Is Instagram Safe For Kids?

My daughter has an iPad and she loves taking pictures and now that she has Instagram I'm not sure if this is safe for kids. She is all the time with this application, changing the pics and putting them on the internet and that's why I want to know how safe this is. She told me a lot of kids have Instagram, but also I'm sure a lot of adults so I'm not relax yet. If someone knows please it would be great because I want to know if Instagram is safe or a risk for my daughter and the rest of the kids.

asked by Vanessa in Internet | 2197 views | 12-19-2012 at 12:46 PM

Instagram is a great application but I don't think is safe for kids. You can do a lot of things with this program, like changing the pictures and shearing not only with your friends but also with all the rest of the people who also have Instagram if you don't configure your account. This application is not for kids under 13, there are a lot of pictures not appropriate for them that they can see without searching them. To make it safer first you have to go to your profile page and where you see "Photos are private" you have to switch to ON, so only people who is your friend will be able to see these pictures, and for this, they will have to send you a request and you will have to accept it. Also, you have to be careful to not press the 'location' button, because this can be dangerous for kids.
Instagram is a very good application but I don't think is safe and if you do a good research you will find a lot of other programs specially made for children.

answered by Grant | 12-19-2012 at 12:48 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.