Barnes And Noble Nook Price?

Barnes & Noble opened an e-book store earlier this year. The expectation was that Barnes & Noble would, as they announced, support the Plastic Logic e-book reader (Que) next year, but now some people say they will have their own e-book reader. I wonder what the price of the new device will be. Leaks indicate that this new device, the Barnes and Noble Nook, will be announced today.
Is it true? If so, when will the Nook be released and what is the price?

asked by Omar in Books & Writing | 2532 views | 10-20-2009 at 05:44 PM

The Barnes & Noble Nook is scheduled for landing today and some are saying that it bests the Kindle, inside and out. The news about Barnes & Nobleís new e-reader was leaked when someone at the Wall Street Journal saw an ad set to run in next Sundayís New York Times. The new gadget looks a lot sharper than the Kindle and will cost the same ($259). It has a color multi-touch screen and will offer wireless capability.

Reports have it that Barnes & Noble will be offering book titles to readers at heavy discounts. They will also make available to Nook readers the 500,000 free (public domain) titles from the Google Book Project.

answered by Stephanie | 10-20-2009 at 05:47 PM

I hope all these rumors are authentic, if so, I will definitely be adding to my self-christmas list. I will be happy for Barnes and Noble if they pull this off, I spend a decent amount of time in the in-store lounge and one of the reasons I havenít purchased a Kindle is I donít want to be tacky and simply use their reading couches without ever purchasing anything. This reader would fix that guilt.

As far as industrial design goes, this thing seems to be the best looking eBook by far.

answered by Poli | 10-20-2009 at 05:47 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.