Reformation Day Party Ideas?

My first experience with a Reformation Day Party was a good one. I am a complete novices when it comes to Church History, but it was fun to study and learn in preparation for passing on the exciting stories to the little ones who came to the party.

On October 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed the 95 Theses to the door of the Church at Wittenberg. Churches have picked this date to commemorate what God did to bring the gospel back into light and spread that light around the globe through the Protestant Reformation.

This year I'm having a Reformation Day Party, what are some good ideas? Any advice will be highly appreciated.

asked by Brian in Religion | 3075 views | 10-31-2009 at 03:45 PM

Some ideas for your Reformation Day Party:

Have a "Reformation Sunday" sundae!
Our youth group fills a 6 foot long rain gutter (clean of course! and only used for this!) with ice cream. Each kid brings their favorite topping to add to the ice cream. And there you have it, a "Reformation Sunday" sundae!

Play Reformation Pictionary with words like theology, truth, red, beer, 95 theses, free, nun, A Mighty Fortress, diet, Germany, devil, Gospel, Law, baptism, lightning, grace, October 31, castle, monk, worms, nail, indulgences, church and door.

Carve Old Lutheran Reformation Day Pumpkins!

Have a "Baptismal Apple Dunk"

Run a "Law and Gospel Shuffle Relay"

Create a "Fishers of Men" Fishing Pond

Do a "Defeat the Devil Ball Toss"

Play "Pin the 95 Theses on the Wittenberg Door"

Run a "Throw Indulgences in the Trash" relay

Find a storyteller to tell of the events of Luther's life!

Have a costume party - everyone dress up as their favorite reformation personality.

Have a special showing of the Movie "Luther" at church or in your home!

answered by Guest | 10-31-2009 at 03:48 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.