Elena Desserich Blog?

Elena Desserich's story is amazing. Elena was a little 6 year old girl who died in August 2007 from brain cancer. She made a wish list of things to complete before she died including swimming with dolphins, driving a car and having her last dance with her dad. She completed all of her list and died only 2 days later.

The most amazing part of her story though is her legacy. As she slowly lost more control over her body, paricularly her ability to speak, she started drawing pictures more often to communicate with her family.

Where do I find Elena Desserich's blog? I want to buy the book.

asked by Jim in Parenting & Children | 3816 views | 10-28-2009 at 05:03 PM

Elena Desserich's blog is called Notes Left Behind

http://www.notesleftbehind.com/

When I read Elena's story it made my heart melt and made me think even more about my family. I have missed them a lot lately and look forward to being with them again soon. I am so grateful to have them in my life and to be alive to enjoy them.

RIP Elena, you have left behind a wonderful legacy and you lived a wonderful life, despite the short time you had to live it.

answered by Sans | 10-28-2009 at 05:04 PM

i have just finished reading NOTES LEFT BEHIND and i cannot begin to express in words the feelings that it bought out in me. I am an oncology nurse and everyday the patients i care for truly amaze me because they are the most positive upbeat people i have ever encoutered. They have taught me what it means to enjoy your life, appreciate the small blessings in your day from miute to minute, second to second. They have truly helped me to become a better more positive happy person and for that i am eternally grateful. I am deeply sorry for your loss of Elena she was awe inspiring and a remarkable little princess who was a heck of a fighter who now watches out for all of you from heaven. Thank you for sharing your personal inspiring journey with the world its someting everone should read in order to appreciate everyday of there life and there families.

answered by becky czanstke | 11-22-2009 at 12:33 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.