Are Meteor Showers Bad & Dangerous?

Are meteor showers something to be afraid of, are they considered bad and dangerous? Because many cases have been reported about people getting hit on the head with a meteorite.
Since tonight there's going to be a huge meteor shower and my kids like to play outside, I'd like to know if they are dangerous so I make my children stay inside. When you watch the news, they never talk about meter showers being bad, they always consider them a beautiful spectacle.
But I want to be informed, because if meteor showers like the one taking place today are bad or dangerous, then I must take the proper measures.

asked by Diana in Internet | 2091 views | 01-05-2012 at 12:17 AM

Meteor showers are beautiful, they're not dangerous or bad. They happen all the time, even when they're not reported in the news.
A meteor shower is composed of the same rocks we call a "falling star", and by now they do not represent any risk for us, which means we shouldn't be afraid of them.
You know why meteor showers are not dangerous at all? Because Earth is protected by a layer that burns all the rocks that come from space so nothing really gets to hear the planet most of the time. Enjoy tonight's meteor shower, they're not bad at all.

answered by Flower | 01-05-2012 at 12:20 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.