John Wooden Quotes On Success?

UCLA coach John Wooden's teams won 665 games in 27 seasons. They won 10 NCAA titles including 7 in a row. He also coached four perfect 30-0 records.

John Wooden knows basketball and winning.

What are some good John quotes on success? I know there's lots of them, please post a few.

asked by Monday in Basketball | 2419 views | 10-14-2009 at 06:58 PM

Whenever I see John Wooden on TV nowadays, i get this sense of awe over me. You are indeed correct, Mr. Wooden has meant so so much to the game of basketball.

The man is one of the greatest coaches in history, at any level. How can anyone disagree with anything John Wooden says?

Some of his quotes on success:

1. Never mistake activity for achievement.

2. A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment.

3. Ability is a poor manís wealth.

4. Adversity is the state in which man mostly easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then.

5. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

6. Iíd rather have a lot of talent and a little experience than a lot of experience and a little talent.

7. Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.

8. Itís not so important who starts the game but who finishes it.

9. It isnít what you do, but how you do it.

10. Itís what you learn after you know it all that counts.

11. Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.

12. Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

answered by Perl | 10-14-2009 at 07:00 PM

Success is peace of mind that is the direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.

What you are as a person is far more important that what you are as a basketball player.

Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.

Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.

Never mistake activity for achievement.

It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes.

Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.

answered by Taylor | 10-14-2009 at 07:01 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.