Is Slim Fast Bad For You?

Is Slim Fast still a good diet idea? I used to take it then I stopped after someone said it wasnt good for you. But I still see it advertised. Is it okay for me to use it again?
I'm a vegertain, I eat hannaford almond, oat cluser or oatmeal for breakfeast. Supper I eat bunch vegtables, or fish, basically your basic vegertain food.
I'm trying to lose weight.
Is Slim Fast really bad for you?

asked by Johan in Diet & Fitness | 10916 views | 12-07-2009 at 05:18 PM

Sorry but they're not so good for you. Slim fast is not exactly bad for you either.
Slim Fast is not particularly healthy, despite what the manufacturer may say. They are highly processed and full of sugar (sugar is the third ingredient!). Some of their products also contains hydrogenated soybean oil, a transfat. Plus, with a liquid diet you lose out on the thermogenics of food.

The vitamins and minerals they use are substandard compared to whole foods. These drinks are little better than a milkshake with a few vitamins and minerals added. There simply is no substitute for a whole food diet consisting of foods grown from the earth or from the flesh of animals.

answered by Sam | 12-07-2009 at 05:20 PM

They're not bad, but good?
Healthy, in this case, is relative. If your idea of good nutrition is combining a bag of pork rinds with a couple of burgers from the local fast food joint, well then yes, these are nutritious shakes.

In reality... the Slim Fast shakes aren't particularly nutritious, and they certainly aren't worth the money you pay for them.

answered by Guru | 12-07-2009 at 05:21 PM

Good for some.
I used Slim Fast over the entire year of 2010 as a meal replacement for one or two meals a day. I lost weight slowly but surely, which is suppose to be the best way. It is true that some of there products use hydrogenated soybean oil (trans fat) such as the canned shakes. The powder does not however. There products made me feel fool and satisfied and I generally ate less at meal time due to this. I hit my target weight loss of 30 lbs in 10 months of use. I recommend it for anyone looking to loose 30 to 50 lbs over a year or twos time.

answered by Guest | 01-15-2011 at 01:07 PM

comment