Is New Year's Eve a Busy Travel Day?

This New Year's Eve I want to travel to my parent's house but they live a little far away. I don't know if I'm going by car or plane, and that's why I would like to know how busy this day is for traveling. I know that there are some days when all the people go to their relatives or friends so I would like to know how busy this New Year's Eve is going to be. I want to go one day before New Year because I want to spend that night with my family, but I don't know if this is a good idea because I'm thinking that probably is going to be full of people everywhere.
I know that New Year's Eve is probably a busy travel day, but I really want to visit my family and friends!!!

asked by Rodrigo in Holidays | 2690 views | 12-11-2012 at 03:11 PM

When you travel it can be great or a little stressful, and especially when you do it in a really busy day. When there is a major holiday, a lot of people want to travel at the same time and it's really difficult to know the best moment to help you to avoid unnecessary stress, and that's what happens with New Year's Eve. Christmas and Thanksgiving are really busy days to travel, but New Year's Eve is not behind. All of these holidays tend to have busier traffic condition and Police may set checkpoints for those who drink and drive. New Year's Day is not so crowded and that's why cheaper fares are being offered this day, but New Year's Eve is a high-traffic day for airlines, so going by plane is not so easy.
Of course that if you avoid these dates you can have a more relaxing trip, but if you have to travel this day I recommend you to be patient, and to do it with a lot of time in advance so you don't get nervous in case you don't get there in time. I hope you have a beautiful and calm trip!!

answered by June | 12-11-2012 at 03:12 PM

I think is a really busy day because everyone is going to visit their friends or family so I recommend you to go other day.

answered by Guest | 12-11-2012 at 10:22 PM

Yes, everyone is shopping because they have to get Christmas gifts

answered by Guest | 12-11-2012 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
This New Year's Eve I want to travel to my parent's house but they live a little far away. I don't know if I'm going by car or plane, and that's why I would like to know how busy this day is for traveling. I know that there are some days when all the people go to their relatives or friends so I would like to know how busy this New Year's Eve is going to be. I want to go one day before New Year because I want to spend that night with my family, but I don't know if this is a good idea because I'm thinking that probably is going to be full of people everywhere.
I know that New Year's Eve is probably a busy travel day, but I really want to visit my family and friends!!!
Of course it is, people always visit their families on New Year's Eve, so don't travel that day.

answered by Guest | 12-20-2012 at 12:13 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.