Is Downton Abbey a Real Place?

I love Downton Abbey, I always watch it and I was wondering if it's a real place. I don't know where they film it, but I would love to go and make a special tour to see how is in real life. Maybe Downton Abbey is not only one place, but I really want to go. I know is somewhere in the UK and they mentioned some places, but I don't know if they are true or not. Do you know if Downton Abbey is a real place?

asked by Leila in Internet | 1435 views | 01-07-2013 at 12:37 PM

Downton Abbey is not a real place, although is described as lying in the historical Country of Yorkshire. For exterior and most of the interior shots was used the Highclere Castle, but the working areas and some upstairs bedrooms were filmed at the Ealing Studios. The village of Bampton in Oxfordshire was use to outdoor scenes of Downton Abbey and Greys Court also in Oxfordshire was used as the family's secondary property.
Downton Abbey is not a real place, but you can go and visit all this different villages watching the real scenery, and for sure you will love it. The good part is that you will have more places to go and you will travel a lot more, making a beautiful tour. I hope you like it.

answered by Hope | 01-07-2013 at 12:38 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.