Halloween Quotes and Phrases?

My dorm is having a door decorating contest and I want to use a good Halloween quote or phrase and decorate it based on that quote. Also any ideas would be good, not just quotes!
I really need some good ones if anyone could help me out.
Anyone know any good Halloween quotes or phrases, besides the MacBeth quote and trick or treat smell my feet?

asked by martha in Holidays | 9778 views | 10-30-2009 at 04:11 PM

Some goog halloween phrases:

If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him
landlord to a ghost.

- Lloyd Douglas

True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen.
- Anonymous

ON HALLOWEEN

The witches fly
Across the sky,
The owls go, "Who? Who? Who?"
The black cats yowl
And green ghosts howl,
"Scary Halloween to you!"

--Nina Willis Walter

From ghoulies and ghosties and long leggety beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!
- Scottish saying

Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
- William Shakespeare Witches in Macbeth

There is nothing funny about Halloween. This sarcastic festival reflects, rather, an infernal demand for revenge by children on the adult world.
- Jean Baudrillard

What fearful shapes and shadows beset his path, amidst the dim and ghastly glare of a snowy night! With what wistful look did he eye every trembling ray of light streaming across the waste fields from some distant window! How often was he appalled by some shrub covered with snow, which, like a sheeted spectre, beset his very path! How often did he shrink with curdling awe at the sound of his own steps on the frosty crust beneath his feet; and dread to look over his shoulder, lest he should behold some uncouth being tramping close behind him! and how often was he thrown into complete dismay by some rushing blast, howling among the trees, in the idea that it was the Galloping Hessian on one of his nightly scourings!
--Washington Irving - From "The Legend of Sleep Hollow"

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble
- William Shakespeare

answered by Terry | 10-30-2009 at 04:13 PM

Halloween Quotes
"Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total **** and no other girls can say anything about it."
Lindsay Lohan, Mean Girls

"There is nothing funny about Halloween. This sarcastic festival reflects, rather, an infernal demand for revenge by children on the adult world."
Jean Baudrillard

"Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn't even the star of his own Halloween special."
Chris Rock

"I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween."
Charles Swartz

"Ghosts, like ladies, never speak till spoke to."
Richard Harris Barharn

"On Halloween, the parents sent their kids out looking like me."
Rodney Dangerfield

"This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him."
Conan O'Brien

"A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween."
Erma Bombeck

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."
William Shakespeare

"I see my face in the mirror and go, 'I'm a Halloween costume? That's what they think of me?"
Drew Carey

answered by Sun | 10-30-2009 at 04:14 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.