How To Decorate For Christmas On a Budget?

I really like to decorate for Christmas but always in this time of the year I have to buy so many things that I have to look for cheap things and remember always my budget. With all the presents and food, if I also have to buy another thing to decorate it's too much. This is the first year since I moved that I have to decorate, and that's why I don't have things from last year to put in my house. I know that in a few years I'm going to have more things, but for now I don't know how to decorate for this Christmas on a budget. I want to celebrate that I'm in a new place so I invited all my family and friends and I want to have all my house with the Christmas spirit. I know what to cook, I bought the presents and the only thing that I don't have is the decoration, so if anyone knows how to do it on a budget, will be great!!!

asked by Naomi in Holidays | 1541 views | 12-10-2012 at 04:17 PM

The best thing you can do to decorate for Christmas on a budget is to do it yourself. Of course you can buy the things but if you want to celebrate with friends and family in this new place you should try to do the ornaments yourself. This is the best option to keep on a budget and to decorate with the things you really like. For those things you have to buy, you can go to Big Lots, they have very good prices and it's not going to change a lot your budget.
You can make a wreath using different papers, noodles, colors; card for your friends, put candles in a painted jar, make small Christmas trees with different papers and colors to decorate some table, hang a poster with "Merry Christmas" or put some stars or snowballs in the window.
I know this is not the fastest way to decorate because you need time and imagination, but it's nice to have your house full of things made by you and also you will not spend a lot of money so you won't be worried about your budget.

answered by Violet10 | 12-10-2012 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
I really like to decorate for Christmas but always in this time of the year I have to buy so many things that I have to look for cheap things and remember always my budget. With all the presents and food, if I also have to buy another thing to decorate it's too much. This is the first year since I moved that I have to decorate, and that's why I don't have things from last year to put in my house. I know that in a few years I'm going to have more things, but for now I don't know how to decorate for this Christmas on a budget. I want to celebrate that I'm in a new place so I invited all my family and friends and I want to have all my house with the Christmas spirit. I know what to cook, I bought the presents and the only thing that I don't have is the decoration, so if anyone knows how to do it on a budget, will be great!!!

Well go to a good priced store and ask for some cheep but pretty Christmas decorations and I'm sure they will help you out if they can.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2012 at 06:59 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.