Thanksgiving Quotes For Teachers?

Everybody looks forward to the thanksgiving feast.
I'm a teacher and I'm searching for some inspirational thanksgiving quotes and sayings I can use in my class. We're doing special cards and I need some Thanksgiving quotes to print on them.
They must be creative and new, I've read the same quotes in different websites.
Any help will be appreciated.

asked by Dana in Holidays | 9359 views | 11-25-2009 at 04:38 PM

My sister is also a teacher and she was working on a thanksgiving proyect too.

10 Thanksgiving Quotes to Celebrate The True Meaning of Thanksgiving

1. "The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." ~ H.U. Westermayer

2. "Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow." ~ Edward Sandford Martin

3. "There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American." ~ O. Henry

4. "You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled." ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

5. "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy

6. "We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction." ~ Harry A. Ironside

7. "It must be an odd feeling to be thankful to nobody in particular. Christians in public institutions often see this odd thing happening on Thanksgiving Day. Everyone in the institution seems to be thankful 'in general.' It's very strange. It's a little like being married in general." ~ Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.

8. "It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for. He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire. Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient. But a thankful heart hath a continual feast." ~ W. J. Cameron

9. "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others." ~ Cicero

10. "Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men, but be careful that you do not take the day and leave out the gratitude." ~ E.P. Powell

answered by Hector | 11-25-2009 at 04:40 PM

I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and new.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
- ritual chant

What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?
- Erma Bombeck

Who does not thank for little will not thank for much.
- Estonian proverb

Got no check books, got no banks. Still I'd like to express my thanks - I got the sun in the mornin' and the moon at night.
- Irving Berlin

answered by Jules | 11-25-2009 at 04:41 PM

this site is very inspiring... I have been viewing all the links that you have provided and I think that you really did a great job... I want you to know that you have inspired many people just by sharing this kinds of quotes.

answered by Synthetic Grass | 06-05-2010 at 02:52 AM

i want to post some of my personal quotes here if that is fine with the administrator and I also want to use the quotes posted in this site for some of my business. As you can see I am planning to enter a publishing business, if that's fine with you. I am waiting for your reply.

answered by Guest | 06-08-2010 at 06:15 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.