd coming out! i want to buy it!!! yeah XD

answered by Guest | 09-29-2010 at 12:50 AM

Excuse me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNsTeRs View Post
You know what, Selena Gomez is a fake just like Micheal Jackson. She cares nothing about her fans. If you think she does, then you are the stupidest person in the world.
Umm hello you dont know her. Some recording studios that you've signed contracts with don't allow you to share your faith. Plus the more people that see that she's a Christian go out and check out getting into a relationship with God.
And you can be a Christian and famous. A lot of people don't realize how much influence famous people have on them. And famous people don't know how much influence they have on other people. They don't try to be idols. They just want to use the amazing gift God has given them and to use it for Him. She doesn't have to have a Christian with Christian lyrics throughout. Most people don't even listen to much Christian music, especially Christians, I know I don't.
So please unless you know her personally don't talk ab how she doesn't care about her fans or how she nothing but a selfish jerk, because you don't know her. That's all I gotta say.

answered by Guest | 10-16-2010 at 10:40 PM

okay, can we stop it! NONE of us know Selena personally and NONE of us can judge her i am a christian too i dont talk about God 24/7 but i do love him she may wear a bikini and i know its not right but still..my sis wears a bikini and she is a GOOD christian and u cant judge her either! so just stop no one cares................if u think shes bad or anything if you really want to know, ask HER!!! ughh just please Stop! i am Selena's BIGGEST FAN and i LOVE HER!! (not like that you know what i mean!) seriously stop!

answered by Guest | 10-17-2010 at 09:10 PM

Why doesn't everyone stop arguing i mean they can think what they think i think she shouldn't date so many guys but that make automatically a non christian.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2010 at 12:48 AM

Points on Christianity for Selena.
My belief is that she might be a Christian, but God still calls us to modesty and no matter what arguments you may bring against it, wearing a bikini to the beach is wrong. It affects not just your mind, but the mind of everyone else around you. Especially being a Christian, Selena should know that when stories of her swimwear reach the rest of the world, she is affecting girls of all ages and races, Christian or not, into thinking that being immodest is a good thing. That imagery of her has almost certainly reached into and corrupted the minds of literally tens of thousands of people. If you ask me, that's a lot. That's something that Selena should stop with. Even if you aren't famous, you still affect the people around you when you wear that. And as far as what some of you said about church, there is always time for church. It doesn't matter what life you lead, or what you do, if you are any sort of Christian at all, you make time for church. God comes first over anything else in your life, period. If I was ran over by a car on Sunday, I would make the doctors and nurses bring a computer in the hospital room so I could at least listen to some form of a sermon. Maybe that is a bit extreme, but the bottom line is, unless your body is physically incapable of getting up and going to church, you go to church. If you are physically incapable, then listen to some form of a sermon at home (or at the hospital) on your computer (I personally recommend Pastor Archibald A. Allison for those of you that can't go to church or at least won't). Those are my views and I know that they are what the Bible teaches.

answered by Myself | 11-01-2010 at 09:57 AM

Selena Gomez Is a Christian <3
Yes, Selena Gomez is a Christian. I am her biggest fan and i know everything about her. If your also wandering what religion Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus are, Demi is a Christian and Miley is a Christian. I love all 3 of those celebrities, but if i had to pick one favorite, it would have to be Selena <3.
and Btw, CHRISTIANS ARE RIGHT!!!! <3 GOD BLESS

answered by Guest | 11-03-2010 at 12:12 AM

My Mom is Christian. My dad is Muslim. I am half christian and half muslim.

answered by Selena Marie Gomez | 11-05-2010 at 08:24 PM

*yawn*
Prove you're Selena Gomez #1. #2, After doing #1, Explain how you are half each since it's impossible to be half christian half muslim since the entire muslim religion revolves around killing everyone who is not muslim, and if you don't kill a non-muslim in your life you don't go to heaven, and by killing a non-muslim they go to heaven too. Just a quick thought. That's a summary of the muslim religion I know about, although I know a lot more about them too.

answered by Myself | 11-09-2010 at 07:07 AM

I love Selena Gomez, not only is she a wonderful actor/ singer but she believes in God and thanks him for everything she has accomplished. I really hope that she stays on the right track and does not begin to act like some of the other Disney stars (not naming names) (: Selena is a wonderful role model to all of her fans, including me.

answered by Guest | 11-23-2010 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNsTeRs View Post
I don't mean to judge her. I don't really know her and I don't know this for sure, but you people are unbearable. This is what all actors are like. This propaganda is exactly what turns people away from Christ.
what you talking bout don't judge other people gosh

answered by Guest | 11-27-2010 at 04:19 PM

Christian or Not?
I think nobody knows for sure if Selena Gomez is a true Christian or not, but I don't think I should matter to us. It is up to her to believe the true God and Jesus and even if you heard her say she was Christian nobody knows expect God will know so the debate should end here.

answered by Guest | 11-30-2010 at 12:17 AM

Trust
Guys Trust God in all things no matter what.

answered by Guest | 12-16-2010 at 03:11 AM

bahh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNsTeRs View Post
I don't mean to judge her. I don't really know her and I don't know this for sure, but you people are unbearable. This is what all actors are like. This propaganda is exactly what turns people away from Christ.
It sounds to me you are VERY judging and jealous.
It also says in the bible no one is perfect and to not be jealous or judging on other people.

Why hasn't she made a song about Christ?
She works for DISNEY CHANNEL. Do you truthfully believe they would allow her to sing a song about Christ?

Kent Hovind is a great man, however he isn't in jail for his belief in Christ.
He is in jail for tax evasion.

You talk about her being an "idol". I don't know one single person, in the world, who has plopped down and worshiped her. She is trying to make a living, and she is doing successfully. Don't be harsh because she makes more money then you. God has a plan for her, and a plan for you and me.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2010 at 10:04 PM

i cant judge ive never met her
OK, so I'm not exactly sure if Selena is a christian because i've never even met her. and, i cant judge her because I've never met her. i am a christian and i know that in the bible it clearly states not to put labels on people. A lot of times Hollywood turns Christians into non-Christians because the get sucked into money, fame, sex, everything that can possibly tempt you to do the wrong things, i cant say that i like Selena either. i can say i like her music. but, again i cant say i like her because I've never even met her.shes seems like a pretty good girl though. i think that we should pray for the people that get sucked into fame and hope that there is fewer and fewer every day.

answered by Guest | 12-22-2010 at 03:36 AM

selena gomez
Quote:
Originally Posted by joil khan View Post
i hate Christians and Christ because there were no Christians in India. Because of the Britishers spreading our Hindu Muslims India have gone bad
How could u say that!

answered by Guest | 12-26-2010 at 07:21 PM

How can you hate CHRIST!?! He died for you!
I am a Catholic and i love Selena for who she is. Selena is a kind girl with lots of talent. You have no right to judge her. I will be praying for you that you change your mind and heart. GOD bless!

answered by Guest | 12-30-2010 at 02:20 AM

Guys. I'm a christian myself! Do you think that persecuting will hurt us?
John 3:16 says: God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

answered by Guest | 12-31-2010 at 03:24 PM

selena
First of all her parents are christian but doesn't mean she is one herself. Sorry but just like 90% of celebrities like actors and singers and rappers she is part of the Infamous Illuminati which are Antichrist who worship Satan.

answered by Guest | 01-03-2011 at 06:39 PM

Selena Gomez does not date a lot of guys just a couple and if the internet says she is pregnant she is not so don't even look it up.

answered by Guest | 01-09-2011 at 11:19 PM

LEAVE HER ALONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena Marie Gomez View Post
My Mom is Christian. My dad is Muslim. I am half christian and half muslim.
How do we know if you are Selena gomez.


Besides that this is not really for you guys to talk about.

I think maybe we should settle that Selena Gomez, even though she is a beautiful young woman, sings songs like More and the bible talks about being selfish.

Also, how many of here songs are about breaking up with boys and how she didn't need them anyway?

I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this but i think we all need to start reading our bibles.

answered by bible reader | 01-12-2011 at 02:45 PM

changing the subject
Hello, I love Jesus!!! What are some good things he's done in your life lately? something amazing he has did is healed my bother from cancer and I am so thankful to God!! You guys should have lot's of things to be thankful for that God has placed in your life...what are some of them?

answered by AJ Nelson | 01-22-2011 at 05:49 PM

whateves
I'm not here to bore you to death or something with a message I'm a christian and i think Selena Gomez is one to. I was on youtube and she made a video where she took time to call all her fans back, how many actors would do that i think she is a christian just these disney peoples wont let her sing any songs about it and plus u can experiment with dating nowhere in the bible where it says u cant.

answered by Guest | 01-24-2011 at 03:38 AM

Christian perspective
Okay, I came here looking to see if Selena Gomez is a Christian (which I hope she is), but reading a lot of comments I learned a lot of things. Some replies: Indian who hates Christ, I'll pray 4 you. I hope you turn to Christ and ask God to forgive that you said that. I am a Christian. I believe that you are a Christian when you accept the fact that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and that you can't go to church or do good things to be a Christian.

I have to add that 19 year old guy is right. I only wanted to know if Selena Gomez was a Christian so I could learn more about her and to know that she is safe in the arms of God. I at first loved Miley Cyrus, but now that she is turning away from what is right, I try to avoid her.

That's when I turned toward Selena and Demi. But then I heard Demi was doing drugs (which I hope she isn't) so now I'm turning more to Selena. She dresses up GIGANTICALLY MORE APPROPRIATELY (besides the bikini thing) than any other from Disney Channel. She has an amazing voice.

I hope she is a Christian and at least keeps the Sabbath day Holy by going to church even in all this celebrity mess. I hope she can keep on the right track and that God will help her. In the last few comments from other "guests" they are right. We will never know if she's a Christian (although hopefully she is) unless she tells us specifically and if not, only God and Selena will know. I LOVE GOD, JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT, AND SELENA MARIE GOMEZ! MAY GOD WALK WITH HER IN HER DIFFICULT, FAMOUS LIFE!

answered by Guest | 01-31-2011 at 03:06 AM

selena christ
I just think she is a wonderful girl, and i don't judge her I think she is the best. Also I'm a christian and i love Christ and god. However what I think in my opinion is that we as Christians shouldn't judge people we love and no matter what, we should love them equally as well, so with God's strength we should move on, and on. And never give up the people we love as well.

answered by karen | 02-03-2011 at 10:24 PM

I've never met a true christian. I don't think they exist. I have met many charlatans that use Christianity as a means to an end. Many guys see church as an a** farm. Business people go because it means, buy from me you can trust me. I was buying a pickup a while back and the man declared he was a christian even though I had not asked.

I thought OK I'll watch you even closer then. The bureaucracy between man and god which is religion is the bane of our existence. Tax churches ! they make billions of dollars and pay no taxes. tax churches! then we can take the money and do many christian things with it. You know, the stuff the church "doesn't" do with it.

answered by Guest | 02-04-2011 at 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
What religion is Selena Gomez?
I think she is a Christian but I don't know for sure. Could you help me? I couldn't find anything about her religion.
I had a look at her profile and she says she wears a purity ring.
Also if she is, what type of Christianity? And if you think she is a Christian how do you know for sure?
To be honest I'm not entirely sure but on facebook i have her as a friend and i asked her if she was and she replied sorry i don't give out my religion so there's your answer . p.s. I'm a christian and hope she is too!

answered by Guest | 02-05-2011 at 10:40 PM

A true christian is someone who believes that Jesus Christ died for our sins. If she believes, that I don`t care what type of Christian she is.(P.S. Your not supposed to judge people, but the bible also says that you need to show them if there doing something wrong. You wouldn't let a toddler run around with a match just because they were having fun, would you?)

answered by Guest | 02-09-2011 at 07:30 PM

she is!!!!
Selena is a pure christian. Maybe she does not have a specific group I think she is great.

answered by Guest | 02-14-2011 at 10:10 AM

I think Selena is a Christian. She is also a great singer and those are the best things you can get.

answered by Guest | 02-26-2011 at 06:17 AM

I actually believe that Selena is a christian like me. From what I've seen, she is genuinely thankful for what God has given her. For me, being a christian doesn't mean that you always go to church follow the traditions and stuff. Being a christian is believing in God and loving Him with all your heart. And I can see it in Selena. She's real, amazing and down-to-earth. She shows her gratitude to Him by sharing her blessings. She shows her love to her fans, friends, and family. I believe Selena's on the right path...and I know God is guiding her

answered by girlyoudon'tknow | 02-26-2011 at 01:42 PM

Selena Gomez said that she treats Justin Bieber like a brother but now she's kissing him on the lips!!! she's lying. Since I am a born again christian I certainty know that lying is against Gods lawful 10 commandments! What christian does that! but at the end of the day she probably repented for lying about her true love for Justin Bieber. By the way I am obsessive Justin Bieber fan but I still put GOD first!

answered by Guest | 03-01-2011 at 07:35 PM

A revelation of one girl who had an encounter with our lord Jesus Christ, said she saw Selena burning in hell. Selena gave her a message that her fans should stop to play her music because as they are playing and dancing the more tortures for her in hell.

If you love her so much, please hear what she is saying repent and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. heaven is real, Selena loves you so much she does not want you to end up like her. Hell is real stop playing her music she is begging you people.

answered by Guest | 03-02-2011 at 02:04 PM

Only God knows if you are indeed a christian. Anyone can fake it and make people believe them. It's not head knowledge, it's a matter of the heart and soul. Christianity is not a religion it is a relationship with God. Therefore you can claim to be a christian, but will you go to heaven on judgment day, only God knows. Do not be lukewarm, because God will cast you out just as he would a nonbeliever. If you call yourself a christian don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.

answered by redeemed | 03-05-2011 at 10:17 PM

She defiantly is... I am myself... She's hot and she is a pretty good actor... And just like other people said you don't need to talk about God 24/7 or else people will start calling you names lol!

answered by Guest | 03-09-2011 at 04:03 AM

I like Selena because she has great music and is nice.

answered by Guest | 03-11-2011 at 12:16 AM

I think Selena Gomez is a Christian and is and has been a great influence on many many people.

answered by Guest | 03-13-2011 at 11:27 PM

The name suits you, CHRISTIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by christin View Post
i need to say as one of her fans that selena remembered my name
this is to the monstors
Christian Christin, your Mom is a smart lady to have given you such an important moniker.
You have the right values [for a Christian and for a Human Being, period!] and you know it's never right to simply cast stones and mock or question someone's faith or morality.

Especially not someone who is NOT hurting you or anyone else, and just wants to do her job in the best and purest manner possible .
Selena Gomez is one of today's RockStars, and I mean that in the spiritual sense of the word, as well as, the Hollywood [albeit Disneywood]type of GoodExample of:
A RockStar!! God Bless You, Selena and Christin
[Keep speaking up against bigotry and devilish attitudes such as Monster spat on these pages, ugh!]

answered by Guest | 03-21-2011 at 12:15 AM

Is selena gomez a Christian
Of course she is she respects her fans and helps on saving the world that god made and I'm a Christian too, so if she's not, I'll be very upset and if Selena Gomez is reading this I just wanna let you know I'm your biggest Fan I Love you, I have a lot of posters of you on my wall, I love you Selena Gomez.

answered by Guest | 03-22-2011 at 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNsTeRs View Post
I don't mean to judge her. I don't really know her and I don't know this for sure, but you people are unbearable. This is what all actors are like. This propaganda is exactly what turns people away from Christ.
You are incorrect.
You can be a Christian and be a celebrity as well, it is significantly harder because of all of the temptations so maybe instead of writing an essay, judging, YES judging, her you should be praying for her instead.

answered by Guest | 03-26-2011 at 06:42 PM

To all you Selena haters out there, you just need to shut up! I am a christian and I think Selena is a good person and she is in my opinion a Christian! Just because she plays a wizard on TV does not mean that she idolizes it!

To all you people who say who cares, you need to go to church because that is not good that you don't believe in Jesus. All of those who have good things to say like me thank you so much.

answered by Guest | 03-29-2011 at 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post
Prove you're Selena Gomez #1. #2, After doing #1, Explain how you are half each since it's impossible to be half christian half muslim since the entire muslim religion revolves around killing everyone who is not muslim, and if you don't kill a non-muslim in your life you don't go to heaven, and by killing a non-muslim they go to heaven too. Just a quick thought. That's a summary of the muslim religion I know about, although I know a lot more about them too.
Oi ! I am a muslim and proud of it ! You think I killed someone ?? Seriously if you're not a muslim, then you know NOTHING about us! We do not kill nor we burn your 'bible' but your stupid pastor whatever burnt our Quran. So you tell me now who is the real 'killer' here !?

answered by Guest | 04-02-2011 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I agree with the other guests don't judge people by their covers. Some of whatever Monster said was true but true Christians [ and I'm not saying you aren't ] should not call people they don't know dimwits and stupid because that is hurtful and called cyber bulling.
Snd just because she doesn't put her life to God doesn't mean shes fake and don't judge people, imagine that's you and you see this written on your computer. And God was never judgmental of who a person was.

answered by Guest | 04-03-2011 at 11:22 PM

What does it mean to be a Christian? to put God first in your life and accept him as your Lord and Savior. Don't you think that famous people who earn lots of money have the same right to worship the same God as you do? and get a chance to go to heaven?

Yes it is harder for the wealthy to get to heaven but that's only if they put their wealth before God, Selena is a good role model, and you can tell by the music that she releases, it sends a good message to teens, for example her new single 'who says'. She is well grounded, a lovely person to others and during interviews credits God for helping make her the person she is today, shes also done allot of humanitarian work too, so that just proves that yes she does care for others not just her fans but everyone.

Why don't you first 'take the log of wood out of your eye and then you will see clearly to take the grain of dust out of your brothers eye'. A celebrity and an idol are different things, Selena is admired by others not praised. and if your really criticizing her for being in a TV show that others may prefer to watch than going to church? than you should really be putting down good TV as a whole. I'm sorry but your argument just doesn't make any sense. You should really be putting your time into becoming a better Christian yourself rather than pointing out the wrong in all others who call themselves Christian too, cause your no holier than they.

answered by Guest | 04-04-2011 at 10:16 AM

mis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNsTeRs View Post
I don't mean to judge her. I don't really know her and I don't know this for sure, but you people are unbearable. This is what all actors are like. This propaganda is exactly what turns people away from Christ.
.

Wow you shouldn't talk much. I mean if you're a Christian then why the hell is your name monster? The bible says that you are in the world but not off the world but in reality we are all off the world because our daily activities consist of us doing things off the world. Most of us has to work for a living and so does Selena. You're right, she may not know us all because she's not perfect to remember all of us, but she sure does appreciate you, unlike monsters like you who don't even give thanks to god for being alive. So I suggest you get a life and stop living Selena's.

answered by gods star | 04-08-2011 at 02:58 PM

Really??
Bottom line, monster, you don't know her, you have no right to judge her.

answered by Guest | 04-09-2011 at 03:21 AM

selena gomez
She is a christian who ever says she is not, well then you have mental problems lol bye.

answered by Guest | 04-10-2011 at 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I totally agree with what the first person wrote. Mostly what they said is ABSOLUTELY true. The bible talks about how your actions should be based on God's wants. Many celebrities tend to get lost in their own world that they forget that. But I also don't think Selena Gomez should be bad-talked like that either. Don't forget that God lies WITHIN everyone, so when you judge someone, you're judging God. just a thought.
I agree with everything this statement, and not to criticize, but it should be noted that God(Christ) does not reside in everyone, only people that have accepted Him and allowed Him into their life.

answered by Guest | 04-13-2011 at 07:30 AM

Please listen or read about Angelica's encounter with Selena. this is not make believe, this is real people. Please wake up. Jesus is real, don't let the lies of the world fool you. You must be born again and a devout follower of Jesus Christ and his teaching and walk according to Gods Holy Word ( the Bible). Judgment is real. Heaven and Hell are Real. Jesus Christ is Real and Alive Today. Please go to website and listen or read.

answered by Guest | 04-16-2011 at 05:07 PM

You know only her and God know if she is a true Christian and plenty of people have money but that doesn't mean there not a Christian!!!

answered by Guest | 04-20-2011 at 04:31 PM

Selena Gomez
Dear all,
I agree that Selena should not be strutting about in a bikini because that has given rise to a number of lustful sites. But I only know a handful of girls that are bold enough to go against the flow of this world and wear one pieces, and indeed those can be as attractive as bikinis sometimes! I am a strong Bible believing Christian who fights the battles of lust everyday and the media just glorifies it! I like to say TV stans for tyrannical vampire. LOL.
As far as her religion goes, that's between her and God, although I wish she would be more bold in proclaiming Christ if sne is truly born again. Monster, you were mostly right in what you said, but you were very unkind and may I say unlike Jesus. You also should be careful to assume sweeping stereotypes because only God knows her heart. As far as what I think she is I recall Jesus' words:"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." Of all the celebrities I know, she is probably the closest to being saved just because of what she does. The Bible says: "Judge not or you will be judged." But it also says "You shall know them by their fruits (actions). After all, actions speak louder than words!

Even though I don't believe in dating or kissing before marriage [and that bikinis are generally inappropriate]and that being a wizard is clearly condemned by the Bible among other things I have a high respect for Gomez because of her humanitarian work and because she's not pregnant!!! LOL However I only listen to Christian music so I don't know how her voice sounds but I do know she' really pretty!! So I guess that all we can do is pray that she won't get sucked into Hollywood's system and that if she's saved, she will grow in her faith and if she' not that she will be and SOON! Bye Everyone!

answered by Guest | 04-23-2011 at 08:43 AM

SELENA GOMEZ
I think that selena gomez is not christian and not Muslim. I think she's both, but either if she were christian of muslim i would because always love her, not because of her religion, but because of her talent and she really cares about her fans and she's always focused on her show-business and on her songs and singing and in my heart i will always and love her.

I'm her number one fan she's my idol. i want to be just like her when i grow up, beautiful, talented and tall.

answered by RANA | 04-24-2011 at 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What the heck she doesn't hate a gazillion guys what are you talking about? i heard her say she's only had a few boyfriends, and that's way below average for even a christian her age
how judgemental, and you call yourself a christian, maybe you are but judging others is clearly wrong. I bet you're just purely jealous of her.
That was a weak come back and you need to know the difference between saying your opinion and be judgmental if you really think about it there is truth in what she is saying but .are you a christian???...if not you don't know what it is like being one so I suggest you found out before you tell someone that isn't christian.

answered by Guest | 04-25-2011 at 09:37 PM

I think she is a Christian but Selena why are you in a show about voodoo and stuff just asking no hard feelings rite?

answered by Guest | 04-27-2011 at 01:29 AM

@MoNsTeRs
Okay, first of all, I am not a Cristian! But no matter what religion, she is famous.
She loves her fans, obviously, if she LOVES money so much she would go in to a casino, gamble and miss out on rehearsal. She definitely goes to church and doesn't HAVE to write a song about God. She knows that some of her fans aren't that religious, and she is afraid she might offend them.

Obviously you have some actor/actress that you like. Selena Maria Gomez is okay that you don't like her music, but this is to far. I know that you have a youtube account whose username is joeslub, and troll on music like Taylor Swift, and Selena Gomez. Well guess what. You are a SLUB that HATES music, you even POST Taylor's music videos. So for the sake of Selena Maria Gomez, just keep your comments to yourself, and then everybody's happy. Nobody will be on your side, that's for sure.

answered by Guest | 04-29-2011 at 10:26 PM

Hindi& Christian
She is a Christian so just shut up Joil Kahan!!!!!! I happen to be a Christian and I do believe in Christ and loves him. But on my fathers side I happen to be Hind, I'm 1/4 Indian. And I think Selena Gomez rocks so don't hate on her just because she has talent and you don't. If you don't like her, that's your problem, so keep it to yourself. Hows that sound buster.

answered by Guest | 05-13-2011 at 12:47 AM

iselena a christian
I am a big fan of her and I am 99% sure she is a Christian except the 1% is because she sang a song something to do with a god not a GOD but I like her anyway but i love GOD.

answered by Guest | 05-16-2011 at 02:49 PM

Is selena Gomez a Christian?
You are all stupid Jesus didn't die on a cross and all Selena Gomez haters need to shut the hell up because you are just so dumb.

I mean really get off her if any of were famous like her you wouldn't want people to think you're a bad person would you probably not so shut up she's a really great person have any of you ever stopped and thought that she never no matter what ever has anything bad to say about you she always says she loves all of you even when you're an a** to her.

Jesus also said do to other people what you want them to do to you so she's being the best she can be and all you have to say is that she is a bad person even if it doesn't mean as much to her as it does her fans does it matter she's still being nice by giving them what they want.

She still cares how they feel what they want if you were famous you wouldn't give a damn I bet u would never do anything for your fans she never has anything bad to say about her fans so why do you always have something bad to say about her.

What if she is just a good person do you think god loves people who don't think twice to hate on someone or to say that that person doesn't love him what if you were famous and you were a christian and a really good person like her and you tried your best to make sure people knew you were because you were.

And all they had to say was your a bad person your a fake you suck you probably wouldn't like it and you would probably say something but she never says anything bad she always says she loves you and that she has what she has because of you if you can really hate someone like that go kill yourself because you're the worst person ever more people should be like her.) love you Selena Gomez <3 (:

answered by Guest | 05-16-2011 at 09:18 PM

Stop following these celebrities. You don't know the source of inspiration behind them, neither do you know whose interest they serve and promote. If they are God's they should openly glorify Him and will not be secretive about their belief. People of the world, Jesus Christ is about to come. Repent and turn away from your sins because it's already midnight hour. Stop following men (esp these celebrities who ain't even sound role models). God loves you, therefore love not the world or anything that is in the world (even their songs) 1 John 2:15.

answered by Guest | 05-18-2011 at 07:40 PM

free religous
If you don't know anything about her then stop posting things. You don't know if she's a christian then leave her alone, mind your own business I'm a christian too and nobody talks to me that way!
be happy for who you are.

answered by lura | 05-19-2011 at 10:11 PM

to monsters
You do not have the right to judge her that much and telling people that she's not a Christian and she's a bad influence to them...
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;
Luke 6:37

Haven't you read this verse? Study the Bible more...

answered by Guest | 05-20-2011 at 12:49 AM

I think that Selena Gomez is just because she acts like to her fans.

answered by Guest | 05-20-2011 at 08:55 PM

cheese
She is a Christian. I can tell because her songs talk about christian stuff.

answered by Guest | 05-21-2011 at 12:38 AM

Selena- Christianity
Here's the thing: Selena Gomez is a Christian if she trusts in the Lord Jesus Christ as her Savior and has faith and has dedicated her life to Him. See Romans 10:9. There is no possible way that we can know what is in her heart; only God can know. It is vitally important to be a Christian. Seeing that we don't know (and even if we did) if she is, lets not judge her and pick on her. Lets pray for her. If she says she loves God; lets rejoice! If she wears an immodest bikini; lets pray that she'll realize that shes causing boys to lust over her and not wear it again. Let's pray for her!

answered by Guest | 05-21-2011 at 05:14 AM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.