Oprah Magazine Recipes?

I followed a recipe I found on Oprah Magazine.
I followed this recipe and it was too sweet for my taste. It warns the soup may be too hot, i dont eat hot or spicy food at all and found it was not even close to being hot. I thought there should have been a warning for how sweet the recipe is instead. Maybe I did something wrong.
I dislike food going to waste and am hoping someone can tell me what to add to turn this disaster around.

asked by Caleb in Cooking & Recipes | 2469 views | 10-14-2009 at 06:51 PM

Instead of adding 1/2 a cup of brown sugar, add 1/4 of a cup and add some cumin, salt and some paprika, also try adding some cloves, but becareful not to eat them.

Not hot? No Crushed Red pepper, Cayenne Pepper add less garlic and use sweet onions. Be careful with the curry and coriander. I suggest you taste these items before you use them. But since its already made, you can add salt, but since Salt was not the original ingrediant, something tells me it won't be that good with salt added. Put a little aside and add Salt and see how it is. If its not good. Go to the dollar store and by some jars and jar it up for your friends and give it to them.

You can read more recipes from the Oprah's team here:

http://www.oprah.com/subtopic/food/recipes

answered by Juan | 10-14-2009 at 06:54 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.