Are The Golden Globes And Oscars The Same Thing?

I would like to know if the Golden Globes and Oscars are the same thing, because I'm really confused right now. At first, I thought the Oscars were more important than the Golden Globes, but now I'm thinking that maybe they are the same thing. If they give awards for the same things, I don't understand why they have two different names. Do you know if the Golden Globes and Oscars are the same thing?

asked by Vera in Internet | 1553 views | 01-14-2013 at 01:01 PM

The Golden Globes and the Oscars are not the same thing, although they are a little similar. The Golden Globes are less informal than the Oscars, have more categories and they are an indication of who'll be winning the Oscars later. It's easier to win a Golden Globe for a movie not so famous than an Oscar, but probably if you win one, you will win the other one.
This two awards are similar, but not the same thing. Different groups of people choose who wins and not all the famous are voted for the two prizes.
Although they are not the same thing, the excuse to look pretty and make a long speech is the same for the two events, so don't worry, you won't get bored.

answered by Bruce | 01-14-2013 at 01:04 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.