Is New Year's Eve a Legal Holiday?

I work in a bank and I would like to know if New Year's Eve is a Legal Holiday, because I don't know if I have the obligation to work or if in my job they are going to give me more money if I go that day. My kids don't go to school in New Year's Eve so I though it could be a legal holiday, but all my friends are telling me that is not, so I'm not sure. I know that on january 1st we have a free day, but here the New Year's Eve parties are so big that most of the people don't go to work, so I thought that maybe it's a legal holiday and only some stores are open because they want. Is it a legal holiday?

asked by Eric in Holidays | 1778 views | 12-05-2012 at 08:30 PM

New Year's Eve is not a legal holiday but is in the holiday season at the end of the year and that's why your kids don't go to school, other organizations are closed and the open ones offer limited services. In New Year's Eve the stores are open but they colse early and the theaters and clubs have special programs. I think you will have to work, because this day is not a federal holiday, but this night is so important that maybe they are going to give you one day off. On January 1st no one goes to work, but although New Year's Eve is not a legal holiday, a lot of people ask for a free day so they can spend the last day of the year with relatives and friends.

answered by Alex | 12-05-2012 at 08:31 PM

I love this date because I have my day off. It's great to travel with family

answered by Guest | 12-11-2012 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I work in a bank and I would like to know if New Year's Eve is a Legal Holiday, because I don't know if I have the obligation to work or if in my job they are going to give me more money if I go that day. My kids don't go to school in New Year's Eve so I though it could be a legal holiday, but all my friends are telling me that is not, so I'm not sure. I know that on January 1st we have a free day, but here the New Year's Eve parties are so big that most of the people don't go to work, so I thought that maybe it's a legal holiday and only some stores are open because they want. Is it a legal holiday?
We get time off school and work and this is what matters, so the best thing is to enjoy this day.

answered by Guest | 12-19-2012 at 12:27 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.