Are The Little Rascals Still Alive?

Are all of the classic little rascals dead or still alive?
I heard Alfalfa, Spanky and Buckwheat are dead. Is there any more dead? Is alfalfa, spanky and buckwheat actully dead or are they still alive? Please give me a list of who is dead. I was such a fan when I was a little kid.

asked by Matthew in Movies | 28125 views | 11-15-2009 at 07:15 PM

Not all are still alive.

Many of the cast members of the original Little Rascals series failed to duplicate their success as adult actors. Some decided to return to less public profiles after the series ended, while other found themselves hopelessly typecast. Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer was especially troubled by his Little Rascals past, only appearing in a handful of mostly forgettable movies before his untimely death.

"Spanky" McFarland worked primarily in the construction field, but did make frequent appearances at "Little Rascals" fan events and conventions. Darla Hood became a minor television star and entertainer, but largely retired from show business for health and family reasons. She later succumbed to cancer.

answered by David | 11-15-2009 at 07:20 PM

Uhhh, no, the actors of the little rascals film are not dead! What century are you from!?! Anyways, the main boy who played Alfalfa (I can't remember his name) was actually in a movie with Lindsay Lohan called "Get a clue". So the answer is no, the actors are not dead. I'm guessing they're about 18 or 20 years old, but I look it up to check their age(I was also a big fan of the little rascals to!)

answered by Abigail Breslin :) | 06-05-2010 at 01:47 AM

little rascals
you're ignorant agagail. your thinking of the little rascals movie that came out in the mid 1990's. the original little rascals and our gang was from the 1920's through 1940's. you obviously are too young to know this. little rascals are not from the 1990's they were around before i was born and even before your parents were born. and yes alfalfa switzer is dead. he was killed by a fellow rascals actor who stabbed him to death over an argument of $10.00 bucks. the ReMAKE you speak of was a spoof movie that was done in the mid 90's. although it was cute, it was nothing like the real little rascals from the day. your the second person this week who thinks the little rascals started with this bogus movie. the originals are truly hard to find. bill cosby bought the rights to the show as he thought it was racist. they just in recent years are being released to dvd and to the public. sorry to burst your bubble. and spanky mcfarlane is one of the only ones still alive. i think the girl who played darla died in the 80's. you should do some research on this and see what you can find on the internet. you would bve surprised what the real actual show was like.

answered by Guest | 06-15-2010 at 02:57 PM

Okay, I'm very sorry about that, it's just I love that movie, and I think it is better than the original. I was a bit confused by why someone would ask this question, because WELL YEAH, THEY'RE GOING TO BE DEAD IF THEY'RE LIKE FROM THE 1920'S! I'm a big actress and I value old movies and actresses.
P.S. I highly recommend you see "My Sister's Keeper" Cameron and Sof worked so hard on it! (I play Anna! lol)

answered by Abigail Breslin | 06-24-2010 at 02:20 AM

you also have your facts mixed up
alfalfa pulled out a knife and a man who owed him 50 dollars shot him. it was not a fellow actor. up to 2009 11 of the 50 plus our gang "little rascals" are alive. and to say that the dumb movie from the nineties was better than the original is absurd. the 2 cannot be compared.

answered by Guest | 07-03-2010 at 02:38 PM

No, Spanky Is Not Alive.
He died in the early 90's. Jackie Cooper & Robert Blake are still alive. Don't know who else.
Should get your fact straight before you start correcting people.

answered by Guest | 10-14-2010 at 09:42 AM

dreynolds44
Robert Widmer who appeared in several of the 1926 episodes is still alive and is in a VA nursing home in Florida. Widmer played "Whitey". Widmer was in the Army in WWII

answered by Guest | 11-24-2010 at 12:46 AM

Alfalfa
The actor who played Alfalfa was murdered years ago. If you saw him it was his Ghost.

answered by Guest | 01-01-2011 at 03:10 AM

Alfalfa Passed Away in 1959 at the age of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Breslin :) View Post
Uhhh, no, the actors of the little rascals film are not dead! What century are you from!?! Anyways, the main boy who played Alfalfa (I can't remember his name) was actually in a movie with Lindsay Lohan called "Get a clue". So the answer is no, the actors are not dead. I'm guessing they're about 18 or 20 years old, but I look it up to check their age(I was also a big fan of the little rascals to!)
I believe the question was referring to the original "Little Rascals" from the 1930's/1940's. You might want to be clear on your "facts" before you start spouting off to people on here. That was just uncalled for, in my opinion.

Carl 'Alfalfa' Switzer is indeed dead. He passed away in 1959 at the age of 31. If you read the cast of "Get a Clue" he is not listed. If you do not believe me, you can visit his grave. He is buried at Hollywood Memorial Park (now Hollywood Forever), 6000 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, California.

fyi
www.imdb.com/name/nm0842813/

answered by Guest | 02-12-2011 at 06:29 AM

Arlene Southern Cali
Wow!!!!!
Thank You for all your info. I too watch the original Little Rascals and you are so right it does not compare to the remake. I also do not think that it was racist. Some of the words were from the time and that may be why Bill Cosby took it as racist. Thanks Again Arlene.

answered by Guest | 03-23-2011 at 05:16 PM

how rude
Whoever you are GUEST, yes so there was a couple of misunderstandings and most of the original cast are dead but you shouldn't have a go at a girl just because she's not old enough to remember the original version. Abigail had a point from our era the actors are still alive they are the same age as me, maybe a little bit older or younger. As for the actors from your era they are more than likely dead I'm not sure but you don't need to downgrade people for what they know.... btw Abigail loved you in my sisters keeper and Zombieland.

answered by joplacket123 | 04-28-2011 at 07:22 PM

Abbey is dumb - I sure hope she's pretty.
Ms. Breslin - you are a moron. Sorry. There's no other way to put it.

answered by Guest | 04-29-2011 at 08:24 PM

get your facts straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Breslin :) View Post
Uhhh, no, the actors of the little rascals film are not dead! What century are you from!?!
Have you ever heard of the original rascals from the early 1920s?

answered by Guest | 05-09-2011 at 04:43 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.