Heather O'Rourke: Cause Of Death?

Everyone remembers the famous line, "Theyíre here!" from Poltergeist. Spooky clown puppets and trees that could eat you were so scary to watch when I was a child.
Little Heather O'Rourke starred in all three of the movies. I remember watching a documentary about the movies where it mentioned Heather O'Rourke died during the filming of the last movie. What was the cause of her death? Is it true that there was an evil presence in the set?

asked by Fry in Controversy | 4458 views | 10-26-2009 at 11:42 PM

Heather O'Rourke was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and died from complications of it at the age of 12. That was the official cause of dead.
Of course some people say the movie was cursed.

In June of 1987, she had completed filming Poltergeist 3. During that shoot, she had suffered from flu like symptoms, and it was diagnosed as a parasite she had picked up from drinking water in a campground. I donít know if this is true, but from what I can gather, she suffered from bowel obstructions all her life, but nobody knew about it. Anyway, Heather was put on medication, and the problem had supposedly been resolved.

On the night of January 31st, 1988, many months later, Heather claimed she didnít feel well, and crawled into bed with her parents. She woke up vomiting, so her mother gave her a Gatorade drink that was supposed to soothe her stomach.

The next morning she got up, and still complained of feeling bad. Her feet and fingers were swollen and blue. Her mother tried to give her some toast to eat, but Heather complained that she couldnít even swallow. Her mother was going to call the doctor, but Heather passed out, so she called for paramedics. When they arrived, she was in shock. One of them asked if she was feeling bad. "A little," was her reply. On their way to the hospital, her mother told Heather, "I love you." "I love you too," were the last words they spoke. And such beautiful last words.

They took Heather to the Alvarado Medical International Hospital, 8 miles away. Her heart failed on the way, and she was revived at 9:25am. She was then taken by helicopter to the Childrens Hospital and Health Centre in San Diego, where they arrived at 10:45am. Here is the emergency entrance. Her parents were informed that Heather might have suffered brain damage, because her pupils were fixed.

The doctors suspected it might be a bowel obstruction, and rushed her into surgery. They were too late. Little Heather died on the operating table at 2:43pm. Her intestines had burst, and she died from the infection. God, she was only 12.

answered by Onio | 10-26-2009 at 11:44 PM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.