What is a Hob Knocker From iCarly?

On the nickelodeon show, icarly, the word "HOB NOCKER" was introduced and portrayed as an insult in the lips of the british-accented actor who played as David Archuleta's rival in "AMERICA SINGS." Now, what that episode never solved was the "DEFINITION" of the insult "HOB NOCKER." What do you think it means?!

asked by Toom in Television | 137640 views | 10-30-2009 at 12:19 AM

I’ve looked high and low to discover what is the definition of a Hob Knocker and it is not a nerd or geeky techno wizard as some have postulated. It appears that the word is actually a combination of a couple of British slang words and it appears there is not yet an official accepted definition of Hob Knocker.

Some say a Hob Knocker is one who goes around hitting people in their privates. This definition was found at the Urban Dictionary.

There you have it curious iCarly fans. I believe that this is the true definition of Hob Knocker as used and seen on iCarly’s episode “iRocked the Vote”

answered by Kevin | 10-30-2009 at 12:22 AM

You guys are wrong, that is not it. I think it has another meaning in the show iCarly.

answered by Guest | 04-02-2010 at 12:22 PM

hobknocker
I heard the definition is something gross, iCarly should be off air for that.

answered by Guest | 04-08-2010 at 04:18 AM

wow
I'm really surprised that that show put that term on air like that. I figured it was made up.

answered by Guest | 04-10-2010 at 02:33 AM

Can somebody please post the real definition and meaning of the word hobknocker?

answered by Guest | 04-21-2010 at 12:28 AM

It's a person who hurts animals in a malicious way just for fun.

answered by Guest | 04-27-2010 at 07:47 PM

I got the chills when I heard the definition, and it's not what you guys are saying here.

answered by Guest | 05-03-2010 at 10:45 PM

what it really means people!!!
First of all its pronounced HOBNOBBER (English accent on icarly duh!)

Second it means a foreign person who hurts poor defenseless (spelled it wrong hehhehe) animals.

THIRDLY get a life you weirdos why do want to know this stuff any ways GET A LIFE!

PEACE OUT!

answered by Guest | 05-09-2010 at 12:08 AM

You get a life, buddy, you are here too, right?

answered by Guest | 05-10-2010 at 10:50 PM

OK first of all it wasn't a real word until "icarly" used it, it was just some England slang. then some person who has absolutely no life at ALL made up a nasty definition just to make people think its bad.. SERIOUSLY??? come on people get a life..

ps. why did you ask this question..weird.. :O

answered by Guest | 05-11-2010 at 08:34 PM

wow you guys have some dirty minds stop it

answered by Guest | 05-12-2010 at 10:38 PM

This thread is made of so much win.

answered by Guest | 05-12-2010 at 11:30 PM

that is ******* discusting
that is ******* disgusting you
"Hob Nocker"

answered by Guest | 05-17-2010 at 02:36 PM

that's really screwed up what the hell is wrong with you guys

answered by guest | 05-17-2010 at 09:20 PM

comment
That is so disgusting, why would they say that on ICARLY? I thought it was like a kid show for little kids like iCarly, that dude shouldn't be there, he ruined the whole show.

p.s. what a bum

answered by Guest | 05-18-2010 at 07:55 PM

you guys are stupid, asking what is a hob knocker, man, GET A LIFE!

answered by Guest | 05-20-2010 at 06:07 PM

I heard the gross definition too and it is not nice, what were the producers of iCarly thinking when they wrote the script?

answered by Guest | 05-20-2010 at 11:00 PM

this is wat it means hobknockers!!!!!!
Firstly it is said as hobknocker not hobnobber that's a totally different word and secondly I have done some research and it is a guy who hurts animals.
Maybe it's the other gross definition and that's why when they whispered to eachother on icarly they went "gross!" anyway they probably shouldn't have put that on the show but I still love icarly and I don't really care as long as they didn't say aloud what it actually means lol they would be off air for that! haha anyway hope you people get it now. I'm awesome!

Love... Anonymous

xoxo

I LOVE ICARLY!!

p.s. you're all HOBKNOCKERS!!!!!!! hehe

answered by Guest | 05-22-2010 at 12:02 PM

naughy people
Hobknocker really that's just nasty. ICARLY shouldn't be LIVE saying that stuff.

answered by lol123 | 05-22-2010 at 03:59 PM

woow. gaaywad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
THIRDLY get a life you weirdos why do want to know this stuff any ways GET A LIFE!

PEACE OUT!
Maybe you should get a life, because you know what it is and how to really pronounce it. like oooh? you cool? cough cough not really cough cough.

answered by blah blah blah | 05-23-2010 at 09:41 PM

hob knocker WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it means you're a FREAK!

answered by dewoo | 05-24-2010 at 01:40 AM

EW that's nasty but I have found out that a HOBKNOCKER is some other thing that I'm not going to say because it's too gross.

answered by Guest | 05-24-2010 at 08:39 PM

weirdos
I thought a hob knocker was a male who was gay, I'm so confused right now.

answered by Guest | 05-30-2010 at 02:16 PM

oh
if that's what a hob knocker is then my boyfriend is one
he does that all day long around the school

answered by Guest | 05-31-2010 at 12:56 AM

I was surprised they put that on a children's show as well, iCarly is meant to be watched by little kids.

answered by Guest | 05-31-2010 at 04:25 PM

This is stupid it means this

1. one who goes around hitting people in their privates.

2. to refer to a person as the pain one suffers after being hob-knocked

answered by Guest | 05-31-2010 at 04:27 PM

yuk yuk yuk!!!!!! why would you even think about that! some people are under 18 that watch that show!!

answered by Guest | 05-31-2010 at 08:47 PM

EEEEWWW! Who would put that on a kids show?!?! That guy just had to ruin icarly! But I'm over it, I love iCarly!!!

Peace Out people reading this!!!!! LOL

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 02:02 AM

At first, I thought it was a British word for "moron" or "ignoramus", but that is just plain sick. I have to say that guy is nothing' but the devil reincarnate, I mean you hate animals as cute as that puppy Spencer was holding. I mean come on, not all Americans are that bad, only a small number. iCarly rules and he plain ruined it.

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 03:18 AM

WOW YOU GUYS! That is not the real meaning, search it on the urban dictionary, the meaning has nothing to do with animals.

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 01:22 PM

If you guys think this is dumb, then why are you looking at the word's meaning? gosh people in this world...

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 09:07 PM

to all you rude jerks who need to get a life
Stop telling people to get a life. We all just want to know what a hob knocker is. You don't have to go freaking out on us. You should get a life since you had the time to get on this page and type up a rude comment back to all of us.. so you should just shut up.

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 10:27 PM

I really don't know what ''Hob Nocker'' means, but I believe it's just a made up word by the cast of ICARLY.

answered by Guest | 06-03-2010 at 04:27 AM

what is a Hob Knocker from icarly
If you guys think we have no life why are you looking it up, you have to be interested.
But I don't think the word was hobknocker, because he had an English accent.
People you should know what we are talking about when you say we have no life, its normal for a person to be interested.

answered by Guest | 06-03-2010 at 09:02 PM

This is a kid's show and the creators of the program will never say something offensive on air. So you guys are wrong about the meaning of Hob Knocker, I'm sure it's something harmless.

answered by Guest | 06-06-2010 at 06:17 PM

Guys, we all have our opinions so you might think its gross but other people just are curious and want to know what it means. It is what it is. So hobknocker might mean this, it might mean that, we will never know.

answered by Guest | 06-06-2010 at 11:20 PM

They never told the meaning so its all good, it doesn't matter what it means, the show is funny either way.

answered by Guest | 06-07-2010 at 02:50 AM

Some people here should grow up, you're acting childish. There is not an official definition of the word, period.

answered by Guest | 06-07-2010 at 06:02 PM

hob nocker
My brother says it is a person who likes to lick weird stuff, but he's always making stuff up so I don't know if he's telling the truth.

answered by Guest | 06-08-2010 at 12:39 AM

I love iCarly.
I think it is the best TV show ever because it is funny and cool and for those who think iCarly is not cool, is so no cool at all because it is the bomb that show.

CARLY I THINK YOU ARE SMART AND FUNNY.
SAM I THINK YOU ARE COOL, SMART, FUNNY.
I love you guys.

answered by NICOLE | 06-08-2010 at 12:52 AM

hobknocker
you should of been off of the air for that, not cool at all because it is not good for little kids to hear that now, what if they grow up say it and get in trouble and it will be all your fault, not cool

answered by nicole | 06-08-2010 at 01:02 AM

ewwww
ew a kid at school does that

answered by Guest | 06-08-2010 at 08:41 PM

its funny
that is so cool I did not know that. I love iCarly she is hot Sam is cool.

answered by sam | 06-09-2010 at 08:02 PM

OK little kids won't know what that is and wtf guys get a life and stop picking on iCarly get over it and grow up you losers

answered by Guest | 06-09-2010 at 08:23 PM

There are several meanings of the word hob knocker. I looked it up on another site and some of the definitions are gross, some are harmless, I guess we'll never know.

answered by Guest | 06-10-2010 at 04:25 AM

I think it means a cow's bottom, they're usually smelly.

answered by chloe | 06-10-2010 at 03:13 PM

hob knocker
I thought it was a person that likes to jump from high buildings like a bungee jumper.

answered by Guest | 06-13-2010 at 09:20 PM

Firstly, EWW

Secondly, all you guys who keep telling people to get a life and "why did you even search this?" Shut up. Obviously you searched it to, because you posted comments...what is wrong with you guys!?!?

Thirdly, What does it matter to you if someone took the time to find something online. you say they are wasting their time, but look at yourself you are wasting your time posting comments that no one cares about. So get over it.

answered by Stupid people! | 06-15-2010 at 01:48 AM

You have a point. But some people is immature and has a lot of time, so all they do is post childish comments on the web.

answered by Guest | 06-15-2010 at 02:13 AM

Let's all get along, be nice and respectful, there's no reason to fight since this is just a discussion.

answered by Guest | 06-15-2010 at 12:15 PM

If you watch iCarly then you should be like...under ten and not talking like that and second a hob knocker is just a British term.

I think everyone should shut up, I was just searching random things and clicked on this website you might not believe me but I don't really care. If you don't want to be insulted then don't even read them, I mean really some people don't wanna hear your opinion.

answered by Guest | 06-16-2010 at 08:20 PM

iCarly is the best show on television right now, it is so creative and funny. Who cares about the meaning of some word, really?

answered by Guest | 06-18-2010 at 09:06 PM

iyt mean sum10 nasty
First of all, you're all here arguing like some little kids and for the people who keep saying that we have no life, you don't have one either if you are on this website searching for iCarly. So just go to sleep and stop hating on iCarly, come on now be for real.

answered by Guest | 06-18-2010 at 09:08 PM

I thinks it means something about a cat's disease, at least that's what I read somewhere.

answered by Guest | 06-19-2010 at 03:39 AM

All of those people who kept saying "get a life" you're on the same website as us obviously you looked up what it is to so you need to shut up! If your spending your time telling people to get a life a life obviously you're the one who doesn't have a life of their own! This goes especially to the people who said that and know how to pronounce the word! You can bad mouth this message all you want too, because I am never coming back!

answered by Guest | 06-19-2010 at 04:38 AM

What?!
its a kids show!!! do you really think the writers would put something disgusting like that????

answered by Guest | 06-19-2010 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
GET A LIFE!
you get a life you don't have to be so mean to people because they ask a question

answered by Guest | 06-20-2010 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid people! View Post
look at yourself you are wasting your time posting comments that no one cares about. So get over it.
Look who's talking, you took your time to post a comment so you're doing the same thing.

answered by Guest | 06-20-2010 at 03:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH!
everyone on here is funny they're all like get a life no you get a life HAHAHAHAH!

answered by Guest | 06-21-2010 at 03:45 PM

Wow...
All of you guys need to get a life! There is no such thing as a Hob whatever. If its not in the dictionary its not a real word.

answered by Guest | 06-21-2010 at 07:10 PM

A hobknocker is a guy who does something against the law. Remember how Sam said it's gross and illegal?

answered by mattster337 | 06-21-2010 at 11:25 PM

OK first of all its super funny to read your posts but don't hate the dude who said the word. It is a TV show, the guy was an actor who was paid to say that and he probably didn't know what it meant!
Seriously if I told you to say "julifactions" for 5$ you'd think it was a made up word, right? so you'd do it. And he probably thought the same thing. Don't go hating on that guy, go hate on the script writers!
p.s. "julifactions" is a made up word.
p.s.s. I only found this site cause it came up on google!

answered by Guest | 06-22-2010 at 12:59 AM

They should go off air, what are they teaching kids ugh, that is very nasty.

answered by Guest | 06-22-2010 at 03:16 AM

WHAT THE HECK!
Now could they show such rude slang on a children's show? I don't think that was needed to show that. If they only knew what it mean. And remember how Sam said "and Illegal!" I don't understand why that's illegal. Why would Sam know this, either. I mean, she's been to juvy, but... Okay, now any other questions?

answered by Harry_and_Moon | 06-24-2010 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toom View Post
On the nickelodeon show, icarly, the word "HOB NOCKER" was introduced and portrayed as an insult in the lips of the british-accented actor who played as David Archuleta's rival in "AMERICA SINGS." Now, what that episode never solved was the "DEFINITION" of the insult "HOB NOCKER." What do you think it means?!
I think it's a person who likes to kiss dogs. A dog kisser in other words.

answered by Tree Chopper | 06-26-2010 at 12:08 AM

um...
First off, I found this page by Google surfing. Secondly, I am a 28 year old mom who has a life but still likes silly kids shows like iCarly.

Finally, I am positive that any and all disgusting definitions for hob knocker (or hob nobber as some of you insist) were made up after the word. I highly doubt the writers for a Nickelodeon show would let a word with a definition like that would let that slip past the censors. Some fan or her older brother who caught the word likely looked up the word on Urban Dictionary and decided to make up a definition. Big deal. It's Urban Dictionary, most of the words on there are made up.

answered by Your Mom Watches iCarly | 06-26-2010 at 04:00 PM

Like really, why did they say that, out of everything they could've said? The word is unacceptable for a show like iCarly.

answered by Guest | 06-26-2010 at 06:01 PM

Well iCarly probably thought kids or people would never look it up....and plus its hobnobber. so there's a difference.

answered by Guest | 06-29-2010 at 05:02 AM

HOLY ****!
Wow... a Hob Knocker is related to dogs?? AHH! Well that's good to know, but I got called a hob knocker the other day, and I said do you know what it is? and they shook their brainless heads no, and I said.. WELL THAN YOU'RE THE HOB KNOCKER! and they ran away. haha.

answered by Guest | 06-29-2010 at 11:34 PM

Well I guess they don't say what it meant so its all cool.

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 08:21 PM

For all of you all arguing check the real definition on urban dictionary, you're going to be surprised.

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 08:29 PM

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!
Wow, its pretty dumb that people say it is disgusting and all that crap when they post it and stuff
like really just get a life and stop saying other people don't have lives because since you are on here too then I think you also need to get a life!

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 08:37 PM

I think a hob knocker is a bad word and not even Miley Cyrus said it, and she is known for having a bad mouth.

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 08:43 PM

litttle kids wudnt look it up
First off i don't think that little kids would go and look up what a hobnocker is because i bet that they don't even know how to look up things like this so yeah.
You don't need to go saying iCarly should be off air for that because little kids don't know what it means.

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 08:46 PM

Why u going around saying dat?
That is so not cool. Why should they be off air? They didn't say the meaning or anything? And why are you going and saying that they are dumb for looking this up when you did it and posted a reply?

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 08:48 PM

The reason they did it was to make Wanye Collins look bad! tee-hee!

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 11:29 PM

iCarly needs new director!
Really why would they put that on iCarly? It's just wrong because a lot of little kids could have been watching that exact episode. I don't think iCarly should go off air... I just think that they should get another director that wouldn't put that kinda stuff on a kids/teenager show.

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 03:31 AM

No wonder after they whispered it that they said "gross" and "and illegal."

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 06:49 AM

Wow...just wow....99.5% of the people involved in this threat are truly mentally challenged. I think my IQ dropped a good few points trying to sift through this BS. Please, for the sake of humanity, expand your vocabularies and learn to think before speaking. If the younger people posting on this thread are our future....damn the future's looking bleak.

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 08:31 AM

hobknocker
It was just a mistake, just a dumb word and I think they will never say anything like it on the show again.

answered by nicole24 | 07-01-2010 at 03:35 PM

To the guest who said who has a computer and watches i-Carly:

Dude everyone should have a computer if you don't, it means you don't know how to use one.

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 05:41 PM

I'll never watch iCarly again for the hob knocker thing.

answered by Guest | 07-02-2010 at 01:35 AM

are not
The next time you guys visit your doctor, ask him to check your head. If he finds nothing then that's your problem, you have nothing up there. This thread made me laugh so much.

answered by Guest | 07-02-2010 at 07:58 PM

wow !
What OMG THAT'S SO DISGUSTING, I just read the complete definition. What were they thinking?

answered by Guest | 07-03-2010 at 03:03 AM

There is not a real meaning of Hob Knocker, they made the word up so they would be cool. But it backfired on them.

answered by Guest | 07-05-2010 at 07:02 AM

Hob Knocker
If you go to the British/English translator, you get the result of your search. Try it, it will tell you the real meaning.

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 04:12 AM

Quote:
Wow... a Hob Knocker is related to a dog?? AHH! Well that's good to know, but I got called a hob knocker the other day, and I said do you know what it is? and they shook their brainless heads no, and I said.. WELL THAN YOU'RE THE HOB KNOCKER! and they ran away. haha.
Funny as hell man, but yeah this is messed up.

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
if u guys think this is dumb then why are you looking at it
That's just what I was thinking I actually wanted to know but you guys say we are dumb to look it up when you guys looked it up in the first place help me here.

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 03:10 PM

PEACE
Lets all get along people, it's just an innocent debate about a TV show, there's no reason to fight. Peace out.

answered by Guest | 07-08-2010 at 04:00 PM

iHurly
I guess everyone from iCarly is a hobnocker since they make that lame show. If you want to make a good show, ask the creatives at Disney. Shows like Good Luck Charlie are way better than iCarly.

answered by Guest | 07-08-2010 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
I mean really shut up some people don't wanna hear your opinion
If they don't want to hear it then they shouldn't even look it up.

answered by Guest | 07-09-2010 at 04:37 PM

I don't know, I was randomly watching iCarly and they said that so I googled it and here I am. They should not have put that on iCarly! it is very nasty so yeah peace out.

answered by Guest | 07-09-2010 at 04:47 PM

I'm never watching iCarly again. I'm gonna report them to the polices.

answered by Guest | 07-09-2010 at 04:55 PM

That is nasty lol.
People who are HOB KNOCKERS are disgusting.

answered by Guest | 07-09-2010 at 04:58 PM

Actually, there is plenty of adult references in iCarly.

answered by Guest | 07-09-2010 at 05:07 PM

OK this discussion is over I guess since we all now know what a hob knocker means.

answered by Admin | 07-09-2010 at 07:47 PM

hob knocker
Actually a hob knocker is what people used to call the Smurfs, those blue guys that had their own show a few years ago. I'm not sure if that is the definition on iCarly but that is the meaning.

answered by britnay | 07-09-2010 at 08:10 PM

Wow. who really cares? I enjoy the show very much and that's all it matters. Some of the writers are girls so I think they didn't even know what the word meant.

answered by Guest | 07-13-2010 at 10:33 PM

come on :?
Dude it's just a show you shouldn't be blaming the guy on the show who said that you should really blame the director who made them say that on a pre-teens show because he is the one making them say that also the writers of the show.
The people on the show are just actors they get paid to say that, so they might as well do it.

answered by Guest | 07-15-2010 at 05:00 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.