How Long Does It Take To Get a Passport Card In The US?

I have to get my passport card and I don't know how long does it take to get in the US. I want to travel next year and I don't know if it will be ready for that time. My sister made her passport card here in the US and she got it 2 months later. I want it for my next summer vacations so I still have time but If I can do my passport card later it will be great because I don't have a lot of time. I know that in the US some times these things need some time and I don't want to have problems get in it. I hope it doesn't take too long.

asked by Victor09 in Internet | 1489 views | 12-18-2012 at 03:26 PM

I made my passport card a few months ago and it took me like 6 weeks so although you still have time, I recommend you to do it now so you won't have problems in the future getting it, because it can be long.
The US Department of State Passport Services takes the same time to process a passport card as it does for a passport book, and it can take from 4 weeks to 3 months, depending on the demand at the time you apply. You know how the US is with papers, so you should be carefully if you don't want to be running the last days before your trip trying to get your passport card.
I hope it won't take long, but just to be sure, try to do it now.

answered by Jaxon | 12-18-2012 at 03:28 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.