Is 28 January 2013 a Public Holiday?

I'm from Australia and I would like to know if January 26th is a public holiday and if they will change this date to the 28th in 2013. I'm an employee and that's why for me is so important. We won't have a lot of vacations this 2013, so I want to travel with my family this holiday, but I don't know if January 28th is a public one or not. I don't remember if I worked last year, and this time I want to make all the plans with time so I want to make sure I will have a day off. Do you know if January 28th is a public holiday this 2013?

asked by Spencer in Internet | 1967 views | 01-02-2013 at 03:13 PM

'Australia Day' this 2013 will be on January 28th and it's a public holiday so you don't have to work. In this country, employees can be absent from work and will be paid for standard hours, so you will be able to travel with your family.
This public holiday is celebrated this 2013 on January 28th instead of the 26th because is on Saturday, but If you want to be sure that you are going to have a day off, you can ask in your job. Probably you won't work because is a very important public holiday and that's why they changed it this 2013.
I hope you enjoy this January 28th traveling with your family.

answered by Stephen | 01-02-2013 at 03:14 PM

Louis Vuitton Mode
Thanks for the information, I'm happy that I'll have a day off to travel and spend some time with my family. I didn't remember when this Australia Day was. Thank you.

answered by ceflenonvives | 01-05-2013 at 06:56 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.