The Hills Have Eyes: True Story?

I was just watching the movie The Hills have eyes 2 and it said something about how the trainees disapearance was never explained to the families also in the first movie it says in the beginning it was based on actual events. But I'm not sure if it actually is a true story.
So are there really mutants some where in new mexico living in some military sector where nuclear bomb testing was conducted that the government says that does not exist?
So is it a true story or not?

asked by Jason in Movies | 106837 views | 10-24-2009 at 01:41 AM

Somewhat...It is based on the nuclear bomb tests and people that didn't evacuate...obviously they forced everyone to evacuate, but if there were some who for some reason didn't, then they would be a hell of a lot like those people due to the huge amounts of radiation that they intook.

answered by Henry | 10-24-2009 at 01:43 AM

Some fans may not realize that The Hills Have Eyes is loosely based on a true story. it came form an article in the New York library about the Sawney Beane Family. In the 1700s in Scotland there was an area that had road running through it from Scotland, and people thought it was haunted because people kept disappearing from that road. The story came out when a couple was attacked by these wild looking people, and one got away. and they sent out an expedition which resulted in finding a cave along the English Channel.

A dog actually found it.

answered by Yimmy | 10-24-2009 at 01:43 AM

God I hope not. That movie was a little scary.
Imagine how scary would be to see ugly, rapist mutants running amok. Although, they base it off the fact that nuclear testing in the Southwest did cause some children of servicemen to become deformed due to the high levels or radiation.

answered by Yimmy | 10-24-2009 at 01:45 AM

the story was based on the story of a man who lived in the new mexico desert after the nuclear bomb testing. as people would pass through a lot of them would not come out. over the years a supposed 1000 people disappeared and they started investigating and caught three disfigured people who were supposedly "eating the bodies" so it is loosly based on a true story

answered by devon huebner | 12-14-2009 at 06:54 PM

so is it true ?

answered by razor101 | 12-21-2009 at 11:18 AM

What I think
Well it would totally suck if u you were raped & killed by crazy mutants, but I think there was only a couple of cases of mutation. Back then scientist didn`t know how harmful it was, so they would have people (mostly army men) stand 50 yards. from the explosion & most of them died from radiation poisoning. Though it seems possible, I think the movie was inaccurate with the amt. of bombs drooped. 331 is to much of a large # to ignore!
P.S WTF is up with all the mannanicins.
P.S.S I found this movie more sad than scary.

answered by Black Widow | 02-21-2010 at 08:04 PM

omg
hi sup email me at *****@yahoo.com

answered by Caitlin | 03-10-2010 at 06:27 PM

hi
Not true story! The hills have eye 1,2 is fake! I found out! That not true story!

answered by undertaker842004 | 03-14-2010 at 03:44 PM

this is not accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yimmy View Post
Some fans may not realize that The Hills Have Eyes is loosely based on a true story. it came form an article in the New York library about the Sawney Beane Family. In the 1700s in Scotland there was an area that had road running through it from Scotland, and people thought it was haunted because people kept disappearing from that road. The story came out when a couple was attacked by these wild looking people, and one got away. and they sent out an expedition which resulted in finding a cave along the English Channel.

A dog actually found it.

that has nothing to do with the nuclear bomb people. Those were typical cannibals. your wrong the sawney bean family has nothing to do with the mexico desert family.

answered by kelly | 03-29-2010 at 09:59 PM

I will never go there again.
I camped in the white sands area in year 2006... I watched Hills Have Eyes the following year.... I will never be camping there again; even if the stories are not true. The first movie was so twisted that I did not even watch the second one. I am traumatized by that rape scene.

answered by Davidia | 04-09-2010 at 06:28 PM

sha island
some stories maybe true but others are not. Sometimes we base on what we see than what we believe but sometime things that we cant see are the thing that's true ^_^

answered by rabatol@yahoo.com | 05-10-2010 at 06:43 AM

This is a true story. Not completely like I don't think they are that s ex crazed and rape like that they just went overboard and made it more scary but there is "people" or now creatures out there that look like that at least where I went me and 3 friends up to Arizona..we saw this girl that was deformed. we were scared to go deeper into the rocks so we just left immediately and continued to Las Vegas. its crazy man (movies probably saved my life lol if she was bad)

answered by Guest | 06-21-2010 at 08:58 PM

gfdgsrjhaj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow View Post
Well it would totally suck if u you were raped & killed by crazy mutants, but I think there was only a couple of cases of mutation. Back then scientist didn`t know how harmful it was, so they would have people (mostly army men) stand 50 yards. from the explosion & most of them died from radiation poisoning. Though it seems possible, I think the movie was inaccurate with the amt. of bombs drooped. 331 is to much of a large # to ignore!
P.S WTF is up with all the mannanicins.
P.S.S I found this movie more sad than scary.
they knew what was going to happen and the reason those soldiers were posted so close is so they could see what would happen to them first hand its no accident

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 10:35 PM

Quote:

A dog actually found it.
it's got nothing to do with that at all how could it

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly View Post
that has nothing to do with the nuclear bomb people. Those were typical cannibals. your wrong the sawney bean family has nothing to do with the mexico desert family.
to true and to think the Sawney Beane Family had anything to do with the hills had eyes story is stupid

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 10:39 PM

The first movie was made in Patrick, Nevada(close to Reno, Nevada). But in Patrick, Nevada there are crazy azz lunatics... with guns! So the first one is true i guess. So...I dare you to go to Patrick, Nevada. But, stay close to the truck. WHATEVER YOU DO...DO NOT DISTURB THE TOWNSPEOPLE!!!!!!! YOU LEAVE THEM ALONE, THEY LEAVE YOU ALONE!!!! But try not to get close to them, stay far away from them.

answered by Someone | 07-11-2010 at 02:40 PM

not true
in most cases radiation poisoning would lead to types of cancer and than death. it is unlikely that they would turn into cannibals and look all funny. they would get a ******* big ass tumor and die within a couple of years

answered by Guest | 07-14-2010 at 10:25 PM

hills have eyes
the story is true in Canada there is a sign that says hills have eyes when we go to Canada to have some fun

answered by aena kaei | 07-21-2010 at 07:35 AM

Quote:

A dog actually found it.
This story sounds a lot more like the one from "Wrong Turn" then "The Hills Have Eyes"

answered by Guest | 08-02-2010 at 08:41 PM

it's actually based on a few true events
it's actually based on a few true stories
1) is the nuclear test in new Mexico where 150 people were not counted for, that explains the dis-figuration
2) swaney bean family in scotland in the 1700's lived in the hills of Scotland, they would ambush and eat people who travel down the road that went trough there hills, that explains the cannibalism 3) in new mexico in the late 1800s lived the Bender family who welcomed people in to there inn and would then kill them and buried them on there land which became known as "hell's acre" a reward of $3000 (a huge amount for the time) for any information on the family but no one came forward, that explains the location and the unsolved part

and now you know
this has been brought to you by
D-Day Blood

answered by D-Day Blood | 08-07-2010 at 12:46 PM

i do think it is possible that the nuclear bombs could cause mutation but I'm still not for sure if the story is true. i watched the hills have eyes and i had nightmares about being raped by those things & i can see how they could kill everyone that came trough the hills and eat them but that's the part that I'm not to sure about.

answered by Breh Bree! :) | 08-16-2010 at 02:54 PM

Sawney Bean lived in caves, with his family of 48 he came out at night to ambush people and eat them, I read a book called Underworld by Cathy McPhail, and in it it's about those caves, but only a tiny weeny bit about Sawney Bean, and anyway, Sawney bean is a LEGEND, not true ok ?The cave is called Bannane Cave, I haven't seen any of 'The Hills have Eyes', but that doesn't exist, not even in my Supernatural world, I mean Cannibal-Mutant-Rapers? Come on, that's scary disturbing and senseless, but if you wanna watch it ok... I stick with Scooby Doo lol !

Sorry if I offended anybody or something...

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 05:43 AM

Wes Craven.....
Maker of the original, has stated, ON CAMERA, in an interview, that the original 1977 movie was based on the story of Sawney Bean. Whether or not that story is true is up for discussion. There were also people in New Mexico who refused to leave their homes during nuclear testing in the area. Whether or not the turned into mutant rapists, probably not, but who knows (except for those people of course).....fail to the people who said Sawney Bean had nothing to do with it and that it's stupid to think so.......get your facts right before you talk about someone else. And I'm out!

answered by Guest | 08-27-2010 at 11:38 PM

LOOSeLY BASED is being said
Seems like people who don't put their names to their posts are the outspoken folks, .... why not out your name to your post so we can debate with intelligence not hide behind a name that isn't you

answered by joanne | 11-06-2010 at 01:06 PM

omg
so I just watched the hills have eyes and something tells me this **** is true I mean think about it we deal with possessions and exorcisms **** that seems so not even possible to be true but it is so what makes you think for one moment that this isn't possible there very well could be people out there who suffer from radiation poisoning doesn't mean that there crazy rapist psychos but very well do the chose to hide themselves from all human society due to the way people are now but who noes this is just my opinion we may not believe it now but what if one day you decide to go out on a hike your walking along you stop to take a piss then the next thing you know you're getting tossed through walls pants are getting ripped off you got a bag over your face and tied up and you have no idea what's going on all you know is your scared and tired but you wanna keep fighting but you can't...and all this happened because you were a disbeliever of all this ...but don't forget nothing is impossible there is stronger badder and terrible things out there and what we need to ask ourselves is it really worth our lives? Is it really worth toying with evil?? Do you really wanna play chicken with everything??

answered by Guest | 11-15-2010 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly View Post
If you read Wes Craven, director of the 70's originally and copy right owner of the film, interviews you would know it was loosely base off the sawney bean family. The quote you disagreed with was right out of an interview. How about you do a little more research next time.

answered by Guest | 12-13-2010 at 06:09 AM

Not real
The mutants could not of survived. The radiation would of killed them slowly.

answered by Rupert | 12-14-2010 at 04:56 PM

I doubt that this is true.
For one thing, radiation usually kills people, not just deform them. And even if they were deformed, it would probably lead to tumors.
Another, just because they were deformed, does that mean that they HAVE to be homicidal rapists? Radiation probably wouldn't make them ike that. After all, they are originally human.

answered by Guest | 01-20-2011 at 04:48 AM

Army story
It is a true story. They tell you the story if your in the military. Its said that a long time ago the military set up this fake town in the desert. ya know the middle of no where...

What are the odds people would come by? So they built this town and put fake people in like dummies. Well a family had come by and desired to live there. why? i have no idea. Apparently no one in the military knew they were there and one day set off a radiation bomb. Later they went back into the town and found mutilated people there. They say they were into cannibalism but the military had taken care of it. They kept it a secret for decades until finally someone told and turned it into a movie making it more gruesome than it really is. That's the story they will tell you if you go into the army, marines, coast guard, etc.

answered by Guest | 03-10-2011 at 05:07 PM

So no one in the military really went missing and their families weren't told what happen just that they went AWOL?

answered by Guest | 06-04-2011 at 08:48 AM

roswell incident
The hills have eyes is related to the Roswell incident the craft was picked up outside corona new Mexico and in that desert is the hills where these deformed people are said to live anyone agree ?

answered by keir g | 07-28-2011 at 05:24 PM

Hills Have Eyes
I had been wondering about all of these things about this movie also. You guys did a really great job in answering all my questions. Frankly, it scares the hell outta me! THANKS

answered by Brooks | 08-21-2011 at 10:16 PM

I guess some scenes are true...because in movies that are based on true events not all are real or even true, some true events may be deleted and change, and some are just added to make the movie more exciting and horrific.
Based on what I have read about the cannibalism and mutants, these scary things starts from being alone, abandoned and behavioral characteristics, but the radiation from tested bombs, I actually don't know, I think radiation can cause death and cancer and can change physical appearance.

This movie is a little bit exaggerated but its good to watch, it is so terrifying and, to all comments you should read books related on this movie.

answered by dane | 09-30-2011 at 01:59 PM

the hills have eyes
I think most of the movie is true but stupid in a way,because like the stupid part is when the old guy at the petrol station knows whats out there and still leads them into that messed up place.
Doesn't it make you angry to watch that people can actually do that and know the people are going to die.
And I really do think that it is a true story because in 1700's there were people like this that actually kill and eat people and they are mutants.

answered by maryanne.callaghan | 10-02-2011 at 05:27 AM

I have been told by a very close friend of mine that The Hills Have Eyes is a true story and I trust this person very much so I guess it's true.

answered by maryanne.callaghan | 10-02-2011 at 05:30 AM

The Bender family
The Bender family actually didn't live in new Mexico they actually resided Labette County, Kansas from 1872-73 before they fled. There were four people included in the immediate "Family". Two went north and two went south when they left. Just thought I would let you know that.

answered by Guest | 10-18-2011 at 03:46 AM

Probably somewhat real.
I think that when the movie came out in the 70's it might have been loosely based on a true story. I read a comment that said the radiation would have killed slowly and that is correct. But when the movie was first created it was thirty or more years closer to that time period so maybe it was true. The mutation part anyway, I have never heard of homicidal rapist mutants and I live in the desert.

answered by Guest | 10-18-2011 at 05:38 AM

I have read many many articles about nuclear radiation and poisonings and the story behind The Hills Have Eyes could be absolutely true. I'm not saying the EXACT SAME WAY but physical and mental defects can occur after exposure to radiation. Maybe the first people to be exposed will not be deformed or not even noticeable at all, but their children will definitely have an extremely high chance of getting birth and brain defects. Therefore it is much likely possible that people such as these are out there somewhere RIGHT now. But we cannot blame them. Their fate is not chosen, we have to understand that. These poor people hide from humanity to keep themselves from being killed. If we leave them alone, they'll leave us alone. Mess with them.. haha.. good luck buddy. See you on the other side.

answered by BuddyHolly | 10-19-2011 at 03:05 AM

cannibalism, deformities
To be honest, I think that when they tested nuclear bombs in new Mexico, it was hundreds of years ago and it takes a long period of time for the radiation count to go down so people that were there many years after got radiation poisoning and died, but some survived and had children, that became deformed, and soon after decades there were all these deformed children that became adults but hardly anyone came by to to where they they lived so they became very lonely and with no education set up for them they had no idea about the real world and thought the only way of surviving was to eat what they could, so when people passed by that didn't look the same as them, they thought food, because they didn't know any better, and rape, maybe that's just in the movie although maybe they did in real life as a natural instinct, because they didn't know any better and many of them died in there twenties anyway because they still lived in this place with a high radiation count. And that's what I think.

answered by mysterious girl | 10-21-2011 at 09:25 AM

Well, my friend went through white sands and there was a man who tried to tell her and her friend that there was a short-cut, it shocked her to the point where she drove off on the man and went toward Las Vegas NM, But if you really wanna find it out, go to White Sands, find that gas station, or camp out there.

answered by Di da | 11-01-2011 at 06:16 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.