Is Django Unchained a True Story?

I'm going to watch Django Unchained this week and I wanted to know if this is a true story or not. Some movies are based in a real life, but I'm not sure about this one. My friend told me that he thinks it is because of the story and the situation, and I started to think that maybe it's true although I read the plot of Django Unchained and it doesn't say anything about it.
Do you know if Django Unchained is a true story?

asked by Javier in Internet | 5309 views | 12-26-2012 at 01:22 PM

Django Unchained is not a true story, but the situations in the film are based on fact because there where real life cases of freed slaves who worked to help others, but this movie is not based on any actual people. Of course we can think Django Unchained is a true story because represents the slaves, risking their lives and working in those Candie plantation, but we don't know if existed a man like Jamie Foxx who tried to safe his still enslaved wife.
Tarantino, the director, said that he wanted to create a film using parts of America's past, so although Django Unchained is not a true story, we can say is based in real history and in situations that actually happened in those terrible times.

answered by Skyler | 12-26-2012 at 01:24 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.