Windows 7 Family Pack Cost?

I think its great that Windows 7 will be available in a family pack, as it makes it cheaper to upgrade multiple systems all at once. However, I have a question.
Does anyone know how much windows 7 Family Pack will cost when it comes out?
I think its already available, I just want to know the price.

asked by Theresa in Software | 1392 views | 10-22-2009 at 03:53 PM

There is the Windows 7 Family Pack, which will include three Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade licenses for only $149.99. That breaks down to about $49.99 per license, which is the same price that Microsoft was charging for the Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade during the special Windows 7 preorder campaign that ran from June 26 through July 11.

Keep in mind that the Windows 7 Family Pack includes upgrade licenses and not full install licenses. This makes sense when you consider that many people who have three computers capable of running Windows 7 are already running Windows XP or Windows Vista.

The only odd thing about the Windows 7 Family Pack is that the availability is described as "until supplies last," which clearly indicates that this is a limited-time product. The price may go up to about $90 after the initial offer period ends.

Here are the prices for Windows 7:

-- Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99

-- Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99

-- Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99

-- Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99

-- Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99

-- Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99

answered by Melanie2 | 10-22-2009 at 04:56 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.