Meet Joe Black Ending?

I just watched the movie Meet Joe Black and I'm a little baffled about the ending. I know "Death" took William with him when they crossed the bridge. So, is the man who came back over the bridge the original one Susan met in the coffee shop? If he was resurrected from the car crash and supposedly doesn't know what happened or where he's been, why did he say "It will come to us" when Susan asked "What do we do now?"...didn't "Death" say this line after he and Susan made love?
I don't know, the ending was so confusing for me.
How did the original guy from the coffee shop know this line if it wasn't him who said it in the first place?

asked by Maria in Movies | 19227 views | 10-17-2009 at 10:27 PM

In my opinion, I think that was supposed to be a touching coincidence.
Death returns the body he tooks because it wasn't his.

The ending for those of you who didn't see the movie:

Bill dares Joe (Death) to reveal to Susan who he really is at Bill's birthday party. Joe does so, and Susan is distressed and cannot accept Joe. Joe decides to help Bill by revealing his dishonest new business associate that he is an undercover agent for the IRS and that he has been discovered. This then prevents Parish Communications from being sold off to John Bontique. Nearing the end of the party, Joe takes Bill over the bridge of a stream on Bill's estate and takes him to the afterlife, also returning the body of the young man. Susan and the young man speak (him knowing nothing of the previous events) and they fall in love.

answered by Camelie | 10-17-2009 at 10:31 PM

You made great point. It doesn't make sense why he is saying deaths line. In my opinion, this man saying this line is to signify how perfect he is for Susan. After leaving the coffee shop at the beginning of the film, this man somehow quoted her father saying "Lightning could strike." Which caught Susan's attention. It's just to show that a man who has qualities from both William and death is perfect for Susan.

answered by Guest | 10-05-2011 at 10:59 AM

And William's dead body is left for several years across the bridge. Because Susan assumes he's evaporated.

answered by Guest | 12-04-2011 at 06:58 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.