Datehookup Scam?

A friend said I should be careful about Datehookup, there are people using date hookup to get your credit card info. They pose as attractive people, act interested, even chat then want you to verify your age with your credit card number.

Looked into signing up for datehookup but I'm a little scared. Are they going to scam me?

asked by Nicky in Law & Ethics | 7753 views | 10-30-2009 at 02:07 PM

Datehookup is not a scam, but you should always be aware of people who ask for your personal information.
Datehookup owners tried to decrease scam chances by removing scam-countries from they country list. So visitors from Russia, Ghana can't register with their country name but can create profile and write another country. At least I registered there as US citizen but I live in Europe. However I did not find any scam reports on DateHookup.com on the net.

answered by Truma | 10-30-2009 at 02:11 PM

All dating sites have fake profiles, even paid dating sites. DateHookup does a very good job of removing scammers, I don't get any spam personally. But like any site where people can post profiles, you just have to have common sense. Talk to the person only on DateHookup, don't give away your email address or phone number or anything and there is no chance of anyone taking advantage of you.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2009 at 05:29 PM

When They Ask For Info?
What's the case when a member (that seems legit) based on his/her profile kindly responds to an email you sent, and asks for your phone number to talk because he/she wasn't on the site often? This is of course without any chatting on a messenger. It's a response after one email. Is it fake? Or is it someone who would rather just get to the point??? I'm new to this stuff and so far I'm not impressed. Its only been a few days into it (on a few of these sites) & perhaps I should give it some time, but It seems to me like pure BS. If anyone knows something I should, then please tell me. What would somebody do with a phone number? If your number got into the wrong hands can it ruin your life? Do they like know of ways to make crazy charges on your phone bill or something? Anyway if anybody knows anything, fill me in.

Regards,

answered by Guest | 04-04-2010 at 10:30 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.