Hanukkah 2012 Candle Lighting Times?

This year I would like to travel with my family to New York City to see the Candle Lighting for this Hanukkah 2012 but I don't know the times and where. Also, somebody told me that in Washington will be another candle lighting and I would like to know the times and when because maybe I can go there too. I really want to celebrate with my family this Hanukkah and we always watch this show on the TV and this 2012 I want to be part of this candle lighting. It's a very special holiday for all of us and that's why I would like to know the times. We are preparing everything because we want to be together for this magic celebration. We will be truly part of this Hanukkah 2012!!!

asked by Ethan in Holidays | 1537 views | 12-10-2012 at 12:59 PM

I know how important is to be present in the candle lighting and this Hanukkah 2012 will be really great. In New York City the Hanukkah is going to start with the world's largest 32 foot menorah, on Dec.8 at sundown and it will lit for eight days. This candle lighting will be in Central Park and they are expecting dignitaries, rabbis and a big crowd. This ceremony in 2012 will start at 8:30 p.m. on 5th Avenue near the park's southeast corner and also there is a "Hanukkah on Ice" event on Dec. 10 at the ice skating rink in this park.
The times are different according to the places you want to go and the day but if you can go to the Candle lighting in New York, I'm sure you will really like it.
Just in case I can give you the times in other places, like in Miami the Miami Heat will have a Jewish heritage Night on Dec.12 at American Arena with a candle lighting at halftime and a party after the game. On Dec. 9 from 4 p.m. the National Menorah Lighting will be near the White House in Washington DC with performances by The Three Cantor, a U.S. Navy band.
Also, in Los Angeles every year there is a Candle Lighting in City Hall with a 15 foot menorah that will be lit at Universal CityWalk at 7:40 p.m. on Sunday.
Hanukkah 2012 is celebrate all around the world and for example in London a menorah lighting will be in Trafalgar Square on Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. and Paris will have a live concert with videos to menorah lighting in New York and Jerusalem on Dec. 9 at 8 p.m.
Good luck with this Candle Lighting!!!!

answered by Lucas | 12-10-2012 at 01:03 PM

I love Hanukkah and I really enjoyed the candle lightening.

answered by Guest | 12-11-2012 at 10:25 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.