Boondock Saints Prayer Meaning?

I'm getting a new tattoo and I'm getting the Boondock Saints prayer, but I want to know what it means first since it's going to be on my skin forever. I like how the prayer sounds but the meaning is always important.
What does the prayer from the Boondock Saints mean?

asked by Madison in Languages | 244993 views | 11-19-2009 at 09:20 PM

Are you sure about the tattoo?
Nevermind, lets start from the beginning of the Boondock Saints Prayer:
"And shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

The family prayer, is a prayer to illustrate an oath/oration to God, that they will do all in their power to shepherd the weak through the evils brought forth by evil men and the dissatisfaction with those who would do harm to the innocents, and giving thanks to God to be able to do something about it. (See: Ezekiel 25:17) That the souls of the wicked shall be purified by blood, and sent back to their maker, if it is in their power: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit"

The final part:
"In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
Means "In the name of the father, of the son, and the Holy Spirit" roughly.

answered by Casper | 11-19-2009 at 09:24 PM

what???
can we not type GOD on here or is it necessary for you to just blank out a letter?

answered by Guest | 11-20-2009 at 06:06 PM

You probably shouldn't decide to get a tattoo then decide to figure out what it means. It seems like this might lead to regret.

The usual order of things is to find something whose meaning you like then decide to get a tattoo of it.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 05:25 AM

bad idea to get this tattooed on yourself, it's a prayer created by the movie director. the only part of the prayer from the bible is the last sentence. the last sentence would look cool tattooed in latin. always double check the latin spelling from a few different sources before having something tattooed on you. Good Luck

answered by Guest | 01-02-2010 at 08:04 AM

Who gives a **** if it's created by the director, and it's not in the bible.
Someone else just made up all that anyway...

If this person thinks it's a good prayer, then who's the say he/she shouldn't get a tattoo?

answered by Justin | 01-04-2010 at 03:59 AM

ATHEIST!
haha Thats one hell of a prayer! hell, if someone wants that tattoed, go for it! I did! hahaha I dont even believe in god, its just one badass mesh of words. If someone wants to fck up their skin, let em. haha

answered by jizz | 01-04-2010 at 08:17 PM

Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh

answered by Guest | 01-19-2010 at 01:32 AM

boondock saints prayer
honestly i don't believe in the whole religion thing and as for not getting it tatted because a director wrote is crap go for it. remember some guy wrote the bible if there was movies thousands of years ago there would be no bible it would be a movie and it probably would be just like the boondock saints buts that's just my opinion. and if someone got a problem with it email me

answered by Guest | 01-19-2010 at 05:15 AM

And shepherds we shall be
for thee my lord for three....meaning serving the lord

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands....meaning the lord is descending his power/work out to them and they are carrying it out.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be....meaning they are sending souls to god in such an abundance its like a river being flowed forth to him. its a metaphor.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti....in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. Hebrew/latin

answered by Guest | 01-20-2010 at 08:59 AM

Actually the last part translates literally to "upon by name father and daughter and breath to sanctify" but has been modified over years

answered by Guest | 01-21-2010 at 05:39 PM

its not a sin to get a tat, its just frowned upon, yes your body is a temple of god but i know priests with tattoos, so its not a sin just frowned upon and it depends on the priests belief on tattoos

answered by Guest | 01-28-2010 at 07:06 AM

I love the whole misconception of christianity and complete beliefs. There are freaking Christian BIKER clubs with tattoos of crosses and such. Tattoos are not a sin, what you put on there could be though.

As far as the prayer, I like it.

As far as the person that doesn't want God put on this board, if you don't like it, you can always start your own page and completely block it from there, otherwise, you have to put up with OTHER PEOPLES BELIEFS! Its funny, people who DON'T believe think they have more rights than those that do.

answered by Guest | 01-28-2010 at 05:50 PM

hmmm
lets hear it for the ******* asking to omit the word god from a freaking prayer....

answered by Guest | 02-02-2010 at 04:39 AM

It is not a sin to get a tattoo.
the verse saying it is a sin to get a tattoo is in the context of worshiping false idols.
Which is a sin.
Not the tattoo

answered by Guest | 02-02-2010 at 07:37 AM

haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
honestly i don't believe in the whole religion thing and as for not getting it tatted because a director wrote is crap go for it. remember some guy wrote the bible if there was movies thousands of years ago there would be no bible it would be a movie and it probably would be just like the boondock saints buts that's just my opinion. and if someone got a problem with it email me
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about

answered by Guest | 02-07-2010 at 10:43 AM

god should be an idol not an argument

answered by Guest | 02-07-2010 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about
I can understand where you are coming from, but I must say that you don't truly know what you are talking about either. Yes, some people don't believe in God because they have totally screwed everything and don't understand the "if there was a god why would I go through this?" I have personally been there, and I also understand to some people choose to be ignorant and not believe because they don't feel like putting forth the effort to find out what different cultures believe. With all of this you must also understand that some people don't believe because it can be proven wrong and the reasoning "it's an act of God" just doesn't cut it for people that analyze everything that comes along. What bothers me is when people that are religious judge those who are not and don’t accept them, even if their reasoning is bad. The reason why people don’t believe shouldn’t be the issue, people should be able to get passed things like this because it is a personal choice.

answered by Moez | 02-11-2010 at 07:14 PM

evolution? religion? everyone will think what they will. For the religious people out there, just think God gave others the right to feel, and think differently from yourself, and for the scientific people out there, think of religion as a way for some people to deal with questions they do not have answers for. Either way, everyone is different, I'm not religious but i do have faith. So I guess I fall in the middle, lol. Oh and boondock saints 1 and 2 were amazing movies, I'm getting the tattoo as well.

answered by Guest | 02-12-2010 at 12:34 AM

WoW, I love a good theological discussion, especially when people quote believeing in God then hypercritically make statements that are against the book and entity they say they believe in. No religion, faith or belief system of any kind is about unjustified violence and war yet all have been announced as reason for it except for buddhism. As for the belief in GOD, does the phrase love thy neighbor mean nothing to you any more? Is it just a throw away thing that is pulled out for convenience? This world is full of differences and beliefs and everyone should learn to respect these. Faith, religions and belief systems should never be pushed on anyone and should be optional with a door always open attitude. I for one envy anyone with belief. I wish I had their passion but I don't. The ideas are good but I struggle with the magical elements (water into wine, eight armed deity's etc). At the end of the day acceptance should be the order of the day, if something makes sense for you as long as it causes no one harm then go for it and don't let anyone tell you different because this is your life my friend and not for anyone else to tell you what to do. Boondock Saints is an awesome movie and the sequel, whilst not a patch on the first outing, is a jolly good romp. If the prayer means some to you then do it.

answered by Guest | 02-13-2010 at 11:57 AM

I also enjoy a good debate/discussion of religion. What has to be realized is that the Bible cannot be taken literally on the whole, nor can it be said to be entirely false. Let's face it, the only people that know for sure are the ones who wrote it not the ones who translated it into Latin and later the Queens english and certainly not us, however the general message is still there. On a fundamental basis the messages given by most mainstream religions is if you are a good person you will be rewarded in the afterlife, and if you are a bad person you will atone for your sins by being punished for all of eternity (with the exception of Islam. In Islamic beliefs Hell is either non-existant or is not a permanent placement. I have heard both though I have not read the Koran, feel free to correct me).
In response to you've-fallen-from-Gods-path-and-now-you're-doomed-to-burn-in-hell Guy, I say this: We, as human beings, have no clue as to what Gods plan/path for our lives are no matter how holy you claim yourself to be. In fact if you claim to be so religious then you will remember a little something that goes like this: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Maybe what you should do is go back to sunday school and read Bible stories with the kindergarteners, you might learn a thing or two about acceptance while you learn the basics of the religion you claim to follow. Also, if we don't know what Gods path for us is than how do we know that we have strayed from it? Perhaps He has placed a hardship before us that we may learn a lesson, or even that we may fall so that we can help another in our climb back to grace. The point is that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, and the way to fix it is to open your eyes and stop taking everything you hear as as the whole truth and start asking the questions that you are afraid to ask. After all the truth will set you free. If you would like to discuss this with me one on one then you can email me at shadow_of_intent117@yahoo.com

answered by Guest | 02-16-2010 at 02:16 AM

Religion is not just a topic to discuss and have a heated debate over. For some it is the way in which they live by. But for those who don't believe, that is they're choice. Yes, the Lord did give us "free choice" because in the bible he tells us it is our choice to come to Him, but no matter what He will be there for us. We must choose him. He will send signs, but if you are not willing to receive them, believe them, and act upon them, then you will not receive Him. When your talking about your faith, you are not supposed to be disrespectful in any nature towards another's beliefs. But at the same time, you do not need to "sugar-coat" anything, because when you believe, you should speak the same words to an atheist as you would a church filled of Christians. And to the guy that wants the tattoo- i have two, both on my feet. ones a cross with my grandfather's initials and the other is a rosary with my grandmothers. It's your body, you were granted with free will. But i agree with the one comment....what you put on there could be sinful. So just be careful.

answered by Guest | 02-16-2010 at 01:38 PM

This is a question many Christians struggle with. I believe tattooing falls into the category of "disputable matters" where the Bible is not clear. But wait a minute, you might be thinking. The Bible says in Leviticus 19:28, "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord." (NLT) How much clearer can that be?
It's important, however, to look at the verse in context. This passage in Leviticus, including the surrounding text, is specifically dealing with the pagan religious rituals of the people living around the Israelites. God’s desire is to set his people apart from other cultures. The focus here is prohibiting worldly, heathen worship and witchcraft. God forbids his holy people to engage in idolatrous, pagan worship and sorcery which imitates the heathens. He does this out of protection, because he knows this will lead them away from the one true God.

It's interesting to observe verse 26, "Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood," and verse 27, "Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards." Well, certainly many Christians today eat non-kosher meats and get haircuts without participating in the forbidden worship of pagans. Back then these customs were associated with pagan rites and rituals. Today they are not.

Hope that clears some stuff up

answered by Guest | 02-16-2010 at 09:39 PM

LOOK
I'm irish i have this prayer along with 5 others tattooed on my back this prayer might have been made up but news flash we were made out of something as well this prayer stands for me and my life you might all laugh about this but for some of us god has shown me things and gave me chances so for this i thank him get the tattoo but before you do go to mass and listin to what god teaches us threw 30 min listing if you walk out of church and have learned something well you deserve the tattoo.

answered by Guest | 02-21-2010 at 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh
Your a dumb ****, no it isn't

answered by Guest | 02-25-2010 at 06:25 PM

uh...

isn't this prayer kind of straight forward?

"we will kill the wicked in your name"

or are you just asking about the latin part?

answered by Guest | 02-27-2010 at 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizz View Post
haha Thats one hell of a prayer! hell, if someone wants that tattoed, go for it! I did! hahaha I dont even believe in god, its just one badass mesh of words. If someone wants to fck up their skin, let em. haha
You don't believe in God? Wouldn't you rather live life believing there is one, to find out there isn't, than to live life believing there isn't one, to find out there is?

answered by Guest | 02-28-2010 at 01:42 AM

Yeah man, it's not a sin to get a little bit of ink work done. I'm a christian and strong believer in GOD as well as these others. I have a shoulder piece that's religiously based. It's badass and i don't regret getting it for second! I love it!
But, still, it is a tattoo... It is going to be on you for life. So think about it for a while and make sure it's something you're absolutely positive you want and makes sense for you to have.
it wouldn't make much sense if someone got a tattoo of something they didn't understand and/or believe.
If you decide you DO want it to get it.... right on! That's a totally sick tattoo idea!
But if you find out that it's not really what you thought you wanted, no big deal, bro. There's TONS of other badass stuff just like it out there. You just have to find one that best works for you. It just takes a some time. And everyone knows, YOU NEVER RUSH TATTOOS. (Anyone with tattoos or tattoo artists will tell you that.)

Good luck with whatever you decide, man! Hope our posts are able to help you out with your decision!

answered by Guest | 03-02-2010 at 09:04 AM

my take on the "tattoos being a sin" garbage is this. don't churches and other temples have stained glass and such on their walls? since they are seem as holy building shouldn't they not be allowed to have things like that? i'm sure some of you are thinking, "but those are religious pictures that are stained on the glass. so it's ok." by that logic as long as the tat is religiously meaningful then it should be ok. yes, we are a temple but answer me this. what temple does not have religious symbols and icons in or on it? it basically boils down to people simply trying to find a condemnable fault in christians to justify their own doings.

answered by Guest | 03-05-2010 at 06:32 PM

Here is where everything gets confusing.

First of all. The Christian religion, what did it do in the medieval periods, when the templars were around? What wars were started in the name of God, against innocent people? Even the pope at that time ordered that the Templars be sought out, hunted down, and killed. The Templars were god-loving and god-fearing people. How can a religion be so blind to their own beliefs and "codes"? I'm not pagan, I'm not atheist, I'm simply a man who refuses to belong to any dogma of religion, until one of them gets it right.

Does God exist? I would like to think that there is something to it. Personally, i think the two people from the movie have done a helluva lot better than most religions have.

Il Duce's Prayers

"And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgment I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who has me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me among Thy saints ."

"Whosoever shed last blood. By man shall his blood be shed. For immunity of god make he the man. Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee among my favored sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven."

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god. "

that tells me right there that the only way a man could/should be killed, is protecting the innocent, and only in that way can a man kill anyone. The Boondock Saints prayer symbolizes those men and what they stood for. They realized that they cannot stand idly by while crime and corruption spread through the world. Most would refer to these men as true archangels. I say that most people should have this tattooed on them.

answered by Guest | 03-08-2010 at 01:32 AM

Religion is opiate for the masses. Many humans have such little faith in their own ability they need something to cling to.
Act as though judgment comes not from some Holy Ethereal Being but from those humans you have interacted with. Most important: remain able to meet your own stare in the mirror. To Thine Own Self Be True.
If there is a judgmental western style God waiting to give us our final reward our not, Live a life that will make other people sad you've left.
Isn't that reward enough?

answered by Misplaced Faith | 03-08-2010 at 02:28 AM

Do as you will, but hurt no one
I was born into a family that had different religions. When I was a child I asked My parents what religion I was. They told me that it was up to me to decide. Pretty much that everyone is trying to get to same place, and as long as they believe in something they should be OK. I'm good with science and I learned a lot of they're views on the subject. My moms catholic and I learned a lot of there beliefs. My dad that doesn't go to church, but My grandma that dedicated her life to it are a form of baptist I went to that church for Sunday school all my young life. I went to a true baptist church. some other out shoots of them. I learned some of a lot of other religions in my search for righteousness. In all of these I used the bible as my guide. from what I could tell is all religions have the right Idea of what the right way is. Being good to all of life the best you can. But most of them have just enough differences to disagree. Which is also in the bible in the story of the tower of Babel. But we still fight over stupid things in the name of religion. These small fights turn in to wars look at the world we live in. No one has the right to judge. The bible says so. "So do what you want, but hurt no one." If you live by this you can live all of the bibles laws. The crazy thing is its a pagan belief. But its more true to the bible than any of the religions I have researched. As for my search of righteousness, there is no religion I believe in. I believe in God by what ever name you want to call him. something started everything it didn't just happen. I try to live by the idea to not hurt anyone, or anything with in my means, but the only one that has the right to judge that is God himself/herself/itself. I will stand in front of God at judgment and say this is what I have done and am willing to accept what ever judgment you decide. Live by that and I believe you'll be OK. This is just my beliefs I don't hold it to anyone, its not my place to do that.

answered by Justin Tharp | 03-08-2010 at 08:53 AM

Moron and his tatoo
Stop trying to talk this guy out his brilliant idea. Who cares if he has decided to get a tattoo of manuscript that he has NO clue about it's meaning. Which came from a movie that he probably hasn't even seen. I'm sure it will look totally awesome right next to his tribal tattoo and his oriental calligraphy script that he thinks means "power and strength", but really means "Stupid & Clueless,Totally Un-Original White Guy". Not only is getting this tattoo a GREAT idea, but a GREAT tattoo like this, needs a GREAT spot on the body and there is no better spot on the body than the small of your back. This is assuming that you haven't already used this location for something equally as AWESOME! Oh Dear God, please, please, please, if there is really a higher power up above, or below, or wherever, please see to it that this guy gets the tattoo of his dreams and that we as his supporters are blessed with a follow up picture of the finished product! Amen.

answered by Guest | 03-10-2010 at 06:42 AM

A lot of people don't believe in God. There's abundant amount of religions to believe in and just because you don't believe in your GOD. Doesn't mean we all live off our BONGS.

answered by Guest | 03-11-2010 at 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
bad idea to get this tattooed on yourself, it's a prayer created by the movie director. the only part of the prayer from the bible is the last sentence. the last sentence would look cool tattooed in Latin. always double check the Latin spelling from a few different sources before having something tattooed on you. Good Luck
all u have to do is look, and you will find all those things in the bible.

answered by Guest | 03-11-2010 at 05:38 PM

lmao!!!

answered by Guest | 03-11-2010 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
evolution? religion? everyone will think what they will. For the religious people out there, just think God gave others the right to feel, and think differently from yourself, and for the scientific people out there, think of religion as a way for some people to deal with questions they do not have answers for. Either way, everyone is different, I'm not religious but i do have faith. So I guess I fall in the middle, lol. Oh and boondock saints 1 and 2 were amazing movies, I'm getting the tattoo as well.

you my friend may be one of the few reasonable people here

answered by Guest | 03-14-2010 at 06:38 AM

All you people are nuts lol its crazy how people get so worked up over religion......... It's just pathetic, and as for the prayer who gives a s*** if its not part of the bible it sounds cool, so I say get it tattooed lol....... Oh and how does one persons question turn into a religious war like seriously!!!!!!! And to the person who asked the question in the first place I can't tell you what it means and I know many people have tried but get it done for what you want and think it means!!!!!!

answered by Guest | 03-14-2010 at 07:32 AM

Religious war: Tattoo absent
Ok, so I just saw the boondock saint movie after a long wait and I thought "you know, that prayer sounds quite cool, I'd like to learn that by heart" So I googled it and found this little corner of the internet that has left the original topic of discussion and descended into topical debate.

If you ever needed a reason to get a tattoo then this message board is it.

Personally I hate christians, but that's because they are of the notion that I have to accept what they believe or I will be tortured forever in hell.

I also have a healthy disrespect for anyone that reads into religious text, misquotes religious text (whoever it was that posted something about ezekiel 25:17 may want to check what a bible has to say) or uses a religious text as some sort of foundation for the superiority of their argument.

The bible many things, a story, a battle plan, an inspiration to millions and yes, if it was written today it'd be a movie and it'd probably get a score of 16% on rotten tomatoes.

None of this entire argument, including my own pointless post has really answered the ultimate question....


DID YOU EVER GET THE TATTOO OR DID WE ALL JUST GET A LITTLE RILED UP OVER NOTHING?

answered by Diamond | 03-15-2010 at 04:44 AM

Ignorance makes religion a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about
You are ******* ignorant. Go preach somewhere else, or masturbat to a picture of Jesus.

answered by Guest | 03-15-2010 at 04:52 AM

No
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You don't believe in God? Wouldn't you rather live life believing there is one, to find out there isn't, than to live life believing there isn't one, to find out there is?
No

answered by Guest | 03-15-2010 at 04:55 AM

hmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You don't believe in God? Wouldn't you rather live life believing there is one, to find out there isn't, than to live life believing there isn't one, to find out there is?
I'm gonna go with the second option, less disappointment and life's more fun that way

answered by Guest | 03-16-2010 at 11:00 PM

your stupid
the prayer blatantly says that they're there to kill bad people in the name of GOD.....

answered by Guest | 03-17-2010 at 09:29 AM

How does a simple question about a tattoo become a religious discussion? For those of you that are religious remember Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. John 8:7. For those of you that are not religious remember to treat others the way you want to be treated.

answered by Guest | 03-17-2010 at 01:56 PM

haha
I like how this conversation went from a person asking someone to translate something, to a bunch of idiots arguing. go figure.

answered by Guest | 03-17-2010 at 02:13 PM

who the **** cares what other people think about the tat dude? Seriously, it is a bad ass prayer, quote, saying, whatever you fanatics want to call it. From a bass ass movie. BDS shall live on forever.

answered by Guest | 03-17-2010 at 08:27 PM

answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You don't believe in God? Wouldn't you rather live life believing there is one, to find out there isn't, than to live life believing there isn't one, to find out there is?
First: freaking waste of time and big disappointment... would be cursing for eternity
second: "So... you are real... good for you... what's next?"

answered by Guest | 03-17-2010 at 08:33 PM

most peoples tattoos are meaningless . i hope that this thread has helped him

answered by Guest | 03-17-2010 at 08:50 PM

Lol, really? I mean really? All this for a tattoo? Allow me to put it this way: Jesus had piercings, granted they were through his hands and feet, but that just makes him that much more hardcore than you'll EVER be! Do what you want, your body is just a temporary vessel for your infinite soul, have some fun with it!

answered by Guest | 03-18-2010 at 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tattoo kinda ironic huh
Please show me where in the bible that it is a sin to get a tattoo. REALLY, you looser.....

answered by Guest | 03-18-2010 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tattoo kinda ironic huh
everything to ******* christians and catholics is a ******* sin **** it

answered by Guest | 03-19-2010 at 09:44 AM

The Latin
Someone posted in January, "Actually the last part translates literally to "upon by name father and daughter and breath to sanctify" but has been modified over years." That's wrong. It deliberately chooses the most inappropriate meanings for words which have several, and leaves out half of the words indicated by word endings. The Latin for daughter is 'filia' (feminine), not 'filius' (masculine), which actually means son. (like the difference between hija and hijo in Spanish)
The first translation was correct. It's the end of Catholic prayers in Latin:
In Nomini Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
'In' in this context, an oath or supplication, means in or by
'Nomini' is a third declension masculine singular dative (the person to, for or in whose name something is done) form of nomen (name). It goes with in, so 'in the name' or 'by the name'
'Patris' is a third declension masculine singular genitive (of _____ ) form of pater (Father) 'in the name of the father'
et means and: 'in the name of the father and'
Filii is a first declension masculine singular genitive (of ______ ) form of filius (son) 'in the name of the father and of the son and'
Spiritus is a fourth declension masculine singular genitive (of _____ ) form of spiritus (breath, soul, life-force, spirit) 'in the name of the father and of the son and of the spirit'
Sancti is an adjective modifying spiritus. It is also singular and genitive, but it declines like first and second declension nouns, so it has the same 'i' ending as 'filii'. The nominative form is sanctus (sacred, holy) In Latin, it doesn't matter where you put the adjectives, but they tend to be placed after the nouns they modify, like in Spanish, rather than before, as in English. Adding the modifier gives us 'in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit'
The Latin is very specific that it is one name for all three beings, thus the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all one God, sharing a name.
The rest of the prayer seems pretty clear cut: the Saints will be like shepherds, tending God's 'flocks' -- humanity. Their power comes from God, and they will use it to carry out his commands -- the commandments (remember the courtroom scene? 'Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior...') They will send a constant river of souls back to God. Altogether, they will kill the wicked in the name of God, and they will not stop. The courtroom scene also makes it clear that they are not killing people based on their religion, but on their actions ('these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace', 'we will send you to whichever god you wish'), so it's not exactly limited to bad Christians...

answered by Guest | 03-19-2010 at 09:31 PM

Hey guys, let's argue about that of which has killed billions...or not.

answered by Guest | 03-20-2010 at 08:29 AM

response to #20
whoever posted #20 is a retard. yes we must respect and love each other but it also says in the bible that those responsible for mortal sin must be punished.. so really be quiet when you don't know what your taking about you tard!!!!!!!!

answered by Guest | 03-20-2010 at 08:58 AM

Tool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about
God is a creation of man for an explination of life and how it all came to be.

Religion is a tool to turn the masses into cattle, and to demand people to all fall into a line,
your god is no different then the "FALSE" idols of the past, you are just as the Greeks the Romans, and every other religion of the world, past and present, looking for reason to why we are here and how it happend, guess what, its dumb luck, your god cares not for you, because he does not exist. So shut up and stop bitching about people not being a tolld following a religion based of an all powerful azzhole, who kills people for being PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

You are no better then those you whine about, your religions teach intolerance and hate, More people have died for gods and religion then in any war!

And as for the tatt, Good idea, i like the prayer, it sounds cool, and who freaking cares what it looks like in 60 years,

answered by Briant | 03-22-2010 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
everything to ******* christians and catholics is a ******* sin **** it
I'm catholic ... i have plenty of tattoos.... ... the tattoo sounds good... go for it.....

answered by Guest | 03-22-2010 at 11:33 PM

The Saints are the S*** their prayer is the S*** so everyone get over it it was a kick ass movie

answered by Guest | 03-24-2010 at 12:44 PM

FIRST OF ALL. The Saints are Irish Catholic.
all of you ignorant f**ks can go F**K YOURSELVES. for those who believe it is a sin to get a tattoo, more cultures have tattooed their skin in the past for their God(s) than all the people you see with tattoos today!. for those who believe the prayer was made up by a director, you're just as ignorant. obviously you are not Irish, Sicilian, or any other European native. for those who don't believe in God, DON'T WATCH THE F****** MOVIE! if you don't like the beliefs or the metaphors for believe, then rent a different f****** movie. and don't get online talking sh*t about people who do believe in God and actually give a sh*t what happens to them after they die.

for those who don't believe in God, I'll be glad to put the pennies on your eyes after I send your worthless soul on the path to righteousness.

answered by IRA-Childress | 03-25-2010 at 09:44 PM

reply
Here's to the guy that said we didn't just appear from nothing that it had to be god that put everything here on earth. Well guess what buddy your wrong.AND here is my one question that will make you second guess everything. IF THERE IS ONE GOD ON CREATOR, WAT KIND OF ******* WOULD PUT HUMANS ON THIS PLANET... BEAUTIFUL PLANET WERE ALL LIVING THINGS LIVE OFF EACH OTHER AND HAVE A PURPOSE. WHY WOULD GOD PUT US HERE TO DESTROY THIS PLACE? Humans are THE ONLY LIVING THING THAT HAS DESTROYED THIS PLANET. Come on people if there was a god y r there so many different religions from all different cultures and everyone says the next is wrong. Do u know who wrote the bible. Religion was forced upon u as a child and so were your parents and there parents and there parents and so forth. From what the bible says god would not of wanted religion to be what is today. TO ME AND ITS MY OPINION. The bible is a story and a good one but that is all it is. SERIOUSLY next time you go outside take a look around we are bacteria taking over this planet and killing off everything in our way. Just live life. Worship the planet animals and plants. Respect it. It is what is keeping us alive, NOT RELIGION. Religion is just something that gives people hope. Something to base your values off of. Take psychedelics you will understand. IN most Indian cultures at the age of 13 you would take a heavy dose of psychedelics and sent off into nature and when you returned to the village you would return as an adult. With a clean new perspective on life and what it really means. And if your one of those people that say that's a drug and u should go to jail for it. YOUR just another person that's listen to everything our corrupt government tells you. be your own person. Explore this beautiful planet see everything that you can before they dig it up fill it in and blow it away with there useless bombs. AND BY THE WAY HELL YEAH TO GETTING THAT TATTOO everyone should feel the way the saints do. Maybe it would be safe to walk down the street at night. COULD ONLY DREAM OF THAT PLACE!!!

answered by Guest | 03-27-2010 at 08:24 AM

you all are something else for real i mean all this person wonted to know was what the hell that meant
he didn't say if God was real or not hell i know that there is a God out there but who are we to say that there is only one, i believe that there are more than one God but i only worship God

answered by Guest | 03-29-2010 at 09:30 PM

i am god..there you have it..I'm god and your all going to hell

answered by Guest | 03-31-2010 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moez View Post
I can understand where you are coming from, but I must say that you don't truly know what you are talking about either. Yes, some people don't believe in God because they have totally screwed everything and don't understand the "if there was a god why would I go through this?" I have personally been there, and I also understand to some people choose to be ignorant and not believe because they don't feel like putting forth the effort to find out what different cultures believe. With all of this you must also understand that some people don't believe because it can be proven wrong and the reasoning "it's an act of God" just doesn't cut it for people that analyze everything that comes along. What bothers me is when people that are religious judge those who are not and don’t accept them, even if their reasoning is bad. The reason why people don’t believe shouldn’t be the issue, people should be able to get passed things like this because it is a personal choice.
Irony: "What bothers me is when people that are religious judge those who are not..." is written just a couple sentences after "some people choose to be ignorant". So because someone doesn't have the same belief as you, they're ignorant. Um... isn't that judging?

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 02:40 AM

All have way too much time on your hands
For those who do not believe in God or are atheist...umm...what stops you from doing anything? Like robbing banks and killing people...other people...well if there is no God then what makes one mortal human have more power over you...another moral human being? If you believe in no God then you have none to answer to except just stupid other moral humans! What great power makes them superior like the president for example...hes just another guy...he has no power over you for you are on the same spiritual level!

For those who believe in God continue to do his work and serve him as you always have. God gave us free will fro us to use it. Also with giving us free will he wants us to live our lives to the fullest and with the most rightful pleasure we can.

For the innocent person who got all caught up in this mess just asking a simple question about a tattoo and a prayer, you seem pretty smart so just ignore all this other BS and do what you want. If you want to tattoo a pig on your forehead eating a hot dog then why not? NEVER let other peoples thoughts or opinions stop you from being YOU!

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 08:18 AM

what if it was one guy with six guns? ........i love this movie, i love this prayer, and it still amazes me how many people hate Christ....just this one small discussion on what a prayer means has turned into another opportunity for non believers to make it known that they believe god is a scam, a hoax, and a fraud....

this is because they have closed their mind to the true purpose of all mankind, and turned away from their father and his plan for salvation. they are oblivious to their greater purpose to serve god, and this is why deep down these people hate. they hate themselves, their lives, and anyone around them that shows signs of faith because they truly do not understand and will not open their heart to the possibility there is a god that loves them. i quote from someone earlier:

"personally i hate Christians, but that's because they are of the notion that i have to accept what they believe or i will be tortured forever in hell. "

non believers have this crazy notion that we as Christians preach "if you do not believe in god you will go to hell." and while it is fact that non believers will be cast into the lake of fire, our true message is to believe so that you may live. living with a purpose to serve is a wonderful fulfilling life in the presence of god, and for those who have never experienced it, you are truly missing out on your greater purpose....once you have realized it is not about you and about serving god, you begin to have peace.

many will say "i will not waste my life serving god, when god has never given me anything." you cannot force your hand on god, how arrogant we must feel, but i assure you god will have the final say, whatever it may be....i pray for all who have commented on this discussion, and for those that do not believe. may god pierce your hardened heart so you may see the true power and love of god for you and your families....

PS....Boondock saints was awesome.....

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
whoever posted #20 is a retard. yes we must respect and love each other but it also says in the bible that those responsible for mortal sin must be punished.. so really be quiet when you don't know what your taking about you tard!!!!!!!!
why do you make rude comments to other peoples comments yes he is wrong because yes people who do bad things should be punished but you should respect his right to freedom of speech and respect him trying to stop these people fighting for no good reason at all.

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA-Childress View Post
FIRST OF ALL. The Saints are Irish Catholic.
all of you ignorant f**ks can go F**K YOURSELVES. for those who believe it is a sin to get a tattoo, more cultures have tattooed their skin in the past for their God(s) than all the people you see with tattoos today!. for those who believe the prayer was made up by a director, you're just as ignorant. obviously you are not Irish, Sicilian, or any other European native. for those who don't believe in God, DON'T WATCH THE F****** MOVIE! if you don't like the beliefs or the metaphors for believe, then rent a different f****** movie. and don't get online talking **** about people who do believe in God and actually give a **** what happens to them after they die.

for those who don't believe in God, I'll be glad to put the pennies on your eyes after I send your worthless soul on the path to righteousness.
now you see that was very rude. for someone who follows a religion. which from your post i will guess that you do you should really not be so mean to other people and call other people worthless because if it is true that they are worthless then from that logic all of us are worthless including you. weather we believe in any religion or not if one of us is worthless we all shall be. and from the looks of our world as it has become because of us i would say we are not worthless we are just ignorant to our planet, our world, our home.

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA-Childress View Post
FIRST OF ALL. The Saints are Irish Catholic.
all of you ignorant f**ks can go F**K YOURSELVES. for those who believe it is a sin to get a tattoo, more cultures have tattooed their skin in the past for their God(s) than all the people you see with tattoos today!. for those who believe the prayer was made up by a director, you're just as ignorant. obviously you are not Irish, Sicilian, or any other European native. for those who don't believe in God, DON'T WATCH THE F****** MOVIE! if you don't like the beliefs or the metaphors for believe, then rent a different f****** movie. and don't get online talking sh*t about people who do believe in God and actually give a sh*t what happens to them after they die.

for those who don't believe in God, I'll be glad to put the pennies on your eyes after I send your worthless soul on the path to righteousness.
although i do agree with your other statement about the prayer being true

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
what if it was one guy with six guns? ........i love this movie, i love this prayer, and it still amazes me how many people hate Christ....just this one small discussion on what a prayer means has turned into another opportunity for non believers to make it known that they believe god is a scam, a hoax, and a fraud....

this is because they have closed their mind to the true purpose of all mankind, and turned away from their father and his plan for salvation. they are oblivious to their greater purpose to serve god, and this is why deep down these people hate. they hate themselves, their lives, and anyone around them that shows signs of faith because they truly do not understand and will not open their heart to the possibility there is a god that loves them. i quote from someone earlier:

"personally i hate Christians, but that's because they are of the notion that i have to accept what they believe or i will be tortured forever in hell. "

non believers have this crazy notion that we as Christians preach "if you do not believe in god you will go to hell." and while it is fact that non believers will be cast into the lake of fire, our true message is to believe so that you may live. living with a purpose to serve is a wonderful fulfilling life in the presence of god, and for those who have never experienced it, you are truly missing out on your greater purpose....once you have realized it is not about you and about serving god, you begin to have peace.

many will say "i will not waste my life serving god, when god has never given me anything." you cannot force your hand on god, how arrogant we must feel, but i assure you god will have the final say, whatever it may be....i pray for all who have commented on this discussion, and for those that do not believe. may god pierce your hardened heart so you may see the true power and love of god for you and your families....

PS....Boondock saints was awesome.....
okay. how do i go about this. why do all religious people have to try and make people believe in what they want then to believe in. i believe that sure there is a chance there may be a god or a higher spiritual being watching us but no i refuse to believe non believers with be cast to a so called "lake of fire" i believe that this higher spiritual being would never be so heartless as to do that if he truly was what you say he is. and i REFUSE to got to a damned church. the church was just created to go and worship the higher spiritual being you believed in until some fat greedy F*ck wanted to make some money by lying to people saying " oh please wash away your sins by giving me your hard earned money so i can tell you it goes to god and it is for god. when really that is completely impossible because god or the higher spiritual being IS A ******* GOD OR HIGHER SPIRITUAL BEING HE NEEDS NO ******* MONEY HE IS NOT ******* HUMAN! HOLY **** AND if there is a god or higher spiritual being, and if he did in fact create us i do not believe he would want us to spend our lives SERVING HIM AND it is not even ******* close to a fact that non believers will be cast into the lake of fire life is to dam short for people to sit around worshiping and serving a god or spiritual being. stop thinking that just because u believe in your religion that you are better then everyone else. why cant u just accept that there is a ******* chance that you might not be completely right and that maybe everyone is right in there own way. have you people looked around you read about the past seem how horrible religion has been for man kind look at us we have killed people through the ages just for thinking differently because of religion. and i agree with the guy who was talking about god wouldn't have put us in this world. we ruined it. although maybe he did and just thought we might be smarter then we turned out to be. if you are truly a worshiper of your god then why not live as god would want you to. go burn/smash/ sell your home take maybe your bible or what ever and your cross and a few family memory's and i guess something to cook with and a box of matches make your self a wooden hut buy some animals get some rags as cloths quit your job and live as a peasant. live as one of the wild. and if not why don't you shut your bull **** talking mouth

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
okay. how do i go about this. why do all religious people have to try and make people believe in what they want then to believe in. i believe that sure there is a chance there may be a god or a higher spiritual being watching us but no i refuse to believe non believers with be cast to a so called "lake of fire" i believe that this higher spiritual being would never be so heartless as to do that if he truly was what you say he is. and i REFUSE to got to a damned church. the church was just created to go and worship the higher spiritual being you believed in until some fat greedy F*ck wanted to make some money by lying to people saying " oh please wash away your sins by giving me your hard earned money so i can tell you it goes to god and it is for god. when really that is completely impossible because god or the higher spiritual being IS A ******* GOD OR HIGHER SPIRITUAL BEING HE NEEDS NO ******* MONEY HE IS NOT ******* HUMAN! HOLY **** AND if there is a god or higher spiritual being, and if he did in fact create us i do not believe he would want us to spend our lives SERVING HIM AND it is not even ******* close to a fact that non believers will be cast into the lake of fire life is to dam short for people to sit around worshiping and serving a god or spiritual being. stop thinking that just because u believe in your religion that you are better then everyone else. why cant u just accept that there is a ******* chance that you might not be completely right and that maybe everyone is right in there own way. have you people looked around you read about the past seem how horrible religion has been for man kind look at us we have killed people through the ages just for thinking differently because of religion. and i agree with the guy who was talking about god wouldn't have put us in this world. we ruined it. although maybe he did and just thought we might be smarter then we turned out to be. if you are truly a worshiper of your god then why not live as god would want you to. go burn/smash/ sell your home take maybe your bible or what ever and your cross and a few family memory's and i guess something to cook with and a box of matches make your self a wooden hut buy some animals get some rags as cloths quit your job and live as a peasant. live as one of the wild. and if not why don't you shut your bull **** talking mouth
first, you are wrong to say " i believe that this higher spiritual being would never be so heartless as to do that if he truly was what you say he is. " he has told us he would destroy those who would not follow him, he tells us that over, and over, and over in his word. but he gives us all a plan to lead us out of darkness and evil and into his loving arms so we do not have to perish....he tells us what we are and what we must do to be saved. but do not mistake it, he will punish those that do not call upon him, that has been his promise....but, it is also his promise to give us all the same chance for redemption...by serving him on this temporary vessel we call a life so that we gain eternal salvation with him in heaven. our sacrifice is now.

and if you really want to know why Christians are always in your face trying to get you to believe, it is because we love you and want you to be saved. if the one person you loved more than anyone else was about to die, and you could save them, wouldn't you try to save them with every ounce of your being. i know you would, as would we all. that is what a christian wants to accomplish. we only want to uphold gods commandment to spread the good news and save as many as we can.

i am sorry you don't see church as you do. i see a glorious place where god moves and helps those in great need. where people gather together to praise his name helping those that are poor, homeless, tired, broken, and all kinds of other crap that infects who we are...my point is, if you have never tried to reach out to god, how do you really know he is not there. there is a reason billions of people believe, that is not coincidence, that is real...

i am not sorry for believing in god...i am proud to belong to him. he is not my god, he is our god....weather you believe in him or not, he believes in you....and one day, we will be face to face with him...and we will answer to him....at that moment, will you really say, i don't believe...at that moment you will believe with every fiber of your soul, and you will fall to your knees, as will i, begging forgiveness for being so close minded, hard hearth ed, and arrogant...

suggested bible quotes: psalms 100, psalms 121, proverbs 3:5, mark 12:28-31, matthew 5:1-12, matthew 6:33, matthew 16:26, matthew 19:26, matthew 25:35-45, john 2:15-16,john 5:24, john 14:6, romans 6:23, hebrews 13:2......i could go on and on...

answered by Guest | 04-02-2010 at 12:33 AM

not a sin
not a sin to get a tattoo moron

1st samuel 16:7, revelation 19 the whole chapter,

study stuff before you start saying incorrect things only thing that is a sin is to mark your body with scars of false idols it dealt with pagan gods like babel and god not wanting people to get babels mark on their bodies, read the bible or history before speaking out and you probably wonder why so many people dislike Christians


I'm a christian proud of it i don't preach it and look down on others or get on a pedestal and l judge every one that isn't a christian every one has free will and a different understanding of life with god or without i have plenty of friends that are a cult (a cult meaning members of the satanic following or extreme atheists) i accept them just fine because they study their craft and can intelligently defend it not just spew out incorrect facts about other religions and hateful incomplete sentences without any philosophical meaning or a standpoint on their believes just a hateful sentence with no meaning at all *high five* you can act like a two year old pitching a fit because you don't like what some one said (this goes for both sides of the argument) if maybe you could try an intelligent approach and I don't know do research gather facts and discuss it like grown ups maybe we wouldn't have so much animosity towards each others beliefs


and

the movie makes a lot of sense, judgment of the wicked and such which is other countries this is how it is dealt with, "occams razor" effect cut out the wicked and corrupt form society to build better communities and standards of living for future and present generations frederick nieztche also had the same standpoint except more extreme these are the themes of the movie though it goes far beyond simple vigilante tactics or a shoot em up movie its a lot more deeper
about people making a difference and opening theirs eyes to what they can actually accomplish

OK and if you say cussing is a sin it says in the bible don't take gods name in vein only "curse words" or bad words only reason we have cuss words is because in feudalistic systems language was significantly different in each social class separation a cured when the rich and feudal lords looked down on the surfs (slaves for all you uneducated folk) and determined that their sentence structures and grammar were not proper for the time and period. now the majority of cuss words today are all words that used to have upstanding meaning "****" an abbreviated for "Fornication under consent of the king" which was stamped on non infected bubonic plague survivors allowing them to continue to procreate, a "****" was a rich widow looking for a man to inherit her land and estate also described as a beautiful woman or appealing to the eye, ass was a donkey and so forth. so there your argument on cussing as a sin is busted


and as for Catholicism it is different than Christianity in a sense that man made a few new rules like 1. repenting through a priest and not directly through god, which in the bible it says only forgiveness through god not a middle man. and Catholics changed a lot of things religious wise but a lot of that changed with martin Luther's thesis he nailed to the churches wall

so just a small history and philosophy/theology lesson

and final thing for Christians not reading your bibles and such not practicing good christian character i think your forgetting a valuable part of your faith that all sins are equal in gods eyes so your sins aren't different than a non believer and your not to judge any one but other Christians if an atheist isn't going to listen to you don't waste your breathe say, OK that's your point of view have a nice day, don't be a DBAG and force it upon them if they don't wanna hear it witnessing to them is use less MATT 7:6

answered by Guest | 04-02-2010 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tattoo kinda ironic huh
Actually it says don't mark your body for dead in the old testament and it was talking to one group of people (forgot name) like the Jewish counsel was to be circumsized but others there is no rule, and when Jesus died we no longer use OT law

so it can be argued either way that tattoos are a sin
(by the way in revelations it says Jesus will have a tat on his right thigh so if the sinless one has a tat then I'm pretty sure its not a sin)

answered by Guest | 04-03-2010 at 01:04 AM

And now I've seen everything. A thread about the MacManus prayer turns into a theological debate.

answered by Guest | 04-05-2010 at 05:41 AM

Tattoos aren't intrinsically sinful. What you have tattooed on you may very well be, but the tattoo itself isn't actually wrong. That said, you should think long and hard about any tattoo you want to get. If you're sure you really, really want the tattoo, then go for it, by all means.

answered by Sparrow | 04-05-2010 at 07:11 PM

.
It's stupid to say that it's a sin to get tattoos it's an art form and the tattoo means something to people like it you have a portrait of someone you love it shows you love them or tell about your life just like the last supper it's just a more modern art form. Plus in the movie the had tattoos you saying they sinned they killed sinners. Yes it is a movie but still it's saying don't sin or you will come back for you. A lit of religion are based of the same thing an after world enlightenment heaven hell. Most all religions believe there is good and bad and what you do in this life will reflect you after life even it reincarnation you go down the level if bad. It would be a sick tattoo and also so the people saying it's a sin so if I got a tattoo of saint Michael how brought the devil to hell in christian faith is that sin and I'm going to hell no it does not.

answered by Guest | 04-06-2010 at 06:30 AM

lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tattoo kinda ironic huh
If its a sin look how many people are sinners wow, a hell of a lot huh?

answered by alex | 04-08-2010 at 05:39 AM

boondock saints prayer
OK, the prayer in this movie should actually be in the bible (at least in my opinion), bc the meaning behind it is honestly really good and i think what the Boondocks Saints do is a very right thing to do. Sadly its only a movie and not real but if there was really Boondock Saints id say what they do is amazing and they're taking bad people out of this world which is def. a good thing.

answered by Guest | 04-09-2010 at 02:51 AM

yep
you guys are stupid thinking if someone doesn't believe in god there horrible i hate those people who got to church and think there better than everyone else and there is no god cause there's a Little thing called evolution and we came god didn't just poof everything here so get it through your head besides religion is the reason why our world is ****** up with wars cause everyone believes in other things

answered by Guest | 04-12-2010 at 01:53 PM

ll Duce
If You Haven't Already Gotten Your Tat Yet, Might I Suggest You Add The End Of Il Duce's Prayer

“Never Shall Innocent Blood Be Shed. Yet The Blood Of The Wicked Shall Flow Like A River. The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings”

answered by Tat | 04-13-2010 at 12:16 AM

The only thing worse than an intolerant religious individual is an intolerant atheist individual aha. Just a brief history lesson there, war is a part of human nature and culture. In every culture since the beginning whether you believe in a remote place in Africa where Man first began or in the teachings of religions there have always been war and conflict. Religion does not create war, merely exploits it and gives a "justifiable" reason to fight. Regardless if there was no religion and Atheism was the way of the world there would be separate Atheist groups fighting over which is the right idea and philosophy to follow. Stupid people anger me. The key to us not blowing ourselves up is Doubt. Assuming infallibility is the problem, whether it be that you are SURE there is a god or you are SURE there is no god is the exact same fault and the truth is, you do not know. I liked the little point about evolution though which unfortunately even evolution has holes in it but what religion is even hypothetically practical? Just gives more evidence to my idea of doubt =).
"Religion is the opiate of the masses"- Karl Marx. Aha, but if there was no religion it would be "_______ is the opiate of the masses", ahah, following?

On another note, Boondock Saints was an unreal movie, loved it and the Prayer is solid. Tattoos should be something meaningful and inspiring so I could see how this prayer could satisfy that. Goodluck.

answered by Jesus. | 04-13-2010 at 09:37 PM

holy shlt
god is made up! just like Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.
i believe in a higher power, just not the "god" you all speak of.
false hope and the addiction to searching.


I WANT THE HAND OF "GOD" TO COME AND STRIKE ME DOWN!!!!
.....where is your ******* god.

answered by Guest | 04-16-2010 at 09:10 AM

fist of all, 80 is retarded, second, all of you get a life

answered by Guest | 04-16-2010 at 06:53 PM

you all are stupid f****. stop bickering about how you're sucking "gods" **** and get over yourselves. Don't be a **** just because someone doesn't share the same views as you do. Aren't you supposed to be tolerant or some ****? i don't know, most of you just sound like winey little *******, i kept thinking about why the hell you bother starting talk of religion when he just wanted to know about a prayer. give him what he wants

right on brother get the saints prayer on your **** if you want, **** em man

answered by Guest | 04-18-2010 at 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
its not a sin to get a tat, its just frowned upon, yes your body is a temple of god but i know priests with tattoos, so its not a sin just frowned upon and it depends on the priests belief on tattoos
Actually it is a sin. You are not supposed to alter your body in anyway. technically, plastic surgery, tattoos, and piercings are all sins. God made you the way you are, if he wanted to to look different you'd have been made that way. by adding body modifications, you are basically telling god you dont like how he made you.

i personally dont care, and have tattoos and piercings, but this is what i have been told by some very hardcore Christians.

answered by Guest | 04-19-2010 at 08:59 PM

???
"You are ******* ignorant. Go preach somewhere else, or masturbat to a picture of Jesus."

Whoever said that, I seriously hope you rot in hell. You seriously have to be ****** up in the head to say something like that.

answered by Guest | 04-25-2010 at 05:10 PM

I think it is a great idea and i will be getting one too, i'm either going to get the end of the family prayer "In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti" or i will be getting one of the II Duce's Prayer's
"Never Shall Innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god"

Get it done man

answered by Guest | 04-26-2010 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about
Dude, shut tup. I have read the bible and done my homework. The more I learned the more ridiculous the concept became... Do you still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy? Maybe even the Easter bunny!? Its absurd to me that people around me really believe in the virgin birth, a talking snake, a beautiful and perfect paradise of a garden, a father that you can't see nor talk to, and a bible full of one contradiction after another. There's hundreds of different versions of the bible, and they all have their own take on what happened. The New Testament completely demolished the old testament by contradicting EVERYTHING the old testament said. They did this because times had changed after our world war, and they needed a new way to control people. All in all, religion kills 100x more people than it saves. Something is not right here, and if you can't see that, you are just blind.

Anyways, love the movie and the prayer is amazing. Just make sure they spell everything right. I got a friend who just had a sentence tattooed on her back and two words were completely missing vital letters. Be careful who does your tat and that the stencil is written properly.

answered by Guest | 04-26-2010 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Actually it is a sin. You are not supposed to alter your body in anyway. technically, plastic surgery, tattoos, and piercings are all sins. God made you the way you are, if he wanted to to look different you'd have been made that way. by adding body modifications, you are basically telling god you dont like how he made you.

i personally dont care, and have tattoos and piercings, but this is what i have been told by some very hardcore Christians.
Well the ironic part is that you also have hair on your head that you can alter... if you cut your hair in your lifetime to a new style, I guess that's a sin too, cause you don't like the hairstyle god gave you... Its stupid. Religion IS the root of all evil.

answered by Guest | 04-26-2010 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about
Hmmm, The guy you wrote this about stated a polite statement about his beliefs, and you reply with a threat of hell?!? That's not very christian of you!

ps. use punctuation!!!

answered by Guest | 04-27-2010 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Actually it is a sin. You are not supposed to alter your body in anyway. technically, plastic surgery, tattoos, and piercings are all sins. God made you the way you are, if he wanted to to look different you'd have been made that way. by adding body modifications, you are basically telling god you dont like how he made you.

i personally dont care, and have tattoos and piercings, but this is what i have been told by some very hardcore Christians.
So why am I wearing cloths???

answered by Guest | 04-27-2010 at 04:50 PM

Response
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Dude, shut up. I have read the bible and done my homework. The more I learned the more ridiculous the concept became... Do you still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy? Maybe even the Easter bunny!? Its absurd to me that people around me really believe in the virgin birth, a talking snake, a beautiful and perfect paradise of a garden, a father that you can't see nor talk to, and a bible full of one contradiction after another. There's hundreds of different versions of the bible, and they all have their own take on what happened. The New Testament completely demolished the old testament by contradicting EVERYTHING the old testament said. They did this because times had changed after our world war, and they needed a new way to control people. All in all, religion kills 100x more people than it saves. Something is not right here, and if you can't see that, you are just blind.

Anyways, love the movie and the prayer is amazing. Just make sure they spell everything right. I got a friend who just had a sentence tattooed on her back and two words were completely missing vital letters. Be careful who does your tat and that the stencil is written properly.
There is a huge difference between reading the Bible and understanding the Bible. Of course when you read the old testament you will be blown away by things like a snake that talks, a perfect Eden, and the virgin birth. In today's society its hard not to think that these things are crazy and impossible, but that's where faith steps in. Its nearly impossible to believe in God if you read the Bible closed minded. I know it sounds like co pout, but faith is makes all the difference. Satan will blind those who try to see the truth. If you are a nonbeliever who begins to read the Bible just to say they read it and argue their points, well...you have another thing coming. I have been raised in the Church my entire life and I have question my faith just as you have question my faith. I now attend a christian college and am currently taking Bible courses and let me tell you something, if you think that because you have read the Bible you now know everything about it and understand it you dont know anything. I have been reading the Bible my entire life and i still have a lot to learn. I had to write a paper about a verse that was a couple sentences long. Do you know how much research i had to do to understand that verse. I mean you have to go into exegetial, heremeutical, literal, historical context and pull it all together. Its not easy. There are a lot of literal and historical context that we cannot relate with because we simply know nothing about it. The bible is so much more than a story about a couple getting kicked of Eden, a virgin birth, and a talking snake! If you have really read it you would see the what I'm talking about. And as for all the translations saying different thing...its not true. There are tons of manuscripts tracing throughout history and they all say almost exactly the same things. At the most the words are changed, but the meaning is still very much the same. Look up the dead sea scrolls. I challenge you to actually do your homework. There are people who dedicate their lives to this so don't tell me your homework is done, it has probably not even started yet.

answered by Guest | 04-27-2010 at 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
honestly i don't believe in the whole religion thing and as for not getting it tatted because a director wrote is crap go for it. remember some guy wrote the bible if there was movies thousands of years ago there would be no bible it would be a movie and it probably would be just like the boondock saints buts that's just my opinion. and if someone got a problem with it email me
Some guy did not write the Bible. The bible is a collection of different books written by lots of different people throughout history, but they were all inspired by the holy spirit. God laid on their heart what he wanted written and they wrote it. I know you don't believe it, and i know i cannot prove the God inspiring part but the part that can be proven is the fact that one man did not write the bible. The bible has had a very complex life. It was not something thrown together. It took many many years and there are tons of manuscripts to back it up. My main point is just to let you know that it wasn't just some guy. Its actually pretty interesting if you want to look it up.

answered by Guest | 04-27-2010 at 08:50 PM

just a thought
all of you are wrong, none of you exist, you are all figments of my imagination with pre-programmed responses to one another's comments, none of you are capable of free thinking just a list of responses pulled from a database stored in my infinite mind of wonder and crazy thoughts. I WILL DELETE YOU.

answered by Guest | 04-30-2010 at 10:06 AM

your body is a temple, but how long can someone live in the same house before they redecorate?

answered by Guest | 04-30-2010 at 01:39 PM

Its Your Opinion
In life we are given choices and decisions, that could be influenced by friends, family or what have you. Its not right for someone to knock down another person for what he or she believes. If a man/women whats to get a tattoo let him. His body not yours. This discussion is and should remain a way to let ones beliefs known to another. So let yourself be moved by one man, or let yourself despise another. Don't try to bash someones stand point. Let him speak, then you return with your reply. Let us be, what we are. A group of free individuals that decide what is best for us and only ourselves are to blame.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti - Let, us be...

answered by Guest | 05-01-2010 at 06:29 PM

Everyone is different, everyone believes in something different. just like the many people who have said above, others should not say what is right and what is wrong. No one has the right to judge other people based on their beliefs since you in turn will be judged by others as well. but to sum it up, despite if the prayer is fake or not, it is a pretty sweet couple of lines. Boondock Saints 1 and 2 are by far some of the greatest movies ever made. Just be sure you want the tat because once it's on, it's on for good.

answered by Guest | 05-02-2010 at 05:51 PM

all I'm going to say is that i have a friend who got that same prayer on his right arm back in 2003, a few months later he was sent of to Iraq. needless to say he saw and had to do some pretty f@#k up sh@$. he came back after serving almost two years, and that tat had more meaning to him then ever, so f@@k what everybody else says and what they believe, its your body, do what you want . who knows it just might protect you.

answered by Guest | 05-05-2010 at 06:02 AM

wow all of this just from a guys asking what the boondock saints prayer means. you guys need a life. and the reason we are here isn't because god just sat us on the earth its called evolution. you all came from a little organism. dont get me wrong i believe in a higher power but if u really think that some dude just threw a bunch of people on a planet your all id iots

answered by TJ stockwell | 05-07-2010 at 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about
This quote has me a bit confused. If it didn't appear from nothing then you are saying it always existed. Even in the bible it says God spoke it into existence. Meaning it came from nothing. If you believe in the big bang theory again it says it started with nothing. Every way you try to explain it everything came from nothing. Another thing that puzzles me is in my faith (which is christian) They teach tolerance and understanding. Even to those of a different belief. We are meant to teach what we know so that they can make an informed choice on their path. To insult and tell people they are going to hell is in itself a sin. After all who is going to listen to someone when they are "pissed off" about someone not falling in lockstep with their beliefs. If you would like to learn more about real faith I would be happy to teach you what I know. I would also like to hear what you have to say.

answered by Guest | 05-09-2010 at 07:16 AM

to tj stockwell, it must me nice living so high up on your pedestal. i think you need to take your own advice

answered by Guest | 05-11-2010 at 01:06 AM

it's a good prayer spoken by good (fictional) men. why would you guys bring god into this ? do you have some fetish for arguing and some of u got it out for god? wtf people grow the f*** up I'm pretty sure this isn't a bunch of 16 year olds arguing is it?

answered by zerodaklown | 05-11-2010 at 04:23 PM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.