Is Gangnam Style a Joke Song?

I don't like the song Gangnam Style, I think it's a joke and I can't believe that it's so popular right now. I'm not sure what is this song about and I cannot watch the video anymore. Everywhere they are dancing this Gangnam Style and I know that at first it started like a joke, but now people like it, or they get used to it, I don't know.
If this is a joke, I would like to know because it's all the time on the radio and I want to tell my friends if this Gangnam Style song it was just made up to make fun of all of the people who fallow it nowadays.

asked by Trenton in Internet | 2402 views | 12-14-2012 at 04:05 PM

Gangnam Style is not a joke song, but it has a subversive message that we cannot forget. In the video they show the self-importance and ostentatious wealth in a neighborhood in South Corea while Psy, the singer, is playing a caricature of a Gangnam man. Although I don't consider this like a joke, this song suggest a subtext about a specific class in this Corean society.
This video is a satire about the style of this Gangnam neighborhood and how also people dream to be part of it, without knowing what this really means.
I know that this song seems to be a joke, but this is a really interesting video that shows more than you can imagine.

answered by Francisco | 12-14-2012 at 04:06 PM

Koreon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
I don't like the song Gangnam Style, I think it's a joke and I can't believe that it's so popular right now. I'm not sure what is this song about and I cannot watch the video anymore. Everywhere they are dancing this Gangnam Style and I know that at first it started like a joke, but now people like it, or they get used to it, I don't know.
If this is a joke, I would like to know because it's all the time on the radio and I want to tell my friends if this Gangnam Style song it was just made up to make fun of all of the people who fallow it nowadays.
I don't know if this is a joke or not, but for me is strange that he had so much success. I don't like it either so I understand you. I hope it has a meaning.

answered by Guest | 12-15-2012 at 03:04 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.