Crib Recall List 2009?

According to CBS, a baby's crib safety recall is imminent.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission is expected to announce one of the largest crib recalls in 2009 and in history, citing the potential danger of cribs with dropdown sides, a source familiar with the recall.
What kind of cribs are they recalling? Is there a list of any particular brands or models affected by the recall?

asked by Timothy in Decorating & Remodeling | 9999 views | 11-23-2009 at 03:02 PM

Rumor has it the crib recall will involve cribs with drop-down sides.
In July 2009, Simplicity Drop Side Cribs were recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission due to the risk of suffocation. Just one month earlier in June, LaJobi recalled two crib models for the same reason. And in October 2008, Delta Enterprise recalled nearly a million cribs due to faulty safety pegs making the drop down sides a strangulation hazard.

There was a little boy called Tyler Jonathan, he was only 10 months old when he died in his crib because of this hazard.

No list of brands yet.

answered by Rachel | 11-23-2009 at 03:04 PM

A report from ABC News said the recall would be the largest in history and would involve cribs with drop-down sides.

That includes the crib I bought last week. What I find annoying is that more than 4.6 million cribs have been recalled since 2007.
They should add more safety trials to their assembly lines.

answered by Martha | 11-23-2009 at 06:59 PM

Why are they stalling?!
Last night on the news they said that this morning (Tuesday) there would be a list announced. Why are they dragging this out? They already know it includes all drop-down side cribs because, no matter what the brand name on them is, they are ALL made the same, look the same, have the same plastic hardware that is faulty or risky, and are all made by the same companies in China! Isn't free trade wonderful? How many children's lives have to be lost before the bureaucrats and big company CEOs act like they care?

Last year when we purchased our first baby's crib I took one look at that plastic hardware on the drop-side and had a bad gut feeling about its design and materials (and I hadn't even heard about any drop-side crib recalls yet). The Stork Craft (Fischer Price) cribs being recalled now are no different than the Graco Sarah cribs and all the other brands/models that are designed the same.

The problem in itself is not drop-side cribs because when most of our furniture (especially nursery furniture) was still made in America, the cribs with drop-sides were made CORRECTLY, with metal and durable materials, with a safe-not-chintzy design that was safe and reliable. Like nearly everything manufactured in China and shipped to this country (something that has also robbed Americans of jobs) it is cheap garbage, not worth the price, and it endangers the lives of our precious children.

When Ross Perot warned about free trade and that would happen because of it, he was right. Why can't Americans find a crib made in America anymore that doesn't break the bank? They are taking their time getting that list out and we're not supposed to notice.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 05:47 PM

i dont know what to do because i dont have the money to go buy a crib......people are out of work and they expected us to buy a crib....i dont have the money im a single mom of one and i have no clue what to do

answered by Guest | 11-26-2009 at 11:35 PM

recall
i contacted the company i bought a nursery 3 in one set.. elfe brand or graco models... they told me there was a rebate i could collect on my box set... some companies will offer repair kits check with them and see what they do... its the pits to have to shell out for a new crib

answered by Guest | 11-28-2009 at 03:46 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.