Security Tool Virus Removal Download?

My neighboor warned me today about the security tool application. He said Security Tool is a computer virus pretending to be a security application. It tells you that there is a virus in your computer and will trick you into installing the program. I installed it and now I want to remove the virus from my computer.

Where can I find a virus removal app to get rid of the security tool virus?

asked by Jim in Software | 13797 views | 10-08-2009 at 04:43 PM

Security Tool is a clone of Total Security and System Security, which are also both fake antivirus programs and both have very similar characteristics to SecurityTool. The program does nothing good for your computer.

Instructions to remove the virus Security Tool:

1. Stop Security Tool Processes: [random numbers].exe
2. Remove Security Tool Files
* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[random numbers]\
* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[random numbers]\[random numbers].exe
3. Remove Security Tool Registry Keys
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Security Tool
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\Security Tool
4. Remove Security Tool Startup Entry: [random numbers].exe
5. Block Security Tool Related Websites: If you are receiving pop ups from specific websites related to SecurityTool, you can block these websites through your HOSTS file.

answered by Kiley | 10-08-2009 at 05:19 PM

Security Tool Virus Removal
I had the same virus. I got by visiting this website which kinda looked like window's control panel. I ended up clicking somewhere and Security Tool downloaded in to my computer. I was able to remove it with this instructions.

answered by Guest | 10-08-2009 at 07:57 PM

PLEASE HELP
i just got this virus its 2 am in the morning and I'm a lil slow when it comes to computers someone please help out. anythime i try to d/l any anti malware software the security tool wont allow it to run. could someone explain how to remove this thing in easier terms to understand. Please help me

Thanks

answered by Cam | 10-09-2009 at 07:09 AM

Found this great site and I was able to remove the Security Tool Virus, thanks for the instructions.

answered by Guest | 10-09-2009 at 07:53 AM

Security tool manual removal guide
There's an anti-spyware application that should remove this virus, it's called
Spyware Doctor.
Good luck!

answered by belekas | 10-09-2009 at 10:17 AM

I am not able to decifer the instructions. Can anyone out there explain what Kiley is telling us to do to eliminate the virus. I am running Windows XP. I am stopeed right at the first instruction.

answered by Guest | 10-10-2009 at 11:27 PM

hello, another compleat noob on computers. like the other guy, can you simplify the instructions? i got this last night and didn't know what to do beyond disconnecting from the dsl box 'cause it said it was trying to send my info out.

answered by Guest | 10-11-2009 at 02:33 PM

TO EVERY PERSON WHO NEEDS HELP

1. ctrl + alt + delete
2. Click on the process tab
3. Find the process that is a bunch of random numbers.
4. Right click then left click "end Process tree"
----------------------------------
1. go in start menu
2. click on my computer
3. go into disk drive "c"
4. then click on Documents and Dettings
5. click on All Users
6.Then click on Application Data
7. Then delete the file with random numbers ; ex : 8764895783467

Restart your comp and you should be fine MOMENTARILY. I would still suggest getting good anti virus protection. And not the free kind.

answered by Guest | 10-12-2009 at 04:17 AM

Excellent job at explaining those direction in laymans terms! However, I have come across another problem. I have no idea what I'm doing I'm just trying to get this virus off of my aunts computer because she is going to blame it all on me (nail-biting)....I have followed your directions to the best of my ability but it appears that security tool may have updated or something. It will not allow me to even open the task manager. So I searched around on the internet and found two other different ways to "end process tree" as you said. I tried downloading ProcessExplorer but Security Tool will not allow that program to open either. Then I tried to "restore Task Manager from registry" as described on another site but Security Tool will not allow that either. Please HELP!!!!

answered by Byron | 10-12-2009 at 04:46 PM

BYRON
Had the same problem. What you need to do is hard start your computer, in other words push the button to turn it off, then push to restart. Before all of your desktop loads, keep hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del until your task manager comes up, then follow the steps.

answered by Guest | 10-12-2009 at 11:14 PM

I got this stupid virus on my computer as well, what I did to get rid of it was restart my computer in safe mode (push F8 at start up) then did a system restore to about a month previous to contracting the virus. This did the trick, my computer still ran slow, but at least I had access to all the programs on the pc. Then I went out and purchased a new antivirus program, now we're as good as new... Hope this helps

answered by Guest | 10-20-2009 at 08:50 PM

the virus won't go away
will it ruin my computer????
OMG HELP

answered by Guest | 12-22-2009 at 12:09 AM

Security Tool delete
If you happen to download I found a simple way to remove once it is installed with out any malware removal extra needed. Steps...
1. Go to program files find secutiry tool will be also listed as 8 numbers just random numbers. 2. right click it and go to rename. rename it anything you want toojust remember what you rename it.
3.after that restart your computer. when you are rebooted right click it and hit delete do this to every place you had to rename it. it will go to your recycling bin than just dump you recycling bin.
4. after that install a program called "The Cleaner you" will find this at moosoft.com install and run this program it will tell you if you comletely removed all of any harmful strand.
{this is after you have renamed it}Be sure what ever you do tho do not left click on it because it will reintstall and you willhave to repeat the steps and step 4 is optional but will also be helpful in the end if you do not have good protection.

answered by Guest | 12-26-2009 at 11:08 PM

Removal
1. Open file location on virus source. (Right click and go to properties and click 'open file location') 2. Right click virus source and go to properties. (Example. 45263672.exe) 3. Click security tab and then go down to the bottom and click advanced. 4. Click change permissions. 5. Find yourself as a user, in my case it was ( John (John-PC\John) ) ; and click Edit tab. 6. Check DENY on all the tabs. 7. Apply and restart your computer. BAM your Security Tool Virus Free!!!.

answered by Guest | 12-28-2009 at 01:25 AM

Here is some additional information on the security tool virus that I found -

http://www.virusremovalguru.com/?p=4035

answered by Guest | 01-03-2010 at 09:00 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.