When Is The World Supposed To End According To The Mayans?

I supposed that this is not true, but I think that maybe the world is going to end according to the Mayans, we are doing everything so wrong that this won't be so rear. The mayans said that the world is supposed to end this year but I don't know when, is in December? Before Christmas?According to the Mayans, the world will end or is just a assumption?

asked by Ana in Internet | 1532 views | 11-30-2012 at 08:31 PM

Some people say that according to the Mayans calendar the world will end with the Winter Solstice on December 21st, but you can find different opinions about what this calendar really means. A New Age interpretation is that this day is the transition from one World Age into another with a positive spiritual transformation. Of course other suggest that this day will be a catastrophe, like the Apocalypse. Astronomers and scientists have rejected this ideas, and they think there are more important things to study like the global warming.
A resent study in the Boston University indicate that this calendar shows the end of a cycle with a new one starting, because there are a lot of infinite cycles. In Xul˙n, a Mayan dynastic hub they found paintings and four long numbers that represent different times in the calendar, and it shows the world ending after 13 periods or 5,000 years and we will end in the last one, so not now.
Other prediction was the world crashing with Nibiru, another planet, but the NASA wrote an article about this and other questions people have, and according to them nothing is going to happen this year.
You will find a lot of different opinions, but if you go to the facts, probably you won't find anything clear about the world ending soon.

answered by Samantha | 11-30-2012 at 08:36 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.