How To Make Deviled Eggs: Easy & Simple Recipe?

Who knows how to make deviled eggs?
I'm preparing a big Easter dinner. Exactly how do I boil eggs for making deviled eggs?
I need an easy and simple recipe.
Do I bring to a boil, then cover pot and turn off heat? Or do I boil straight through for 20 minutes? 15 min?
Please help me to make deviled eggs the easy way. A simple recipe will be highly appreciated.

And how do you personally make your deviled eggs? Any tips?

asked by Kayla in Cooking & Recipes | 8326 views | 04-03-2010 at 09:51 PM

When Iím making deviled eggs for a buffet table, I sometimes think perhaps they are a bit old-fashioned and outdated. Then, when the party is over, the deviled egg platter is always empty.

This recipe is based on the classic formulation for deviled eggs. Just a nice, quick recipe that is easy to make and tastes great.

This recipe is not spicy at all and as such is a good choice for family reunions where there are children and you're catering to a wide variety of tastes.

Easy and simple recipe for deviled eggs.

You will need
Units:

* 6 large eggs , hard-boiled
* 4 tbsp mayonnaise
* 1 tsp mustard
* Cayenne pepper , to taste
* black pepper , to taste
* tongs

Step 1: Hard-Boiled Eggs

Place 6 large eggs in a pot of boiling water and boil for up to 24 minutes. Remove the eggs and cool them by running them under cold water for five minutes or by placing them in the refrigerator.

Step 2: Peel, Slice And Mix

Carefully peel the shells off the eggs and cut each egg in half lengthwise. Gently scoop the hard-boiled yolks out of each egg and into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp mustard, 4 Tbsp mayonnaise and a pinch of Cayenne pepper and black pepper (to taste). Mix thoroughly until the yolks are smooth and creamy.

Step 3: Stuff And Serve

Take one large spoonful of the egg mixture and fill each egg half generously. Finish by adding some black pepper and a pinch of Cayenne pepper on top of each egg. Serve and enjoy!

Deviled eggs have their roots in ancient Roman recipes with the first published recipes for stuffed, boiled eggs were from medieval Europe. In the 17th century, this was a common way to prepare eggs. they were not called "deviled" until the 18th Century, in England.

Video that explains the deviled eggs easy and simple recipe.

answered by Victoria | 04-03-2010 at 09:57 PM

Thanks for the recipe, I'm about to prepare deviled eggs for the first time and I had no idea where to start from.
Your recipe is easy, just the way I wanted it.

answered by Kiera | 05-31-2010 at 05:46 PM

I hate to eat mustard. But I like the way of your recipe. I have made deviled eggs couple of times. But I haven't tried as per your cooking method.

answered by pamlstano | 06-03-2011 at 03:34 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.